• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[March 22, 2014] eSmashLANd - Featuring Super Smash Bros: Melee - Chantilly, VA

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice

(Yes, I do know that that's Wii U Fox, not Melee Fox!)​
Event: Melee Singles & Melee Doubles

*****Please pre-register if you are planning on coming to this event. You don't have to pay until you get to the door, this just helps us to get a gauge of how many people are entering Singles/Doubles.*****
Pre-Registration: http://bit.ly/esmashland-prereg

Venue:
eStarland
14225 Sullyfield Circle, Suite C
Chantilly, VA 20151
www.eStarland.com

Fees:
  • Venue Fee*: $8
  • Singles Pot Fee: $12 per entrant
  • Doubles Team Fee: $10 per team
*Players bringing a setup will have $5 knocked off from their venue fee! Please let us know in advance if you plan on bringing a setup.

Payout:
  • Singles**: 50%/25%/15%/10%
  • Doubles: 60%/30%/10%
**If the singles event eclipses 25 entrants, DC eSports will be throwing in a $100 pot bonus!!!

Rules:
We will be following the Apex 2014 rules.
Wobbling is LEGAL. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling, as per Apex 2014 rules.

Schedule:
11:00am: Venue Opens/Registration Begins/Warm-Ups
12:00pm: Registration for Doubles Ends
12:30pm: Doubles begins.
2:30pm: Registration for Singles Ends
2:30-3:00pm: Food break
3:00pm: Singles begins.
7:30pm: Tournament Ends, Break Down Room
8:00pm: Venue closes.

Tournament Format:
Singles - Pool play leading into a double-elimination bracket.
Doubles - Straight double-elimination bracket.

Stream:
The event will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/DCeSportsLANs. If anyone is interested in commentating, please let us know! We'd love to get some knowledgeable players on the mics.

Food:
eStarland is in the middle of a warehouse park, so there's nothing within immediate walking distance, but there is no shortage of food around eStarland. If you've got a car, there's a KFC, Wendy's, Jerry's Subs, Pizza Hut, Chick Fil A, Arby's, Taco Bell, McDonald's, etc. etc. within 5 minutes drive from the venue.

Background on DC eSports:
D.C. eSports is a local organization created to help further competitive gaming in the DMV area. We're experienced running local events having done numerous small tournaments for the Microsoft Store (usually revolving around shooters like Call of Duty and Halo) in Tyson's Corner, as well as LANs at eStarland. We also have previous experience running Smash locals and a SF4/MvC3 local back in SoVA. One of the founders of D.C. eSports has worked as an MLG Referee for the last 3 years with Call of Duty: Black Ops, fighting games (KoF, SC5, MK9), and Black Ops 2 this past year.

We are excited to join the Smash community and help support the local competitive gaming scene!

If you are on Facebook, please join up on the event: http://bit.ly/eSmashLANd.

Last edited:

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a setup. I can also bring a recording setup too. I've streamed a couple tournaments recently and you can view my stream at twitch.tv/nbd_skywalker

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a setup. I can also bring a recording setup too. I've streamed a couple tournaments recently and you can view my stream at twitch.tv/nbd_skywalker
Thanks Chuckles! It would be great if you brought a recording setup, we'd love to get more matches recorded.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
eStarland has let us know that they have 6 CRTs we are able to use, we just need Gamecubes and games for them. First 6 people that lets us know they are bringing a Gamecube setup, we'll knock off $2 from your venue fee.

We are also still knocking off $5 from venue fees for full set ups (Gamecube + Melee + TV).

Fats_Ganon

Smash Rookie
I'll be coming out of a 6 year hibernation due to the convenience of this venue to my home, as well as the tragic lack of Ganon that has become the norm in VA.

.fube

Smash Cadet
I will definitely be bringing a gamecube set up. If we end up needing it, I can also drag over my tv.

Last edited:

Fred_Gurtz (Cobalt)

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6888-2353
I'm thinking about going to this. Looks pretty good, know most of the players who have confirmed thus far. Bit of a drive though. I'll try to make it.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all of the interest guys, we're excited to throw a great tournament (and to continue to throughout the year). I've added a pre-registration link to the top of the post, I'll link it here too. There's no fees or anything to pre-register, we just would like to get an idea of who's coming. It'll help us with faster registration on the day of the event, and with setting up pools.

Pre-Registration: http://bit.ly/esmashland-prereg

Continue to advertise this to your friends and anyone in the area, it's looking like we're going to have a solid turnout!

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
We are just a couple of weeks away from this event! It's looking like it's going to be awesome, thanks for all of the support. If anybody wants to get on the mics for commentary at any point, let me know!

Also, please continue to pre-register if you haven't already! Link is at the top of the post. We're really excited to hold this event, and we're looking into future plans for both Melee and Project M.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Couple of updates/announcements!

First, clarification on the setup discount situation. We will be refunding $5 of the venue fee to the first 10 full setups (that is, Gamecube, Melee, TV). We will be refunding $2 of the venue fee to the first 6 people who can a half setup (just a Gamecube + Melee).

Second, as you guys know, DC eSports will be adding $100 to the pot with 25 or more singles entrants. We see no reasons why this number won't be hit. In addition to this, eStarland will generously be donating a portion of the venue fee in the form of eStarland gift certificates if we are able to reach more than 40 entrants! The amount coming back will be split into 5 different gift cards, and will be raffled off. Everyone that has paid the venue fee will be entered to win one of these gift certificates.

We're really excited to be holding this event, especially on the heels of the announcements of Melee being at both EVO and MLG Anaheim this upcoming June and July. Please continue to pre-register on the Google doc (http://bit.ly/esmashland-prereg), and spread the word about the event! If you can't make it, the event will be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/DCeSportsLANs.

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
Am I streaming this? Or do you just want recording setups? If Im not streaming then Id love to commentate!

Last edited:

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Am I streaming this? Or do you just want recording setups? If Im not streaming then Id love to commentate!
We will be taking care of the stream, but if you want to bring a recording set up, that would be great. We definitely would love to have you on the mics for commentating!

Top Bottom