• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth is annoying

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
i use FD for everything, so idk, but when i face them, i realized that aether is meh friend :p

noobslayer

Smash Apprentice
whats good counterpick stages vs marth?my friend mains marth.
Ike and Marth are both about the same size with the same attack range and similar (somewhat) hitboxes. Do you honestly think that the stage will make a big difference?

Learn to play your Ike better; abuse your attacks with best range (Fair, Ftilt, etc.)
You need to overpower and outrange Marth; when he gets up close he is faster and will brutally maul you.

Edit: @ OP, Marth is pretty annoying for anyone to face, lol. :)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
not true. the thing is to get him into the air and juggle. marth can be easily juggled due to his horrible dair (when using to defend)
noobslayer's right. Marth does beat Ike even with his dair (No good Marth would use dair as an aerial defense. Too risky. I think you're going up against bad players.) Side-B does nasty things to Ike, Marth's fair gimps Ike's recovery and does well against Ike, and Marth's nair good against him, too. 7-3 in Marth's favor. You have to be careful and patient fighting him. It all comes down to who's the better player at this point. Also, Marth has an easier time juggling Ike than Ike does. Besides, there's air-dodging. Done here.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I main Ness and second Ike, both bad match-ups to Marth. My opinion is to find a new character , honestly. Because he can easily gimp your aether recovery with his counter, end of story.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Ike > Marth. Ike has almost double Marth's strength and range. You can use QD to catch up to him if he runs away. The only real problem would be him edge-camping with Counter. The best stages are flat and simple. Avoid stages with many different levels. Ike is slow enough as it is without obstacles.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
ike own marth but if marth uses the counter edge guard what i do is do a reverse aether and you shouldn't hit him and i get on safely

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Ike > Marth. Ike has almost double Marth's strength and range. You can use QD to catch up to him if he runs away. The only real problem would be him edge-camping with Counter. The best stages are flat and simple. Avoid stages with many different levels. Ike is slow enough as it is without obstacles.
QD... are you kidding me? Double of range of marth...? have you ever faced a marth who knows the meaning of shield?

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
QD... are you kidding me? Double of range of marth...? have you ever faced a marth who knows the meaning of shield?

QFT...I can believe some people think Ike does good against Marth.
Is not as bad as versus Meta,but still Marth has a big advantage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Marth is gay, so of course he's annoying. Seriously you got to mind game him pretty wel. If you can fake his counter out, it's a free ftilt. Course marth has a defense and offense game so he's just hard.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I can say is play the range poking game... As much as you can, out-range Marth as much as possible... If he gets too close, dodge roll/Quick Draw away and play the game again... Ike has a slight bit more range than what Marth has, so use that to your full advantage... Also, don't forget to jab...

Top Bottom