• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario gliding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
Mario can use his cape to glide like in Mario World.

His glide attack can be the dive bomb.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Interesting...

What about Flying Squirrel, Raccoon, Propeller or Bee forms as well, though?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Could be interesting for a new recovery, but IIRC the Super Jump Punch has already been shown.

Doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen just like that though. Perhaps Mario could have a gliding ability like Meta Knight, Pit, and Charizard? Maybe. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Could be interesting for a new recovery, but IIRC the Super Jump Punch has already been shown.

Doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen just like that though. Perhaps Mario could have a gliding ability like Meta Knight, Pit, and Charizard? Maybe. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea.

The only problem I see is that, when you think about it, most characters CAN glide.

-Mario (& Luigi)
-Princess Peach
-Link (using Sailcloth)
-Toon Link (using Deku Leaf)
-Pit
-R.O.B. (using his Robo-Burners)
-Ice Climbers (w/ condor)
-Olimar (Flying Pikmin)
-Kirby (and Dedede)
-Meta Knight
-Charizard
-Ivysaur (using the leaves, he'd probably be able to maneuver in air)
-Diddy Kong
-Snake
-Mr. Game & Watch

So why is it only the 3?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It would be a nice nod to Super Mario World, while also helping his recovery from the loss of the Mario Tornado.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I had always wondered why Mario didn't get a glide in Brawl. They could've made it so that when you use Side B in the air and hold the B button down, you'll go into a glide with it..

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Personally, I think gliding should be limited to characters with wings.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Mario get any kind of gliding powers added in Smash 4, they can still use the cape from Mario world. Maybe he can even do the Dive Bomb attack too, by pressing B while gliding. That would be awesome to see if you ask me. Though the Wing Cap from Mario 64 could work too.

EDIT: I didn't read the op at first, but yeah, I agree.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As a glide... Hmm, that would be interesting. Also, Welcome to the boards!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Has no one thought of the gliding cap yet? Wings just pop out of the hat and he's off.
It would be best if it was an item like the N64 Metal Box. It could have the flying theme once you break open the box as well.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'd rather leave it the way it is to be honest. In actuality, almost every character in Smash has had the ability to glide in their respective games. That would make for too many characters that can glide and the feature would no longer be unique to characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well Meta-Knight no longer has a glide apparently. Which is a little strange. Does anyone know if the feature is getting completely removed? I thought at least Pit and Charizard would get it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well Meta-Knight no longer has a glide apparently. Which is a little strange. Does anyone know if the feature is getting completely removed? I thought at least Pit and Charizard would get it.
Nope, they confirmed that gliding was removed. Things like multi-jumps (Kirby) and hovering (Peach) are in, but gliding is gone.

Which is good. Because, as in Super Mario World, you could glide indefinitely and utterly break the game in Brawl.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nope, they confirmed that gliding was removed. Things like multi-jumps (Kirby) and hovering (Peach) are in, but gliding is gone.

Which is good. Because, as in Super Mario World, you could glide indefinitely and utterly break the game in Brawl.
Oh, okay then. I figured at least one character would be able to still glide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom