• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Pivot Walk Discussion

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154

New useful AT discovered that allows Pivot Boosting to be used a lot more easily than before. I already tested out with this and it's freaken sweet. I can already do it pretty easily and I was trying it out for ten minutes.

It is so easy to do a reverse pivot boost to an stuttered stepped F-Smash. You can even do it out of aerials if you keep the A button held.

This feels so much like a wavedash it's not even funny. I suggest working with this. This could boost our ground game skills.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Nice, just tried it, it works pretty well if you change R on the GC controller to attack.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
wow, if it somewhat feel like anything close to a wavedash, then I'll seriously incorporate this into my metagame...

nice find, I wish I was at home to do it....

I also need to figure out a button scheme for it...

Matt07

Smash Master
Ugh, I want to try it right now.

Could anyone test this with FLUUD, Cape, maybe it'll make Mario's 'Doop Walking' like...better!

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Seems pointless...

But then again, they said the same thing bout wavedashing a few hundred years ago xD

Someone find some use for this so I can steal :D

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I've already incorporated this into my game. Somewhat.

It's decent at best for Mario, but this can pull off some sick mindgames. Insta-RAR B-airs and U-airs are hawt.

I already told you about the stutterstepped F-Smash.

EDIT: Cape gets a slight boost of distance from this. I haven't tried FLUDD however but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. FLUDD doesn't seem to be the kinda attack to utilize this with.

Matt07

Smash Master
Oh, dang as soon as I have the chance to go on the Wii, I'm adding it to my metagame, it seems very useful to pull off, and I'll set Attack to R since I never use that button anyways so it'll be easier to pull it off, and I use a unused button :laugh:.

Edit:Sweet Cape get's a boost from this, Hero we should play at 10:00 EST? Show me your Doop Walking?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Doop Walked Dsmashes are pretty smooth, that's all I got right now, but I still am trying to get used to it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It takes a bit of getting used to, but I can see this leading to some sexy mindgames/combos especially for combo vids. Somebody make a montage of doop ***** before DTM2 !

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Wow, this is pretty fun. xD I like the cape boost it gets and downsmashing out of it seems pretty cool. It's a cool way to play StutterFsmash mindgames too. Awesome find by Doopliss.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
OMG....just tried it....
Sparks new ideaas!!!!!!!

I see, pulling out smashes out of the pivot walk feels somewhat like a wavedash, if you can somewhat change directions with this walk, man....

Definitely a keeper, mario's metagame just got expanded!!!! I've been waiting for something like this....

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Tried it out just now, and I really don't see how good it is. While yes, it may make Mario a bit faster, is this neccesarily a good thing? Just because we can move faster doesn't change the fact that we don't have enough hitstun in Brawl to combo, even with doop walking.

Mindgames? Oh yeah, look at him turn backwards. Unless you're trying to get somebody to chase after you only to fall into a stutter-stepped fsmash, this has no use. Not to mention that you can get people to follow you without it.

Doop walking is only good for one thing: running away from your opponent. I don't think it helps Mario much.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I never really put Mario as one to benefit from this..... >.>

Marth / Zamus / Link (if they stop saying its worthless and give it a shot) / DK

Especially Marth.... they gain a lot of speed from it >.> much, MUCH better then their walk.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
if only we can change directions with it.... O.o

I'm going to keep on messing around with it though, right now, the main uses the pivot walk enables me is the ablility to 'feint' my movements... which is something I've been meaning to expand, to look less predictable...

_Green_

Smash Rookie
Holy crap, pivot walking to ledge allows you to reverse the cape backwards while keeping your foward Momentum through cape gliding , this tech is pretty nice, man. You can try to replicate the same effect without the pivot walk, but it's much much harder, and even if you do you won't go as far.

Top Bottom