• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Alt. Costumes/Unique Color Swaps?

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is just random art, but it's on the official website, so...

White suit mario confirmed?

Last edited:

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
That's just the overlay for the newcomers on the main page.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Oooh. Okay, I see now. Yeah, that's nothing new. That was an alt color in Brawl, and also 64 and Melee I believe

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's Fire Mario alright. It makes sense for it to come back in Smash 4. Now that I think of it, we haven't seen many color swaps for the Smash 4 cast yet.

Oooh. Okay, I see now. Yeah, that's nothing new. That was an alt color in Brawl, and also 64 and Melee I believe
For some reason, Fire Mario wasn't a color swap in Smash 64 or Melee. Which was just weird.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Someone called me an idiot for this, but as an customizable moveset, alt costum or a whatever,... paper mario. I mean, Maybe, right?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Unofficial, but probably what's going to happen. V

Also Fire Mario was confirmed as a color on a Pic of the Day by Sakurai on Miiverse, along with Blue Kirby, Red Greninja and Black Bowser.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Unofficial, but probably what's going to happen. V
Nice Mario's. So going from top to bottom, left to right, we got...

1. New mario
  2. Retro Mario
  3. Weird Green Mario
  4. Wario Mario
  5. Fireflower Mario
  6. Bad@$$ Mario
I like it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Nice Mario's. So going from top to bottom, left to right, we got...

1. New mario
  2. Retro Mario
  3. Weird Green Mario
  4. Wario Mario
  5. Fireflower Mario
  6. Bad@$$ Mario
I like it.
More Like:
1. Current Mario
2. Inverse Mario
3. Puke Mario
4. Wamario
5. Fireballs, Yum.
6. Bad@$$ Mario (aka Red Star Mario from Galaxy 1)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, in the retro game's Mario's hat is still Red, but in SSBB and this picture it's Blue. :U

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A Dr. Mario ALT. Costume is likely too, but not really 100%.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
A Dr. Mario ALT. Costume is likely too, but not really 100%.
They should bring back all the forgotten five from Melee in some way.
Dr. Mario as a Mario alt
Pichu as a Pikachu alt
Young Link as a Link alt (debatable since Toon Link could very well be an updated Young Link and that's it)
Roy and Mewtwo return, reborn and de-cloned in the case of Roy (I see him as the missing link between Marth and Ike).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Roy and Mewtwo return
Although Roy has a little chance (if FE Series got Chrom and Roy that would be amazing), I really don't see Mewtwo returning unless either A) Mario gets a 6th Mushroom-Icon Rep or B) Sakurai just plain feels like it. Unless somehow Jigglypuff gets out, which seems PAINFULLY likely with all the Hate she's been getting, in favor of Mewtwo, it honestly doesn't make any sense.
Pokemon Trainer, despite popular opinion, still counts as 1 Rep (Blame the Stamina and Switch-On-Death mechanics), plus the fact that Switchable Characters aren't in, counts as Pokemon having 4 Reps in Brawl. Despite popular opinion AGAIN, Wario and Yoshi count as Reps of Different Series, being Wario Land/Ware and Yoshi's Island, respectively, so Mario also has 4 Reps, with the addition of Rosalina making it 5. We already have Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Newcomer Greninja, plus the 50-50 chance of Jigglypuff returning as a Perfect Attendee, making it 5-5 with Mario's Reps, 5-5-5 if you include the Zelda Series (with Ganondorf included), it only seems fair.
...And I just wrote a whole Paragraph about Mewtwo on a thread discussing Mario Costumes. What happened.
[I ALSO AGREE WITH PICHU AS AN ALT. COSTUME FOR PIKACHU]

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Although Roy has a little chance (if FE Series got Chrom and Roy that would be amazing), I really don't see Mewtwo returning unless either A) Mario gets a 6th Mushroom-Icon Rep or B) Sakurai just plain feels like it. Unless somehow Jigglypuff gets out, which seems PAINFULLY likely with all the Hate she's been getting, in favor of Mewtwo, it honestly doesn't make any sense.
Pokemon Trainer, despite popular opinion, still counts as 1 Rep (Blame the Stamina and Switch-On-Death mechanics), plus the fact that Switchable Characters aren't in, counts as Pokemon having 4 Reps in Brawl. Despite popular opinion AGAIN, Wario and Yoshi count as Reps of Different Series, being Wario Land/Ware and Yoshi's Island, respectively, so Mario also has 4 Reps, with the addition of Rosalina making it 5. We already have Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Newcomer Greninja, plus the 50-50 chance of Jigglypuff returning as a Perfect Attendee, making it 5-5 with Mario's Reps, 5-5-5 if you include the Zelda Series (with Ganondorf included), it only seems fair.
...And I just wrote a whole Paragraph about Mewtwo on a thread discussing Mario Costumes. What happened.
[I ALSO AGREE WITH PICHU AS AN ALT. COSTUME FOR PIKACHU]
It just won't feel like Smash Bros without Jigglypuff IMO.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what are the chances that Mario's Blue team gets swapped for Ice Mario? I don't think it'll happen. But it isn't impossible. Honestly, Mario's color swaps should be fine if they stick to what Brawl had. Maybe throw in one or two more new color swaps.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Flipped through palette swaps. The four (everyone only had four in the demo) were Red, Fire, Cotton Candy (identical to Wario's, it's in the invitational) and Yellow/Purple Wario.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Flipped through palette swaps. The four (everyone only had four in the demo) were Red, Fire, Cotton Candy (identical to Wario's, it's in the invitational) and Yellow/Purple Wario.
TELL US MORE.
WHAT OTHER COLORS WERE THERE.
TELL US.

Last edited:

McMilla1228

Smash Cadet
To be honest, instead of the Doc for an alt, I would want Striker Mario. That Mario has seen some ****.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In honor of Today's Pic of the Day:

I thought to myself;
"Hey. What would happen if Mario got Alt. Costumes/Unique Color Swaps that AREN'T Doctor Mario?"
So that's why I'm here today, to discuss what Alt. Costumes/Unique Color Swaps Mario could use aside from good ol' Doc. Let's Begin.
UNIQUE COLOR SWAPS:
8-BIT MARIO
Now waitwaitwait WAIT. I might know what you're possibly thinking.
"BUT SMASHRIVER64! THAT'S A DIFFERENT MODEL! GET OUT OF HERE YOU BUTT!"
Hold your horses. What I mean by 8-Bit Mario is basically like Luigi's SSB64/SSBM 8-Bit Costume, change EVERY SINGLE COLOR (including hair/eyebrows/mustache this time around) but with a few changes:
1) Keep the white eyes intact, but change the pupil color to brown.
2) Keep the M on his hat, but turn the white circle around it into a very feint Red. Like this, sorta.
3) As every costume, keep the Model, size, ect. the same.
...And that's all I really got.
ALT. COSTUMES:
1) DELFINO MARIO
Since the first one is pretty much self-explanitory, here:

Only thing is that he keeps the F.L.U.D.D. on at all times with this costume, like how he wears it for a little bit in SSBB, but with this costume it's always on.
2) CLOUD MARIO

Because no matter what anyone says against it, the fans want Mario to have some sort of Mario representation wether you like it or not.
A fun thing with this costume would maybe play like SSF2's Chibi-Robo, and have three clouds follow him around as a little background cosmetic touch.
3) CAT MARIO

...Meow.
Discuss now. I want a conversation to have. I'm lonely.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Doctor Mario will probably be the alt costume, not only because it's a nice nod to Melee, but it differes enough from normal Mario, design wise, for it to be an alt costume.

IronMario31

Smash Rookie
Doctor Mario would be a welcome addition to the character costumes. I agree with Red-Star Mario. Its a color palate I've wanted for a long while. On the demo they had that cool Ice Cream blue and pink color which was similar to Ice Mario on NSMB series.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
-Dr. Mario (The only real alt I can see)
-Shadow Mario
-Red Star Mario
(Fire Mario was already confirmed, and Metal Mario is already in it if Metal Boxes return.)

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Cosmic/Mario Clone. I thought those levels in Galaxy 2 were awesome.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario would be a great alternate costume, I'm hoping it comes back. Pretty likely actually seeing the alts we've gotten so far. I absolutely love Red Star Mario, that costume is great and I hope it's in. Not sure about Metal Mario because of the metal box item.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I want to see one based on his sprite from SMB3, red shoes and black overalls. With the Tanooki Leaf in the game, it would be too perfect.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, that sounds great actually! SMB3 was my favorite of the classic Mario games.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Unique colored Mario confirmed, in the most unexpected way.

fill

20EggsEggs
cotton candy mario, america mario, marios swaps are looking really good, now lets just get that doc costume

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
He's not lying though. It's a reference to an old golf game on the NES.

Top Bottom