• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Match-Up Chart thread

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
DJ Nintendo, I'll always remember you for your Team Wobble w/ Green Mario.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its always fun to team with him lol.

By the way guys, Mario's matchup against Falco is even.
i agree. a lot of people get intimidated by the shorthopped lasers, but once you learn how to get passed it (powershielding and wding) the rest of the matchup isnt too bad. grabs are great against falcos and not hard to gimp.

j3ly

Smash Champion
oh yeah ofc, j3ly says it and nobody agrees then DJN says it and its like

oh! yes ofc i always thought that :)

only joking, i thought of a trick just now, if falco is about to reverse laser, we can jump backwards and cape forwards. then jump out of the cape onto a platform, come down centre stage with AC dair or somethin. or reverse cape cos it still reflects, waveland (backwards) off the platform and bair as we come down, which should auto cancel too.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
We should have ONE matchup thread. The checklist was made to organize the Mario boards lol.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Yeah, the thing is I made all the threads without looking around at the boards, so definitely use your own and just dump any final numbers in here.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
seeing the peach MU so good for peach makes me think of what armada would do to a random mario main who doesnt see it coming

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
nah he doesnt DJ haha. his mario is wicked fun to go against though. all of his characters are haha whenever i do something he'd be a step ahead of me. only got close to beating him 2 or 3 times. never did i succeed.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Hey guys do you want to keep the old Matchup thread as well as the new one because im pretty sure we could make a new or keep the old one going. any ideas

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
2 stocked a good sheik today :). he's destroyed me during tournaments before, but i finally got a chance to sit down and play with him for a couple of sets and im actually getting the hang of the sheik match up. it's hard as **** though. u-tilts work REALLY well, and as usual chaingrabs are divine.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
another thing! a good sheik will space aerials, so shieldgrabbing is generally a bad idea. try to wd oos either away from the sheik for spacing or towards a sheik for a jab->cg or smash attack. it's really risky to wd towards her though because her aerial attack should already be done by then so if the player's reflexes are any good, you could get tilted or grabbed which both would lead to a combo or f-air.
and cape dem needlez.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Mindgames and being good at the ledge gets me the stock against sheik. i try to bair cautiously when im near the ledge

Top Bottom