• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Golf: World Tour DLC & Demo - Over 100 New Holes

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS) is the next installment of the popular Mario Golf series releasing on May 2nd. Nintendo has announced DLC for it and brought a Demo to the eShop to tide the masses over before release! This DLC includes over 100 new golf holes and additional golfers available through a Season Pass for only $15! These additions will be released in separate packs as well for those who want any content separately.

Mushroom Pack: Toadette from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Nintendo GameCube) and 2 18-hole courses (Release date: May 2)

The first of two eighteen hole courses will consist of Toad Highlands from Mario Golf (Nintendo 64) now graphically updated with Toad-Shaped Hedges. The second course is Koopa Park from Mario Golf now updated to contain Koopa-Troopa shaped balloons!

Flower Pack: Nabbit from New Super Luigi U (Wii U) and 2 18-hole courses (Release date: Late May)

The first of the two eighteen hole courses will consist of Shy Guy Desert from Mario Golf updated with the look of Layer-Cake Desert, the second world New Super Mario Bros. U. The second course will have Yoshi's Island from Mario Golf with the updated look of Sparkling Waters, the third world of New Super Mario Bros. U.

Star Pack: Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii) and 2 18-hole courses (Release date: June)

The first of the Two courses is Boo Valley from Mario Golf with the updated look of Rock-Candy Mines, the sixth world New Super Mario Bros. U. The second course is a space course with a Super Mario Galaxy environment, with the game play of the course based off of Mario's Star from Mario Golf.

Each add-on will be sold for $5.99 and the season pass gives you a 20 percent discount over all. Players will have the opportunity to try out the courses before buying with the Trial Tournaments feature. Further information for how Trial Tournaments will work is not available yet.

The last DLC character in all his glory. No, it's not Metal Mario.
Customers who buy the season pass will receive a bonus at the time of purchase: Gold Mario as an additional playable character. Every time the player swings with Golden Mario, golden coins will fly out of the ball! Don't plan on buying it? Nintendo has you covered - Nintendo will release Gold Mario to everyone else once all three add-ons are made available.

A demo is now available in the eShop, which can be used up to 15 times. The demo allows the player to play as Mario, Peach, Yoshi, or Bowser with three-hole rounds available on Seaside Course, Wiggler Park, and Yoshi Lake. Players are also able to try out "Star Coin Collector", where the player collects coins while achieving par, or "Ring Master", where the player has to shoot through all the rings and complete the holes on par. The demo also includes a tutorial to get the player acquainted with the mechanics of Mario Golf: World Tour.

More details can be found here.

Come and enjoy some Mario Golf: World Tour on the 3DS starting May 2nd!
Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He's a friendly guy too. He can be reached on Twitter, @Thirdkoopa

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Guess Smash isn't the only place to hit the Links.

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
This is exactly what I go on Smashboards for, Mario Golf: World Tour articles. Thanks Obama.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
This is exactly what I go on Smashboards for, Mario Golf: World Tour articles. Thanks Obama.
I always wonder why people do that with any President. Any little trifle, people blame the president yet not understanding the judicial system, and legislative system of their respective countries. Though I understand the joke and am in no way trying to pop off on you, I just hate those type of comments.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Kinda odd seeing this on Smashboards. I could only assume this might be some kinda hint as to Nintendo making DLC for Smash.

If I'm correct though, Sakurai said earlier he wouldn't add DLC. I have no source, so I can't prove he said this. :mad088:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Before everyone just starts thinking, "Why is there an article about a another nintendo game other than smashboards here?", I'd like to remind this and other future articles similar to this are and will be marked as uncategorized.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Oh now they include Rosalina, where was she in Mario Tennis Open instead of all those stupid Yoshis and you guys wonder why ich hast Yoshi.

Who is that, Ravio?

Wth is Ravio doing in Mario Golf?

Oh and look its Mario with Goldbond on.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If I'm correct though, Sakurai said earlier he wouldn't add DLC. I have no source, so I can't prove he said this. :mad088:
Sakurai said that it wasn't his top priority, not that he wouldn't add it. He seems to be the person that likes to deliver a finished product. He never said it was out of the question though. I feel that adding stages, music, costumes maybe more options and other content would be nice. If you had to pay for the content it wouldn't be a big deal but I'm curious. I'm sure Sakurai will be involved in patches for Smash 4 and possibly content based on the reaction from the community.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Kinda odd seeing this on Smashboards. I could only assume this might be some kinda hint as to Nintendo making DLC for Smash.

He said there were no plans, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility. He then praised the concept of DLC in general, giving a particular shoutout to the DLC for Fallout 3.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
He said there were no plans, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility. He then praised the concept of DLC in general, giving a particular shoutout to the DLC for Fallout 3.
So, would this means more characters, stages, music, and other things can be put in? The DLC would most likely have to be free if it is to be used in competitive play.

Sakurai said that it wasn't his top priority, not that he wouldn't add it. He seems to be the person that likes to deliver a finished product. He never said it was out of the question though. I feel that adding stages, music, costumes maybe more options and other content would be nice. If you had to pay for the content it wouldn't be a big deal but I'm curious. I'm sure Sakurai will be involved in patches for Smash 4 and possibly content based on the reaction from the community.
Seemingly, these two posts have answered my question heavily. I wonder if DLC will even come out in general.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anyone surprised they didn't give Rosalina a sports dress like they did to Peach and Daisy?

Surprised that Nabbit and Toadette are joining the roster. However, why Gold Mario? I'd rather have another character that isn't Mario of any way like Petey instead

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Anyone surprised they didn't give Rosalina a sports dress like they did to Peach and Daisy?
That would be.. *ahem* cool..

Surprised that Nabbit and Toadette are joining the roster. However, why Gold Mario? I'd rather have another character that isn't Mario of any way like Petey instead
Idk maybe they're gonna try and push Nabbit as a character. Kinda like Rosalina, except worse bc he hasn't played an actual important role in a game yet.

And Gold Mario because they hope a reskin of Mario will sell the DLC.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Why Gold Mario you ask, because he uses Goldbond. :yeahboi:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Idk maybe they're gonna try and push Nabbit as a character. Kinda like Rosalina, except worse bc he hasn't played an actual important role in a game yet.
This is a silly thing to say. The only thing Rosalina has *done* in the Mario series per se is tell a story out of a storybook - while she is clearly a Galaxy character, she hasn't really done an awful lot. Outside of that they've had equal billing - Rosalina has been playable in one game, and Nabbit has been playable in one game.

andimidna

Smash Master
This is a silly thing to say. The only thing Rosalina has *done* in the Mario series per se is tell a story out of a storybook - while she is clearly a Galaxy character, she hasn't really done an awful lot. Outside of that they've had equal billing - Rosalina has been playable in one game, and Nabbit has been playable in one game.
No offense, but it sounds like you've missed a few of the new Mario games...

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
No offense, but it sounds like you've missed a few of the new Mario games...
I mean I'm simplifying slightly, but not even that much really.

http://www.mariowiki.com/rosalina

She's a character that has SOME story background from the Galaxy series, but not even that much. She's just there, and only in the first Galaxy game. She doesn't even show up in the second Galaxy game until you've beaten it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the character. But there's very little that makes her a major Mario character - she's been in three canon games, once as a cameo, and and once as essentially a tack-on unlockable character. She could have easily been replaced with a Queen Luma or something to that ilk and nothing about the Galaxy series would have changed.

But this is really not important so I think I'm done here.

andimidna

Smash Master
I mean I'm simplifying slightly, but not even that much really.

http://www.mariowiki.com/rosalina

She's a character that has SOME story background from the Galaxy series, but not even that much. She's just there, and only in the first Galaxy game. She doesn't even show up in the second Galaxy game until you've beaten it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the character. But there's very little that makes her a major Mario character - she's been in three canon games, once as a cameo, and and once as essentially a tack-on unlockable character. She could have easily been replaced with a Queen Luma or something to that ilk and nothing about the Galaxy series would have changed.

But this is really not important so I think I'm done here.
I don't want to get in to this argument, but in Galaxy 2 she sent letters to Mario and the Baby Luma throughout the game, served as a super guide on levels Mario continually failed, and was in both endings. Galaxy games have 2 endings, not just 1.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think the point is both characters currently have a single playable role in a main Mario platformer title to their name.

Either way, it's nice to see Nabbit join the ranks in Sports games. I'm not a huge fan of him, but if it means we avoid having six Yoshi recolours like in Mario tennis all the better. Also great to see Rosalina in rather than Luma and Toad finally being able to rejoin a Camelot Game's roster.

Now if we could just avoid the Metallic Marios...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Smash is a Nintendo IP, therefor, news writers (such as myself) are allowed to discuss and bring to light other Nintendo products. What, did you think we were limited to only smash? :lol:

Also as for Nabbit, if he is the same entity as Bowser Jr (which isn't an impossible fan theory, but it is partially crazy), he's even more important than Rosalina. Just my two cents.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
It's not silly at all to say that at all. Do you know what you're talking about? She had a role in the game's story (whatever story Mario has) and has been playable in several games MK, Smash, etc. Only one if you're counting Mario games alone. I don't know why you contest this because she has played a role in the galaxy games, and Nintendo has been trying to push her out there into games. End of story. I'm just saying that Nabbit is new, isn't popular and Nintendo may be trying something similar.
I think the point is both characters currently have a single playable role in a main Mario platformer title to their name.
If that's the case with what "The Derrit" is saying, then he wasn't paying attention to my post at all.

Last edited:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
If that's the case with what "The Derrit" is saying, then he wasn't paying attention to my post at all.
the irony being that is exactly what i was saying, so clearly you weren't paying attention to my post at all. Nabbit being 'unpopular' is different than isn't popular. That is where I took issue with your statement.

But honestly who cares. How did this turn into a multiple post argument about something so inconsequential.

Unsubscribe.

Top Bottom