• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Judging from past re-imagining of certain moves from Nintendo characters (IE Brawl Link's Boomerang, Mario's FLUDD, Falco's shine shield, etc.) I get the feeling that something with Luma from the Galaxy series is going to make it's way into Mario's Smash 4 moveset... Also, BRING THE DOC FIST BACK!
how about this?
I was playing New Super Mario Bros Wii and I saw the spin jump that you do by shaking the wii remote.
It's the mario tornado, but faster and it's actually a jump.
So...with some thought, that could be the "new" move implemented to marios moveset implemented from the wii.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for ever attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Mario's.

Weak Attacks

1-2-3: Left Jab, Right Cross, Toe Kick

Strong Attacks

Upward: Uppercut
Forward: Plumber Kick
Downward: Leg Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Lead Headbutt
Forward: Fire Glove
Downward: Breakdance Sweep

Dash Attack: Slide

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Plumber's Boot
Front: Plunger
Back: Drop Kick
Up: Bicycle Kick
Down: Drill Kick

Special Attacks

Standard B: Fireball
Foward B: Cape
Upward B: Super Jump Punch
Downward B: Mario Tornado

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Clutch Headbutt
Front: Heave-Ho
Back: Airplane Swing
Up: Mario Launch
Down: Down the Drain

Just wanted to add something.

Also, I agree with Young Horsetail. Red Mshould be more Liveliy and have a better voice direction.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Not important, but I remember that Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for ever attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Mario's.

Weak Attacks

1-2-3: Left Jab, Right Cross, Toe Kick

Strong Attacks

Upward: Uppercut
Forward: Plumber Kick
Downward: Leg Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Lead Headbutt
Forward: Fire Glove
Downward: Breakdance Sweep

Dash Attack: Slide

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Plumber's Boot
Front: Plunger
Back: Drop Kick
Up: Bicycle Kick
Down: Drill Kick

Special Attacks

Standard B: Fireball
Foward B: Cape
Upward B: Super Jump Punch
Downward B: Mario Tornado

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Clutch Headbutt
Front: Heave-Ho
Back: Airplane Swing
Up: Mario Launch
Down: Down the Drain
Lol. Makes me wish I was subscribed to them back in the day.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I'm going to say it. I think Brawl had the worst version of Mario I have ever seen.

The way Red M acts, the way he fells, the way he sounds... i-it's not Mario at all!

His "Let's-a go" Was weak and insulting. It should sound like something like from Mario Party 6. Like "LET'S-A GO!"

Also, Green L has become a major wimp. Yes, he was a coward before, but he still had a spine, and SSBB removed it completely! UGH! Listen to how he sounds.

(sigh) I cringe everytime I hear those voices at fanworks. Why do people still use those voices?

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I must agree with you Mario just wasn't Mario he's so mad but he seemed that ever since melee to me but atleast in melee had more expressions.

As for Luigi he looked like a serial killer

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
final smash

marios final smash was good but it good be even better

My idea is that a hungry luma appears and mario throws star bits at it while he expands to a huge mass and then explodes

[star bits to minor damage,luma instant kills, and the explosion does has knock back]

POST YOUR IDEAS!

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
You seemed to have done a pretty good job yourself. Also Mario's final smash is absolutely garbage to me its easily Di'd out of and you can simply jump away from it @ Mr.brawl. that's a good idea if they our it in ssb4 I won't mind

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
You seemed to have done a pretty good job yourself. Also Mario's final smash is absolutely garbage to me its easily Di'd out of and you can simply jump away from it @ Mr.brawl. that's a good idea if they our it in ssb4 I won't mind
thanks well i want a more recent mario finale smash and galaxy is such a good game this idea could work

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I think Mario's Up-B could be his Propeller Mushroom from NSMBWii, and if he fastfalls he'll do the drill and knock anyone anyway. Though maybe this sounds a bit easily edgehogged. :p

I'd love for Mario to have more range and some more KO power.

FLUDD is too situational, they need to improve it or replace it with something else.
Also I'd love it if he somehow had Ice Balls implemented in his moveset.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
I think Mario's Up-B could be his Propeller Mushroom from NSMBWii, and if he fastfalls he'll do the drill and knock anyone anyway. Though maybe this sounds a bit easily edgehogged. :p

I'd love for Mario to have more range and some more KO power.

