• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Tennis Aces confirms it, Chain Chomp will be playable in Smash 5

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Chain chomp, the black metal dog thing. He has never been playable, yet at least. In the 8-3-18 Nintendo direct, they revealed him as a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces. This obviously shows that Nintendo is trying to push Chain Chomp more, definently enough to make him be in the next Smash game.

J O K E S O V E R

Chain Chomp will never make it into Smash, probably at least not until 2068. I still thought of a moveset for him, cause I have nothing better to do. Remember, this is a joke thread.

jab: a quick bite, followed by hitting their opponent with his head, then finishes it with a small lounge.

side tilt: spins due to dissy-ness, this is a reference to whatever that Mario Party minigame was called.

down tilt: plant a steak in the ground so he come become a chained chomp for no time at all!

up tilt: barrel chunks fly in two different directions for two seconds

side smash: obviously his signature loun... flame chomps explosion!

down smash: a short hop

up smash: he uses his racket that appears in Aces

mid air: like most character, he just spins

forward air: he shakes off paint that was on him in that Mario Party 8 minigame

down air: he goes downward for a bit, then come back at. This would be a reference to Chain Chomp's falling animation in Mario Maker, when he had no chain of course.

up air: flame chomps fire forms together for a quick attack where they stay above him for about a second, the fire damages them

back air: a bomb omb explosion, a reference to the bomb clip that can be used to make getting Chain Chomps star easier in Mario 64

neutral special: he shots a tennis ball out of his mounth, cause Mario Tennis Aces

side special: zone speed, basically letting him go faster for a bit. This move has to be recharged after use

down special: a bullet bill blaster come from under him and shots a bullet bill, this is a reference to Bowser Jr's. stage in Mario Super Sluggers where Chain Chomps and bullet bills where the stage hasards

up special: he grows wings temporarily so he can get more distance via track, this is a reference to Mario Maker.

final smash (aka infernal climax): he uses what ever his special shot will be in Mario Tennis Aces.

You could count this as a support thread, but honestly there is no purpose supporting the impossible. At least, for a while that is for this case.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I support! I love supporting characters that will probably never get in. No offense. I just feel like it's good to show some characters like Jill Valentine (Resident Evil), Fawful (Mario & Luigi), Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight), etc some love.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if there's a 99.999999 percent chance that he won't be in Smash, I support. Would be the best possible oddball pick. Next time there's a ballot we better all vote for him.

Xigger

Smash Lord
In an alternate timeline, Super Smash Bros. is a Mario-only franchise, and Chain Chomp has been playable since Brawl. I support this alternate timeline

Top Bottom