• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth a homo story

RCD

Smash Cadet
every one knows that falco is a space animal and he is one of th two divine shosen ones to be the elite

falco has an advantage almost over every character including marth but what the heck
does falco rally do better than marth and who has the advantage in a head to head match because i dont think its marth but i cant find the trick to own one

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
iunno... My friend who plays Marth always complains how much better Falco is in the match up 'cause he has a projectile. But I think Marth has the advantage on most stages except moving stages and FD/Dreamland.

In reality, it's actually even. imo, Marth has a slight advantage 'cause of levels. But that's just me talking as a Falco. ^_^

Dojo

Smash Champion
its possible. u just have to play smarter and more defensive. most falco players play very aggressive and go in for the attk having a good chance of a cg if u miss an l cancel or something like that.

lasers lasers lasers. even on smaller stages with platforms u have to keep moving around lasering whenever u get the chance. wait for them to get aggravated and they make a wrong move then punish them severely for it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
its possible. u just have to play smarter and more defensive. most falco players play very aggressive and go in for the attk having a good chance of a cg if u miss an l cancel or something like that.

lasers lasers lasers. even on smaller stages with platforms u have to keep moving around lasering whenever u get the chance. wait for them to get aggravated and they make a wrong move then punish them severely for it.
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
lasers are only a setback for good marths. he knows how to laser lets give some better advice.

-theres no easy way to beat a marth, my best advice is to know what to watch out for. try your best not to get grabbed. learn how to avoid simple edgeguarding tactics (and learn to tech edges).

-mr. c would say dont do crap dairs. shuffle good dairs or just nair to be safe.

-jab and tilts rule

mathos

Smash Champion
Pish I doubt he knows how to effectively laser. It is such an art. :-)

But utilts from shine spike combos can be benefical. Just don't lang in front of him if possible. Marth can't do much if he's facing the wrong way.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

Amen to that. that's true with just about any character VS Marth. You just have to take advantage of his lack of projectiles and lasor spam him. Make sure you're confident enough to bring the lasors far down enough or else he can dash under them. o_O If you can't, well, make sure you have some distance and be prepared to switch tactics in an instant.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
But I think Marth has the advantage on most stages except moving stages and FD/Dreamland.
actually, if the Marth knows how to chain grab a Falco (or even Fox for that matter) FD is a great stage to pick against them cause you can just chain grab to about 70-80% and they cant do anything about it. Dreamland too, but not as much cause they can just DI towards the platforms. but still possible.

oh and Marth does very well on moving stages.

and another thing guys, thats "DaCheezWizard"... DaShizWiz is the amazing Falco player we all know and love. just wanted to make sure no one was getting too excited for no reason :D

DaCheezWizard

Smash Rookie
yo cheezwiz, you got any vids up, i heard your almost robotic.

yo thanks man but im actually better than robotci cus i play frame perfect and i am still way smarte than robots. its tuff for me to get vids up cus im pretty poor. im gonna try to go to a torny where they record matches soon sob that everyone can see how amazing i m.

anyways some more tips. when ur fighting against marth and hes in his shild make sure that u dont hit with a nair/dair mid/top part of his shild u gotta delay the hit so you hit near his feet and he cant upb out before you land n practice ur combos but dont be greedy unless ur 100% you can land a hit without him fairing you or somethin just retraet and prep for another advance. just gotta remember you ned tto be a beast when you play, constant offense, but not a stupid beast ya got me on that one?i tend to not laser that much just cus i dont need to tho cause if i hit somene they dead u kno what i mea?

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
choose fod prolly. learn to edgetech, otherwise you'll never come back if you're off. dtilts and uairs works great because of marth's easiness to vertikill

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I don't know what people mean with "lasers are only a setback".

Camping out a good Marth is the only alternative to getting lucky against a good Marth.

Top Bottom