• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[March 9, 2014] King of the House (Dallas, TX)

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
In other words, make sure you all buy food throughout the day! It's a business, so the more income/sales they get, the higher chances of having a repeat. it won't hurt to buy good food right? :D *excited for pho on a cold day*
Booze is food, right?

I'm pretty sure it is.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
@ P phởHouse I know this is kind of late to say, but I feel like you guys should allow people to register until 30 minutes before their event starts. I know a lot of people won't be able to make it before 12 to register and if an event starts 3 hours later then it would be a way bigger convenience to leave registration open for longer. It seems like a hassle to make people text you and tell you they will register when they could just show up and do it. Just a suggestion, but I honestly think it would be easier and it's the way most tourneys do it.

Once again, just a suggestion. Not trying to tell you how to run your tournament.

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
@ P phởHouse I know this is kind of late to say, but I feel like you guys should allow people to register until 30 minutes before their event starts. I know a lot of people won't be able to make it before 12 to register and if an event starts 3 hours later then it would be a way bigger convenience to leave registration open for longer. It seems like a hassle to make people text you and tell you they will register when they could just show up and do it. Just a suggestion, but I honestly think it would be easier and it's the way most tourneys do it.

Once again, just a suggestion. Not trying to tell you how to run your tournament.
I agree with this. As it stands, I may have a hard time getting there by 12. And considering the numbers I'm seeing from here and TL, I'd say even an hour should be ample time.

And if things go wrong, #BlameBreezy

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't end up making it out to this.
Sorry to those I would moneymatched, but now we can all get better and have better looking matches.

I hope to see venue media and great recorded games; no luck getting the stream up? Meanwhile at Rom 7... :p

phởHouse

Smash Cadet

We appreciate your suggestion, and we will obviously do whatever the majority wants (to be less strict). Strictness in this situation brought simplicity, which is what we were aiming for considering it was our first tournament. Cooperation from both sides is all we ask for. Speaking as the TO, you guys more than delivered today, and my only regret is not obtaining more ProjectM setups myself beforehand. dfw showed up and showed up strong on a Sunday of all days. The first thing the owner did when he walked in was shake my hand. Saturdays confirmed. Koth2 confirmed.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Good to hear about this being a regular thing.

I'll upload the matches that were recorded ASAP. I work tomorrow, so don't expect anything tomorrow, but I'm off Monday and Tuesday. They'll be up one of those days at the earliest (I also have awful upload speed, so even upload them all will take a while), but I can promise the quality will be the best I can make it. Looking at the .ts files now, and they look great.

GGs to everyone I got to play. Had fun, and god dammit I will make it into the damn PM bracket next time! :p

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
Had lots of fun! Glad I had a chance at bracket but man I had the jitters while playing. Hopefully come next KOTH, we can start pools a bit earlier or something

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
We appreciate your suggestion, and we will obviously do whatever the majority wants (to be less strict). Strictness in this situation brought simplicity, which is what we were aiming for considering it was our first tournament. Cooperation from both sides is all we ask for. Speaking as the TO, you guys more than delivered today, and my only regret is not obtaining more ProjectM setups myself beforehand. dfw showed up and showed up strong on a Sunday of all days. The first thing the owner did when he walked in was shake my hand. Saturdays confirmed. Koth2 confirmed.
It was an awesome tournament and ran pretty dang well for your first one. Thanks for giving us a great venue WITH FOOD (and alcohol) to play Smash at. Pumped for KOTH2. I'll see you guys there.

nevakee

Smash Rookie
Thanks for a great tournament (my 2nd one ever!). I was pretty surprised by the turnout. I'll definitely be coming with my brother to the next one.

For me personally: I got schooled by Drew very hard and had a couple of VERY fun losses to Boomstick. Loved it.

Also: Shoutouts to pizzicato, best randomly met teammate!

Last edited:
Top Bottom