• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's U-tilt/U-air *****

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
alright so ive been practicing with d-throw -> u-air for awhile trying to hit the enemy with u-air twice then go to a u-tilt, but am always missing on my second u-air. Ive tried to do SH u-airs with the c-stick in order to fastfall easier but occasionaly i do an f-air istead of u-tilt :urg:. Also when i try to u-air with the a button instead of the c-stick, the gay tap jump wastes my second jump and i go higher than i want to in a SH.

How do u fastfall out of a shorthop u-air using the A button? C stick down maybe??

u-tilt is hard for me to do. Does anyone actually tilt the control stick or do u lock it?

not using u-tilt and u-air is hurting my mario's game, can anyone help me out here?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
alright so ive been practicing with d-throw -> u-air for awhile trying to hit the enemy with u-air twice then go to a u-tilt, but am always missing on my second u-air. Ive tried to do SH u-airs with the c-stick in order to fastfall easier but occasionaly i do an f-air istead of u-tilt :urg:. Also when i try to u-air with the a button instead of the c-stick, the gay tap jump wastes my second jump and i go higher than i want to in a SH.

How do u fastfall out of a shorthop u-air using the A button? C stick down maybe??

u-tilt is hard for me to do. Does anyone actually tilt the control stick or do u lock it?

not using u-tilt and u-air is hurting my mario's game, can anyone help me out here?
Use the C-stick for uairs and make sure you're pointing up, not forward. After you got that down, I'm sure the rest will come to you. Also, using the c-stick to do uair and then fastfalling would be easier to do. Just make sure to press down on the control stick quickly.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
the only problem with that is that they probably wont allow tap jump to be turned off in an offline tourny.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Vadgama, they allow it. I just asked a friend of mine that goes to tournaments. No worries, buddy. :)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
ur supposed to jump when you up B OOS?
The idea is to jump out of your sheild to minimize lag and buffer the jump directly into an Up B; jump out of shield and use Up B at nearly the same time as your jump.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Turn tap jump off to u-tilt easier.

And if you press X, up, and B at exactly the same time, you can up-B oos with tap jump off

And as far as I know, all button changes are allowed in tournaments as long as you don't modify the actual controller (ex. turbo button, removing springs from the shoulder buttons)

Matt07

Smash Master
What everyone else said, I use c-stick for aerials too.

And why is removing the spring in the shoulder buttons not allowed, I don't see what it could do?

Top Bottom