FLUDD is too situational, they need to improve it or replace it with something else.
Also I'd love it if he somehow had Ice Balls implemented in his moveset.
i like the up b idea but i would have that as luigis up b and i think that mario can have luma spin

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
i think fludd should charge faster work with hover nozzle and can do little damage when he pushes you away

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, the new ones are Ice Mario, Luigi's cloths and the black is when he grabs a Red Star right?
The green recolor does have Mario wearing a darker green shirt and hat, so it's not entirely identical to Luigi's wardrobe. The black recolor is Flying Mario, but it would've also referenced Super Mario Bros. 3, if the hat wasn't colored black.

what about waluigi
A Waluigi reference is more suited for Luigi.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
i think he should drop the fludd and have something a little more relavant to Mario Galaxy or something
Agreed. Though I have seen some interesting and very good uses for flood I'd love for something Galaxy esc to be included instead. Maybe launching himself like Pikachu's skull bash, only it would be Mario launching out of that star that launched him everywhere. But then that's like Luigi isnt it? Maybe it could have some type of property that's unique to it.

I feel like there could be something a little more creative though.

:phone:

I think Mario can due without the new crap and gimmicks. I believe they should just emphasizing on making him a solid fighter with moves that coorelate to his iconic moves.

-Make his Down B his tornado, but let him retain his aerial DI from Brawl as well as his recovery ability from Melee
-Make his Fair a spike
-make his down tilt useful
-give the last hit his Dair a larger hitbox
-Give him a dependable kill move

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
I doubt we'll ever have true spikes again

Doc Fair > Mario's spike if it's going to be weak as balls again imo.

And even then, since it won't be a true spike, Doc's fair is still probably better.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mario needs to have every movement option. Just not the best. He should be able to glide with his cape, crawl, and even wall cling. Although, I think he should slide down the wall for his wall cling.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Mario's next set of recolors, made by myself...

[collapse=Recolors]
[/collapse]
Wow... how obvious. Does every pallet have to reference something?

Mario needs to have every movement option. Just not the best. He should be able to glide with his cape, crawl, and even wall cling. Although, I think he should slide down the wall for his wall cling.
That sounds hard to execute.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I would love for Mario to be able to glide with his cape. But maybe a little differently controlling like super mario world. Let him dive bomb the ground as well! Everyone touching the ground gets stunned! Man I want that so bad!

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Instead of just a bunch of re-colours, how about different costumes? 3 different costumes for each character could work decently well.

-Doctor Mario
-Shadow Mario
-Classic Mario (red hat with blue shirt and red overalls)

I would be happier to play a different costume than a new colour.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Instead of just a bunch of re-colours, how about different costumes? 3 different costumes for each character could work decently well.

-Doctor Mario
-Shadow Mario
-Classic Mario (red hat with blue shirt and red overalls)

I would be happier to play a different costume than a new colour.
Doctor mario shooting fire-balls is stupid!
Shadow mario is piantissimo the second right now.
Colour swap is fine for this guy.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i dont think every character should get three costumes but maybe just two being their originals and whatever alternate costume there is. and who cares if Dr. Mario shoots a fireball, it would just be a costume change after all.

D

Deleted member

Quite a lot of people care, actually. -_-
Even Sakurai himself.

As I said repeatedly, the reason why people liked playing as Dr. Mario was not so they can play as "LOL MARIO IN LAB COAT DURR". It was because of his playstyle and different feel from Mario, something a simple costume would not provide.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i just dont think Dr. Mario really warrants a character slot this time around. and his moves really were the same thing just redesigned to fit the character. instead of a fireball he threw a pill, instead of the super cape it was called the Super Sheet. and when it came to his non special moves most of which Mario is still able to do just with different amounts of force and speed of attack. differences are there but more similarities than differences. plus its still mario

D

Deleted member

No one is arguing he "warrants" a character slot (to which who can really decide that? Sakurai was going to include Dr. Mario again over a new Mario character, so...)

However, all arguments applying to Dr. Mario being "the same with little differences" also applies to Falco, other than Falco not being the same exact character as Fox (even though with Miyamoto's statements regarding Dr. Mario....it's almost as if the series takes place in some alternate universe...)
Falco hardly had any differences from Falco in the long run in move properties, even less than Dr. Mario ironically enough.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
im just one of those who would like it if every character got an alternate costume and Dr. Mario would be the best option for Mario imo. thats really all i have to say on the matter

jigglover

Smash Lord
Best compromise ever and awesome idea; Mario transforms into doctor mario for his final smash. He'll turn into doctor mario, and each of the opponents freeze in their place, including any allies, and you'll run at them as doctor mario and click A to hurt the opponent in a random way with a random bacteria. if you click B, then you can actually help an ally in a random way, be it mega mushrooming it or making him metal.

Top Bottom