• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's D-tilt might actually be useful.

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Mario's D-tilt has always sucked in smash (excluding PM, its actually quite good there). In smash64 it can be used to edge guard but its very situational. In melee it has no combo-ability, and in brawl you can get punished for landing it.

But i noticed from watching matches that mario isn't forced to crouch agin when the move ends.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3U3AcEMF268
0:04 best example.

So with hit-stun back and D-tilt's super low knock-back, you could possibly get a follow-up with it.

Its still does crap damage tho.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well the chance to follow up on anything will give the move some purpose. Though I'm more worried about Mario's Smash attacks. I hope his Down and Up-Smash are stronger now.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Well the chance to follow up on anything will give the move some purpose. Though I'm more worried about Mario's Smash attacks. I hope his Down and Up-Smash are stronger now.
M2K mentioned Mario being WAY better than he was in Brawl. Still had the exact same moveset and everything, but his moves just worked a lot better. He DID say Down Smash was still super weak, but I wouldn't worry abot that too much for now. He definitly looks like "Mid to High Tier" material as of now, I don't think he'll be complete garbage like he was in Brawl.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
M2K mentioned Mario being WAY better than he was in Brawl. Still had the exact same moveset and everything, but his moves just worked a lot better. He DID say Down Smash was still super weak, but I wouldn't worry abot that too much for now. He definitly looks like "Mid to High Tier" material as of now, I don't think he'll be complete garbage like he was in Brawl.
I just hope these buffs stick in the Final version. Maybe be given a couple more too.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Marios main problem in Brawl is that it's Brawl. So many characters in Brawl are just bad becouse Brawl's mechanics make them so much worse.

yoyowoodchuckguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1538-9247
I've noticed that if you hit with the part of his leg closer to Mario's body, it pops them up nicely for a combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom