• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario 1.11 Patch Notes

Kresent

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one that thinks his jab needs fixing alongside Dair? A lot of the time vs characters with lower traction (Luigi is a good example but also vs less extreme cases), jab 1 knocks them too far away for jab 2/3 to connect but it puts them just far enough away to punish the whiffed jab 2/3.

Just seems odd that he can successfully get the jab but push them out of the rest of it

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Am I the only one that thinks his jab needs fixing alongside Dair? A lot of the time vs characters with lower traction (Luigi is a good example but also vs less extreme cases), jab 1 knocks them too far away for jab 2/3 to connect but it puts them just far enough away to punish the whiffed jab 2/3.

Just seems odd that he can successfully get the jab but push them out of the rest of it
That's never happened to me before, and I fight a lot of Falcons.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It happens when you connect with the jab hitbox on Mario's arm instead of his fist. In my experience it only happens on characters with high traction (Luigi) or if they were aerial and they DI'd away from you. This also happened in Brawl.

It doesn't matter too much with Falcon because his hurtbox is very large.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Diddy used to have this problem until knockback values were changed.

What it is supposed to do for Mario is Jab1's hitbox at the arm is supposed to push the opponent back into jab2's hitbox at the fist, which in turn sets them up to be hit correctly by jab3's hitbox.

I wouldn't call it a problem, as it usually does that. It's just something to keep in mind vs Luigi and maybe Marcina. If you're not delaying Jab2 then it shouldn't be a consistent issue at all.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I can't see it being too noticeable. The balancing team probably doesn't even know it exists, let alone plan on fixing it.

Top Bottom