• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario vs Kirby Tips?

Phresh

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new and i play the console i was just wondering if you could give me some tips on approaching and comboing a decent kirby.

Any help would be appreciated

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Stay above? What are you talking about? U-Tilt says hello. Maybe stay above him if he's in the air a lot.

Stay the hell away from him, don't underestimate N-Air, D-Tilt, B-Air or D-Air's range, and throw like one billion fireballs to force him to approach.

Edgeguard with either N-Air or D-Air depending on the situation, if he's above you it's really dangerous.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
fire balls and distance will give you an edge, I also agree with cheeball, don't be above kirby, try to be higher then him, but don't jump around, or over him. When you land a fire ball, or you have 2 out and about, try to approach and either force him to avoid the fireballs, or have him stunned out. Kirby really does have fast attacks that act like a shield against mario, but with some stun time, they combo just the same.

Down B means nothing to a good kirby, but a surprise Up B is a good counter to an agressive kirby.

Fireball while your driffing back to stage so that fireballs guard the edge.

And F-air and U-air are really good at stopping kirby from getting close to you in the air, just don't use it too soon. Same for Up-slam head butts.

Being careful is the key.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Don't try to hard to get that combo, especially the dair portion of it because you're gonna get utilted

Uair chains are pretty effective in general though

Phresh

Smash Rookie
haha thanks guys il try to emulate red mario. I feel that mario is a bit floaty so when i approach with D air i get uptilted then weak B aired to another move which gets me to like 80 %

And do you guys have any tips for getting back on the ledge?
Kirby is a pretty decent edgeguarder

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Again, throw fireballs...

...at the ledge. Mario has one of the three best recoveries in the game and if you learn how to use fireballs, do the rising down+b and save the 2nd jump for the last moment if possible

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
if you want to beat kirbys, use Usmash and Uairs

if you want to recover, use Down B first (unless you are close to the edge)...then use your jumps and fireballs and what ever you think will connect, to throw him off your recovery.

L1ON

Smash Apprentice
L1ON is tired... L1ON has been busy... L1ON has felt better...

L1ON misses smash 64....

L1ON got a warming for minor spam on that post... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

L1ON is... ENRAGEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Top Bottom