• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario B> Cape Possiblitys

Zayden

Smash Cadet
Ok i made this thread to show some examples of marios cape move, witch isnt normally used by rookies. First off, if someone throws an item at you, use ur trusty cape :)

-Dr.Mario: When dr mario luanches capsules at you, use your cape to reflect them, also, when he uses his B^ attack, usr cape to get a good KO.

-Mario: Same thing as docter mario

-Luigi: When luigi uses his B> recovery move and your on the edge, if your close enough, use your cape to send him flying the other way :) other then that, same as mario.

-Bowser: When bowser uses his charge and headbutt, use cape to make him flinch for a second, also when bowser ses his spin-shell (Going sideways or diagonly) use your cape to send him flying the other way, when bowser uses his fire breath, though, you can try to cape, but its not the most effective.

-peach: Peach users tend to abuse her B-Down attack (Pull a turnip up) when she throws it at you, use your cape to deflect it back (it works on any other item she'll pull out

-yoshi: When yoshi uses his egg roll attack (I think smash B) use ur cape when hes about to touch you - Use your CAPE! do this repedaitly, becuase it gives lots of free damage AND protects you from lots of damage yourself

-DK: Cape his recovery move to make him spin the oppisite direction, and when he charges and punch, use your cape to deflect the punch backwards.

-C.Falcon: When falcon uses falcon kick, deflect to make him go the oppisite direction, use this on caption punch to for some free hard-hitting hits :) and also when falcon uses his Smash B its also possible to deflect

-Ganondorf: Basicly the same as C.Falcon

-Falco & Fox: You cant deflect there laset gunshots that effectivly, but my favorite is, if you knock him off the edge and they use there Smash B use the cape to make them dash the other way :D

Ness: You can Deflect PK-Lighting PK-fire very effectivly

Ice Climbers: Use the cape on one of the ice climbers to either make them use there recovery move the oppisite drection, or fail to use it at all (Depends who you cape)

Kirby: When kirby trys to suck you in, you can use the cape to turn kirby the other way and use some attacks, also kirbys B^ attack can be deflected most effiectly.

Samus: Use cape to deflect her blast and you could also deflect her missles and possibly her bombs

Zelda/sheik: Deflect zeldas SMash B move, depending on the situation, it may hit her, it may not, with shiek, you can defect anything shiek throws at you :) For example, her throwing needles, the grapling thingy hook, and other things

Link & YLink: Again, deflecting the bomb abusers will get yo far in battle, you could also deflect their boomerangs and arrows but bombs are more better :)

pichu & Pickachu: Deflect there lighting bollts and you can also deflect pichus charge

JigglyPuff: You can deflect jiggly when she rolls at you, very effective becuase it will commonly result in ko's depending on the situation.

Mewtwo: You can easily deflect mewtwos shadow ball, this is my favorite becuase shadow ball usually sends people flying :D

Mr.Game & Watch: Deflect suasages :p

Marth & Roy: Deflect when there charging there sheild breakers and if possibly deflect there recovery upB

Thats it for cape possibilitys hope this helped rookies! :D
Note: Any other cape situation goes by instinct (like caping a recovery)

Also note: I searched for threads similar to this but found nothing...

Zayden​

Mario Smash King!

mario-man

Smash Lord
Okay, this is pretty accurate. Correct me, but aren't YOU a rookie?? If not whatever.

Okay, there ARE other threads that talk about this, they just aren't the main purpose. aka Maelstrom's Guide to Italian Plumbing. Also, this is pretty much common sense isn't it?? Not trying to slam you. I know you're new and are trying to contribute. So, KUDOS FOR THE EFFORT AND DESIRE TO HELP!!!
See ya 'round

BTW, LOL @ deflecting sausages

Zayden

Smash Cadet
Okay, this is pretty accurate. Correct me, but aren't YOU a rookie?? If not whatever.

Okay, there ARE other threads that talk about this, they just aren't the main purpose. aka Maelstrom's Guide to Italian Plumbing. Also, this is pretty much common sense isn't it?? Not trying to slam you. I know you're new and are trying to contribute. So, KUDOS FOR THE EFFORT AND DESIRE TO HELP!!!
See ya 'round

BTW, LOL @ deflecting sausages
well, im not a rookie, i can beat all my freinds with ease. an there pretty tough.

I learned from the best also..

and have you read the whole thing?

Also note: I searched and didnt find any relating posts

And when i was once a rookie with mario, i thought the cape was the worst move possible!

:) oh and thanks for the critisim

aren't YOU a rookie?? If not whatever.
Just becuase im new to the community, dosent mean im new tot he game, ive been playing smashbros since it came out on the N64, plakying as mario :) i can easily defeat computers set to level 9 and can clear adventure in 6-10 minuits on hard or very hard

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well, just because you can beat your friends with ease, doesn't mean your good. It doesn't mean you're not either. Are you familiar with Eggz?? Oh, I'm not a rookie, so, I already know all of this.

Zayden

Smash Cadet
Well, just because you can beat your friends with ease, doesn't mean your good. It doesn't mean you're not either. Are you familiar with Eggz?? Oh, I'm not a rookie, so, I already know all of this.

Look, im a peacful guy, i dont wish to flame about silly things about whos better then who, so, id appreciate it if youd stop, im nto saying im better then anyone else, besides, the whole purpous to this thread was to help people who are seeking help. not to be jugeded and rated by my topics. I have to admit i have no proof im good, becuase i dont have a camera to film my matches with, and i dont know how to take clear pictures

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm not flaming you at all. Just trying to help you out. Don't get defensive. I'm not like YOUR ARCHENEMY or something. I'm your friend here. Like I said, I'm glad that you are trying to contribute here. Very glad to see it :)

Zayden

Smash Cadet
this has been said over and over again

zayden show us some proof that your not a rook =P

-PM- =P
uhh, no im not a "rook" but ive seen vids of people better then me on youtube, and i know how to shffle wavedash waveland etc. etc. very easy stuff, my max combo was 7 hits with 65% damage (This does not include my throwdown combos) i know im not the best, but i didnt say im the best, im just saying im not new to ssbm and its very familliar to me.

:dizzy:

PS if you want to come see my mario skills for urself, i live in edmonton

-PM-

Smash Ace
uhh, no im not a "rook" but ive seen vids of people better then me on youtube, and i know how to shffle wavedash waveland etc. etc. very easy stuff, my max combo was 7 hits with 65% damage (This does not include my throwdown combos) i know im not the best, but i didnt say im the best, im just saying im not new to ssbm and its very familliar to me.

:dizzy:

PS if you want to come see my mario skills for urself, i live in edmonton
well if you have 19 posts and you know your not the best wouldnt it be common sense not to make a thread like this there are "pros" on this site they make these all the time if you not a "pro" most people just dont want to hear about it

Zayden

Smash Cadet
well if you have 19 posts and you know your not the best wouldnt it be common sense not to make a thread like this there are "pros" on this site they make these all the time if you not a "pro" most people just dont want to hear about it

OMFG! ok, just listen, just becuase your new to A community dosent mean ur new to the game, OPEN YOUR EYES! im a pro! god some people just give you a huge pain in the ***

Isnt it common sense to not judge people by there posts? F**K!

-PM-

Smash Ace
OMFG! ok, just listen, just becuase your new to A community dosent mean ur new to the game, OPEN YOUR EYES! im a pro! god some people just give you a huge pain in the ***

Isnt it common sense to not judge people by there posts? F**K!
are you on powerrankings? are you well known by anyone? have you ever been to a tournament? do you know what FC, OC3, or the word bi-weeklys mean?

do you beat top pros of your community?

all these things make you pro... now are you really a pro?

mario-man

Smash Lord
TIME OUT HERE!!!! Zayden, nobody here is your enemy. At least almost nobody. There are a few idiots around, but most are friendly. I am not your enemy, -PM- is not your enemy. Don't get so defensive. He's just messin' with ya man. Cut him a break already. Trust me, we both know that being new to a community doesn't mean that you're new to the game. WE KNOW THAT!!! We two AT LEAST are your friends here. He's just joking around with you:)

EDIT: Oh, 1400 POSTS FTW!!!!!

Crusade

Smash Rookie
PM and Mario-Man... just chill for a second. You (PM and Mario-Man) are probably right in being cautious about believing someone who says they're good. However, at the same time, Zayden has a right to try to help out on the boards, regardless of how well known he is.

So, Zayden, it's cool that you're sharing what you think is a useful tactic.

PM and Mario-Man, it's alright by me that you are both being cautious about embracing someone as a great player (you should be).

Please, just try to see each other's viewpoints :).

mario-man

Smash Lord
Wait a second here. I am NOT discounting his skill levels AT ALL. -PM- was just joking. End of story. GOODNESS ppl around here are WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too defensive.

-PM-

Smash Ace
Wait a second here. I am NOT discounting his skill levels AT ALL. -PM- was just joking. End of story. GOODNESS ppl around here are WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too defensive.
xD i just like to pick on people lol

at least we have a new mario >.> bout ****in time lol

Zayden

Smash Cadet
TIME OUT HERE!!!! Zayden, nobody here is your enemy. At least almost nobody. There are a few idiots around, but most are friendly. I am not your enemy, -PM- is not your enemy. Don't get so defensive. He's just messin' with ya man. Cut him a break already. Trust me, we both know that being new to a community doesn't mean that you're new to the game. WE KNOW THAT!!! We two AT LEAST are your friends here. He's just joking around with you:)

EDIT: Oh, 1400 POSTS FTW!!!!!

I dotn have a problem with you, add me! :chuckle:

mario-man

Smash Lord
I would, but you're a little touchy for my taste. I mean c'mon, you deleted your whole post. And -PM- is my buddy and you just MAJORLY flamed him for NO reason.

Zayden

Smash Cadet
I would, but you're a little touchy for my taste. I mean c'mon, you deleted your whole post. And -PM- is my buddy and you just MAJORLY flamed him for NO reason.
I guess i just dont like idiots, if you want the post again, i can give it to you no problem, i dont tolerate people who piss me off...

-PM-

Smash Ace
careful there tiger all i said was this thread isnt need

... cause its been made before

and

tried to help mario man out honestly i dont care if your good or now xD

mario-man

Smash Lord
I guess i just dont like idiots, if you want the post again, i can give it to you no problem, i dont tolerate people who piss me off...
Like I said, a little touchy...

You have no grounds to be mad at -PM-. He didn't do anything to you, besides joke around.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I don't really care what you do with your ignore list or whatever. Just don't openly embarass yourself and flame ppl for no reason. That's all I'm asking here. :)

Percon

Smash Lord
That was an interesting episode. 0_o

And welcome, Zayden. I know it's quite ironic for someone with about 50 posts to be welcoming you formally to the board, but... eh.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok random Mario Fact time

I just killed a yoshi with Mario's Forward air off the top at 270 percent... remember that if the situation arises.

marthsword

Smash Ace
mario man: long time no see. I would say quit antagonizing him, but judging by this guide, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Zayden: The examples in this thread will never be useful. Partly because a situation like this will rarely happen.

Eggz and maelstrom128: post.

Top Bottom