• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario on the next Tier List

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
How do you guys think Mario will be placed on the next Tier List and why. I think he'll definitely be higher due to the new techs we've found with him since the first Tier List. Top of Low Tier, bottom of mid teir, perhaps?

This is kinda' just a random discussion thread, but... oh well.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Too early to say but I still think there's a good chance he'll make it into mid the way things are going. Hopefully Mario will at least reclaim his stereotypical placement of mid mid.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'd say he's movin' on up. To the east siiiide... As of right now, I'm still surprised he's as low as he is. Quite a few people have trouble with Mario, and like you said, much has been discovered since the last tier list. I don't know exactly how he's doing tournament wise, but he can't be placing that badly with people like Boss, Monk, BO X7, and Matador around.

If he doesn't make at least middle next time around, I call HAX by the SBR.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The SBR's been saying that Mario's been ****** the Low tier pretty badly, so that's pretty much a clear indication to me that he'll at least push up to the stereotypical mid tier.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Where he should be. Middle of the mid tier. Not because that's the stereotype, but because that's how good he is.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I'd say he should be like right below Luigi. He's a balanced character. Not to mention his red.
Your opinion but still anything higher than where he is right now is good; lol, not going to have a Luigi vs Mario debate right now.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
The SBR's been saying that Mario's been ****** the Low tier pretty badly, so that's pretty much a clear indication to me that he'll at least push up to the stereotypical mid tier.
Yeah, I'll believe that. Mario's got a slight advantage over Ness, I think, for one. I have an easier time against mah fellow Ness Boarders when I use him rather than trying to ditto or use Lucas. Also, heavy characters are pretty easy for me with Mario, especially DK. DK rawks my Ness/Lucas so hard it's not even funny, but with Mario I usually stand a much better chance.

Basically, he's got too many advantages and good qualities for where he is. I guess he must just have some absolutely horrendous match-ups that I don't know about.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Aren't the Luigi mains trying to push him to bottom of high tier?
Him? assuming Mario? Dunno lol. I still prefer middle of middle tier anyways. Luigi's won't get higher anyways :/ Although some say maybe one day he'll be bottom of high tier ~.~

edit: actually if your saying luigi mains are trying to push luigi himself (i think misunderstood idk, its 1am here lol), to bottom high tier, then yes. But not much tourney lovin' cept for our good man "Boss is too good " lol.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Basically, he's got too many advantages and good qualities for where he is. I guess he must just have some absolutely horrendous match-ups that I don't know about.
DDD and MK are his worst match-ups, about 70:30/65:35. Mario has disadvantages against Marth, G&W, and Olimar but they aren't nearly as bad; about 60:40, and at worst 65:35. Most of Mario's match-ups are about neutral to advantageous.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Him? assuming Mario? Dunno lol. I still prefer middle of middle tier anyways. Luigi's won't get higher anyways :/ Although some say maybe one day he'll be bottom of high tier ~.~

edit: actually if your saying luigi mains are trying to push luigi himself (i think misunderstood idk, its 1am here lol), to bottom high tier, then yes. But not much tourney lovin' cept for our good man "Boss is too good " lol.
Lol yeah, I was talking about Luigi in that case.

Mario being in middle of mid tier is very sound, but something tells me that's not going to happen with the current tournament results.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Still Mario should be somewhere in the middle tier. Notice how, all the Mushroom kingdom characters are mostly in middle and maybe 1 in high tier, and Mario being lowest one =[.

And how about that Bowser in the middle tier waay above Mario huh? :/.

And who was the wise guy from the SBR that made Mario low tier hmm? >.>

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Same wise guy who put Ness there.
Why I otta wack him for that. POW right in the kisser.

Mario should have been high in 64, he was soooooooooo Awesome. Meh. Yah I think Mario could reach mid, maybe even high mid. (if they banned D3 infinite)

Weegee bottom of high? Possible.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I think the highest Mario will ever be placed is the middle of mid tier (At the most, probably low mid though)

He doesnt excel in anything. It just so happens, his greatest pro is his most detrimental con unfortunatly.

Mario can be a force to reckoned with now, dont get me wrong. Wise usage of fireballs, cape/Fludd. Dair,Uair,Bair, Upb when necassary, Stutter Fsmash, ect ect. Alot of Mario mains are bringing out some nice potential with Mr. Nintendo. Versing an opponet as skilled as you are or better will bring Mario's situation to light on you though.

One thing I will say though. Play Mario as gay as possible. :laugh:

Top Bottom