• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's dash

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Not everybody plays as, let alone plays against such a "restricted" character. Often enough to know this.

Jog on.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Not every plays, let alone plays against such a "restricted" character. Often enough to know this.

Jog on.
Not everyone plays, let alone plays against such a "restricted" character. Often enough to know this.

Jog on.

Restricted!

Wow, that is just wow. I've made **** post's here but this one takes the cake. Wow.

leaves.

Comes back.
I mean come on! That is just low.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
It's the bold truth.

But before anybody comes up saying, Lucas is good. Or Ness is great and blah blah. In defense of their character. Sure. I'm not saying they arent. You can kick some *** with them. Same way somebody can get good with Yoshi playing on a Classic Controller if that was his favorite character and preference. Doesnt change the fact the character is restricted. It just means that you've learned to work around it and kick *** with you're guy..

PKNintendo

Smash Master
It's the bold truth.

But before anybody comes up saying, Lucas is good. Or Ness is great and blah blah. In defense of their character. Sure. I'm not saying they arent. You can kick some *** with them. Same way somebody can get good with Yoshi playing on a Classic Controller if that was his favorite character and preference. Doesnt change the fact the character is restricted. It just means that you've learned to work around it and kick *** with you're guy..
If so, why do hang out in the Mario boards. Apparently, Mario is restricted

Since he's below on the tier list as Ness who is restricted Im going to take your opinion with a grain of salt. You know nothing othat character.

And why is it when something happens to Ness, someone adds Lucas to the picture!?

It's like saying doing that with Luigi. The characters aren't that similar.

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha wow Mario's dash attack has insane priority,:laugh:.

Alright guys, stop 'arguing' before someone is going to say something they might regret...

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen a nice Lucas before. Or a Ness for that matter. Let alone good ones. All that Zap jump, Reverse magnet nonsense can't even save Lucas in most situations. They are restricted characters, just like Mario. And everybody else in Brawl with flaws. You can become good yes. And great with them even. Still doesnt change the fact they arent all that. They are what you make them. That's all i'm saying. :laugh:

I don't even see many Mario's for that matter. If I didnt main him, I probably wouldnt be seeing half these Mario players. Same goes for the earthbound boys from my perspective.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I've never seen a nice Lucas before. Or a Ness for that matter. Let alone good ones. All that Zap jump, Reverse magnet nonsense can't even save Lucas in most situations. They are restricted characters, just like Mario. And everybody else in Brawl with flaws. You can become good yes. And great with them even. Still doesnt change the fact they arent all that. They are what you make them. That's all i'm saying. :laugh:

I don't even see many Mario's for that matter. If I didnt main him, I probably wouldnt be seeing half these Mario players. Same goes for the earthbound boys from my perspective.
Wait, so you think Mario is restricted???

Your, own main...

Anyway, I suppose your right, before I say this board, I thought Mario was bad, but now I see some raw potential, same with Ness/Lucas.

Matt07

Smash Master
Every single character in this game has potential (even Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf.) It's just, well why take a longer, more difficult path, when there is a shorter, and less easier way? They're going to be the ones 'laughing' because they're making money at tournaments.

Sorry for sounding so negative, but, it's due too so little Mario mains, and not enough tournament placings, that some characters are the way they are. Like yea, there are good placing Mario's in tournaments. But every time he wins a tournament, like the other characters win another 5 more.

Edit: This turned from Mario's dash attack, to his potential in tournaments now, :laugh:.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Wait, so you think Mario is restricted???

Your, own main...
He's right.

Mario is the most balanced character you'll ever see. With this in mind, Mario's is quite statistically restricted while all the other characters has amazing strengths and big weaknesses. The only thing Mario has is superior edgeguarding, and we Mario mains gave him that, not Mario himself.

Only until you accept that your characters has weaknesses will you be able to become a great player with that character.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Well. To be honest. The chance of a Mario (And Lucas/Ness, plus many more for that matter) Faring well in a tournament. Doesnt look so bright lol. Will take some serious dedication on the players part for somebody to even place well at a tournament with them. Let alone get close to actually winning. Reason I call them restricted characters.

I play who I enjoy using. Mario's my main. It's like saying. I love Luigi, that's my dude. And i'm great with him and I do great with him. Luigi's not very "Tournament viable" Which is where i'm coming from saying a character's restricted. You'l have to work that much harder much more consistantly to get a decent tourney placing.

As slow as the metagame for these character's progresses. (And by metagame, I mean viable move setups and approaches depending on the situation, as to AT's as those are almost finished thanks to the Online aspect of everyone upping everything off of each other visually) These closer to flawless with less cons characters are progessing twice as fast. And more constantly.

Every character has potential. Just takes time, practice, & trial and error.

Edit: That's very true. Mario's biggest weakness to me is he's average. Average in everything, speed, weight, range, projectile, priority even. Learn how to go about handling his flaws and you'l be alright. He's not outstanding in anything. Edge gaurding is what's saving Mario. His greatest tools are his cape & Fludd.

Top Bottom