• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Best Team Mate?

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
I would think that anyone with powerful finishing moves would go good with Mario. He is pretty good at building up damage. I think Luigi would be a good team mate for Mario. Luigi has a lot of good finishing moves(mainly air ones though). Also for other reasons previously mentioned. I also think Samus, Gannondorf, Roy, and some other characters would also be good... Also, Dr. Mario would be a very good team mate for Mario, since he is slower and more powerful.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that sounds about right. Or maybe Ken. Who knows these things? I'd have to go with not Luigi though.

technomancer

Smash Champion
No, Isai and <insert any person here> is easily the best team ever.
QFT

Anyway, I'm back to say that Mario is Mario's absolute worst teammate, because Mario does not play off of Mario's strengths at all. The statement that "Mario is the most balanced character, therefore two Mario's will have no weaknesses mathematically" or something is ridiculous, and contradicted in your own post when you say "(save KOs)".

Mario has 3 weaknesses:
1) Approaches
2) KOs
3) Gay Characters

Mario has 3 strengths:
1) Combos/Juggles
2) Speed and Mobility
3) Edgeguarding
Optional: 4) Mindgamez

Teaming Mario with Mario essentially amplifies your weaknesses tenfold. Your approaches are seriously limited. What are you going to do, approach that sheik with a flying sex kick while your other Mario tries to slide under him? LOL YOU BOTH JUST GOT DSMASHED! Worst team ever. Ok rant done.

In other news, Peach is a good teammate, but again, not alot happening in this world that coincides with what Mario is doing, other than that Peach is great on teams. They are both much more edgeguarders than KOers, which sets you up for defeat vs. a good rescue Fox/Falco/CF based team. Also, both are heavy mindgamers, which means you spend alot of time screwing around and being concerned with spacing and proper turnip/fireball/capeage than really fighting, which I feel is limiting. Also, Mario cant really combo into Peach, save Fthrow/Bthrow/Dthrow to Fair, and that's hard to set up. This team would probably fall to a CF/Jiggs or CF/Marth team, or a Ganon/Ganon team pretty consistantly. Peach is also a good stock tank, and therefor probably better off with Gannon and CF.

I'd like to add Fox to the list of teammates that are good. Fox does all things well, and Mario gives him his space, and doesn't really have to worry about getting interrupted or accidently KOing Mario. Mario grab to Fox Usmash will be a primary killer in this matchup, along with plently of shine/capespikes.

Chissu

Smash Rookie
I play alot with a buddy that uses Link frequently. We both know each others moves, tactics and such.. So, yea. Link would be my favourite partner..

I use Mario btw.

DrRape

Smash Cadet
i would say sheik or fox just because they can team with anyone and do really good plus they deal alot of damageand sheik is also good for getting mario back on the stage if you use sheik right. Thats from experience by the way lol.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
I did not contradict myself when I said Mario still has a tough time getting KO's. He just still has a tough time getting Ko's off the screen. Mario's ability to juggle gives him an upperhand in battle. Try some pillar moves that may not work with just one Mario and you will see what I mean. Balanced character + balanced character does NOT = unbalanced character so it is far from his worst teammate.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i prefer doc over mario in teams because of his clearout moves are way better, but bowser, peach, marth, ganon, falcon, and pika are all decent partners for him since a lot of their combo's can link to kills

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
Mario and Luigi is awesome. So is Mario and Fox. However, i would have to say....Mario and Link. Bombs and Fireballs FTW.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I did not contradict myself when I said Mario still has a tough time getting KO's. He just still has a tough time getting Ko's off the screen. Mario's ability to juggle gives him an upperhand in battle. Try some pillar moves that may not work with just one Mario and you will see what I mean. Balanced character + balanced character does NOT = unbalanced character so it is far from his worst teammate.
This is a list of teammates that I would place above Mario for helping out Mario:

Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Ganon, CF, Doc, Roy, Bowser, DK, G&W, Icies, Jiggs, Kirby, Link, Luigi, Mew2, Ness, Pikachu, Pichu, Yoshi, Samus, YLink, and Zelda.

If you disagree with any of the above, I would be happy to debate them with you.

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
I thnk Mario and Zelda would be weird but fun to have on a team. Also if you start losing Zelda could just turn into sheik...

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
I prefer teaming with a Fox,Peach, or Ganon but I think Sheik would probably be the best since she counters mario so bad, they compliment each other. I've teamed with other marios and it was actually a lot better than I expected, its more of a toss-up team and depends on the styles of the players. But I dont have much mario team experience since i find it more beneficial to my teammate if I use Peach. I know that Mario and Kirby is bad though since me and Omni have tryed it and its horrid, wheras Kirby/Peach and Mario/Fox works very well.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser, pretty obviously, mario combos + any single one of bowsers moves = dead opponent duhhhh

me and silversh4d0w always have fun with this one haha

for serious though, its wicked fun

Zenith

Smash Ace
Sheik = good Partner
Peach = best partner

Peach & Mario together have good team balance and strategy.

Top Bottom