• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth > Ike

uremog

Smash Ace
lol, at least he didn't taunt at the start of the match like 1/2 the people on wifi

TRu_Ch40s

Smash Rookie
WORST IKE EVER...... good marth

ive seen much better marths get torn up against ike.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
One match does not make Marth immediately superior to Ike. I have defeated many decent Marths with a decent Ike, but lost just as many matches. A good Marth should beat a good Ike, but it is not as definite as you are making it out to be.

∫unk

Smash Master
One match does not make Marth immediately superior to Ike. I have defeated many decent Marths with a decent Ike, but lost just as many matches. A good Marth should beat a good Ike, but it is not as definite as you are making it out to be.
Captain Obvious to the rescue!

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
in a battle vs ikes move list as marth
smash up=counter
smash F=counter
smash down=spacing/ or if your behind him counter.
tilt-up=spacing
tilt-forward=dodge/roll depending on distance.
tilt-down=spacing
B=wait until he takes 10% damage for being a noob or neutral B. if hes using it to edgeguard use B-over to slow your fall and counter fall into it at the end.
B-over=if hes off the stage coming back, counter ftw.
if hes on the ground using it run away from him . if he releases close roll. if your far enough away counter. note you have to have a understanding of how far he is going to travel though.
b-up=if hes trying to get back edgeguard. if you dont have enough time to edgeguard wait for the first part (space yourself and wait for the lone sword part to pass then when he starts coming up to grab his sword) shorthop to counter falling into it ftw
down-air=only hits under him, dont be directly under him (without being ready to dodge/counter)
up-air=only hits above him, dont be directly above him. (without being ready to dodge/counter)
side air=hits above then below stay away from the top side of the direction he is facing.
back air=airdodge (you should see it coming since he has to have his back to you) or attack aiming at his top side of his back
counter=dont be so offensive
A=probably the only move that can hit you lol

if you play a marth against an ike regularly ask yourself. is he getting off f-smashes or up-smashes? even if he c-sticks you should be able to counter before it can hit you. if you keep getting your butt kicked play more defensive. poke at him keeping the distance to counter longer starting lag attacks and dodging shorter lag attacks.

i have crappy college wifi so sorry i cant let you pwn me with your ike because im a noob. im sure there are ikes that can beat marths but i still believe that marth has an advantage. i dont really get ike. online hes a joke usually and at tournments they still either make stupid mistakes or are used to things working that i just completely blow through
(edge guarding with neutral B=counter =D)
(getting back with over-b cause its so easy to edge guard ikes up-b....WOOPS COUNTER =D)

yes he can kill you at low percents but when i die at 60% or whatnot i dont ever go. wow i got outskiled. its more like...wow i misjudged the spacing on his f-smash.

your coming down on a ike whos charging a up+smash you COULD
airdodge and F-smash him for like...a possible 24% if you time it right and sweet spot.
or
counter and hit him for like 30% with much more knockback.

dont cry about countering then him faking you out. like half of his moves you can counter once he has already begun it.

Top Bottom