• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario and Sonic: a REAL game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Since Mario and Sonic at the Olympics was announced, I knew immediately that is was not going to satisfy the ultimate Nintendo/Sega fan's greatest urge, a REAL Mario and Sonic game.

Now I mean, the Olympics could have been any random characters. It really wouldn't have changed gameplay. I want an actual storyline, with plot. I was hoping Brawl could satisfy this...need for a storyline... but alas, with Sonic's entry so late it was too late to make something of it.

If anyones watched Super Mario Bros Z, by Alvin Earthworm, even in sprite form, you realize the potential for such a game.

Intro to the Series, only 2 minutes-ish long.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/386658

Am I alone in thinking this should really happen?

Thoughts/Ideas for a possible storyline?

Tails/Luigi - epic sidekick duo?

Dr. Robotnik and Bowser teaming up?

lemme hear it.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I've wondered that too, seems like a cool concept, but the story would be sorta like the SSE since the characters from the Mario series hardly ever speak.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
well, sega and nintendo were competing against each other in the 90's. so if sega was brought into a nintendo game, might as well give them the smallest part.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ive seen super mario bros z its pretty **** good.A cool game would be if the two swapped worlds and had to get used to each others enemies,levels etc.

Mario vs Robotnik......awesome.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't think any StH or Mario fans realize this, but a crossover between Sonic and Mario would never work. Think about it -- Sonic characters talk, Mario characters grunt. Sonic takes place in modern day, a place in which Mario would never work.

Nintendo and Sega were once rivals. And with rumors going around about a new console from Sega, I don't think Nintendo would be very wise to try to make friends with Sega now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
A. Video Game Discussion belongs in the Light House.

B. This would be closed there because we do not allow discussions about games that are not announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom