• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario vs Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veng

Smash Ace
Omg already, theres threads in the Mario and Luigi boards asking for which is better, HELLO what do you think they are going to say.

So I am posting one here.

As far as I can tell:

Luigi has Side B for recovery, but his Up b is worst then marios.
Luigi is "Supposedly" faster then mario in the air and on the ground
Mario has a cape luigi doesnt
Luigi tornado > Fludd ( fact )
Mario fireballs >luigi fireballs

Continue to discuss please!

itman1234

Smash Rookie
Well, I wouldn 't say one is better, but I personally think that Luigi has more of an advantage in Brawl. He is fast in the air, and has great aerial game. His ground attacks are kind of bad though. Also, his side B recovery is pretty good, since its not easily prevented.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
mario i think is better. but luigis recovery kills mario. mario cant cape recovery and he has fludd so just up b. luigi has side b and up b and rising down b.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Luigi is better IMO. I tried playing as Mario several times but he simply isn't that great in the air. Bair is relatively good and fair as an edgeguard but Luigi can almost WoP enemies with his fair. Also are his uair and dair much better than Mario's, I think.
The groundgame is pretty much balanced. Maybe Mario has some advantages concerning the B attacks but I deem them vastly less important than the standard attacks.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
In my opinion...

Luigi's side-b recovery is amazing and more than makes up for the lack of horizontal recovery his up-b gives him.

On the top of up-b, if you can land Luigi's fiery uppercut, it's gonna KO at pretty low percents.

Luigi's fireballs in my opinion are better than Mario's simply because they travel straight across and come out quickly.

Luigi's smash attacks are like lightning, his down and side smashes especially.

Luigi's air game is AMAZING especially because he's floaty anyway and Brawl makes him even floatier.

And if you wanna get on the topic of Final Smashes, Mario's is easily dodged by being behind him or far enough that you can jump over it. Luigi's on the other hand, if done in the center of the stage or while right next to a foe can be devistating when coupled with his fiery uppercut.

And Luigi wins when it comes to taunts and win poses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom