• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [March 20th, 2016] FROM THE ASHES VI: A Project M Tournament! (Orlando, FL.)

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
is the tournament PM only? because Im really bad at PM but still want to go because this is the only tournament near me, if it is whoever fights me has a free win, also will the event be streamed?

Last edited:

Corby

Smash Cadet
is the tournament PM only? because Im really bad at PM but still want to go because this is the only tournament near me, if it is whoever fights me has a free win, also will the event be streamed?
If we get more feedback on the Facebook event page soon about more people wanting Smash 4 then we may add it, otherwise it will be P:M only. You won't be required to enter the tournament if you show up to spectate or play friendlies, but friendlies won't be available after the tournament starts until later in the tournament when the bracket thins out. What smash game(s) do you play mostly by the way? Campus Cards and Games in the same area hosts weekly smash tournaments on Tuesdays, usually with Melee/P:M/Smash 4.

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
Oh thanks, i mostly play smash 4 but im trying to get into the other games competitively, could you give me the link for the Tuesday thing? Also will it be streamed?

Last edited:

Corby

Smash Cadet
Oh thanks, i mostly play smash 4 but im trying to get into the other games competitively, could you give me the link for the Tuesday thing? Also will it be streamed?
No problem, and I'm not sure on the time details for each game since I don't go as often as I'd like. Try messaging and asking @Azzy? He tends to post the results from those tournaments on here.
I apologize for missing your initial question about streaming too. This tournament will not be streamed, though we would like to make it possible for future tournaments. As of now we don't have all the necessary equipment readily available to make it happen.

Corby

Smash Cadet
*IMPORTANT NOTE* The tournament date has been changed to Sunday, June 7th. The time will be the same, and we were forced to move due to complications out of our control. I apologize for any inconvenience. Be sure to come on Sunday, not Saturday!

Joshua taylor

Smash Rookie
yay! a project m tournament in the orlando area! And five bucks only 0-0 you can count me in for sure!!! Also, if you need it, i can bring a setup and some controllers :D oh yeah, one more thing: a smash commentator group named "gcub3d," are lookin for local tourneys to stream for, and i beleive they do it for free, so i think you might wanna check them out.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Joshua taylor Joshua taylor : Yooooo, you make me not want to meme with your mama. Although you shouldn't advertise anything on this site (At least not from what I remember), I approve.

Corby

Smash Cadet
That happens from time to time with tourneys. Thanks for the alert post. Will there be PM doubles?
We'll post our decision tomorrow!
yay! a project m tournament in the orlando area! And five bucks only 0-0 you can count me in for sure!!! Also, if you need it, i can bring a setup and some controllers :D oh yeah, one more thing: a smash commentator group named "gcub3d," are lookin for local tourneys to stream for, and i beleive they do it for free, so i think you might wanna check them out.
Good to hear! A set-up would be awesome as well. Any idea how I'd reach gcub3d by the way? Multiple people have asked about streaming and I'd love to make it happen.

Corby

Smash Cadet
Awesome that doubles is happening. What is with the stagelist change? I really liked the original Rise from the Ashes stagelist.
We figured we'd switch it up and see how people feel about it. We'll be asking for more input after the tournament to see how people feel about the change.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ Corby Corby

Yes, getting streamed!!! You should tell the guy who makes those "this weeks smash streams" on the SWF main page about it for stream advertising, Corby. But I am not sure what day that gets posted on.

Thanks for answering my stagelist question.

Corby

Smash Cadet
about how often are these tournamnets? i cant make this one because of the day its on but would like to do another onw
We hope to turn it into a once a month thing, though we may condense that down even more. It's all good, we'll definitely be doing it again!

Corby

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone who came out to the tournament, it was a blast! Congrats to StereoKidd, Sartron, and Eikelmann for placing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. I hope everyone had a good time, and I hope to see you all at the next event!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/CorbySmash/ to stay updated on events/fests I'll be hosting in the future.

Also feel free to comment on anything you'd like to see have changed (or what you liked) at the next tournament. We're open to any and all criticism.

Results:
http://smashboards.com/rankings/from-the-ashes-ii-a-project-m-tournament.6774/event

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Why Melee? This is a revival tourney. Its should be PM and Smash 64 as 64 desparetely needs tournies, Melee does not. I am not hating Melee, just saying that Smash 64 should be the other event instead.

Also, hype. Will bring my 1 setup and extra tv.

Corby

Smash Cadet
What time does this start? Also do we get less of a price if we just bring the console and game - the tv? Hopefully will be coming to this
You can come at 12:30pm, and the tournament start times are as listed on the first page. I'll have a couple extra TVs, so if they haven't been taken by the time you show up then I'll waver your door fee with a console. Hope you can make it!

Why Melee? This is a revival tourney. Its should be PM and Smash 64 as 64 desparetely needs tournies, Melee does not. I am not hating Melee, just saying that Smash 64 should be the other event instead.

Also, hype. Will bring my 1 setup and extra tv.
That's a good point, I might actually consider doing that next time, haha. We figured we would try including melee to see if it attracts more participants, but we likely won't be running it at every tournament after this, as the focus of the whole event is to primarily promote Project M. Look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ Corby Corby

Your PM ruleset has a few loopholes in it. Because of the ASL feature (when you hold l for alt stages) , I can counterpick to the Brawl version of GHZ for janky wins since the game does not differentiate the names of the stages. Same loophole for Pokemon Stadium 2 is present. Just thought I should let you know so that you can avoid ruleset exploit headaches before they happen.

Corby

Smash Cadet
@ Corby Corby

Your PM ruleset has a few loopholes in it. Because of the ASL feature (when you hold l for alt stages) , I can counterpick to the Brawl version of GHZ for janky wins since the game does not differentiate the names of the stages. Same loophole for Pokemon Stadium 2 is present. Just thought I should let you know so that you can avoid ruleset exploit headaches before they happen.
Good eye, thanks dude! I updated the P:M Stagelist with a side note about that.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Ayyyyyy, daijoubu, baby. :sonic: I guess I'll be getting a lotta Smash action two weeks from now!

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Corby Corby , I noticed in the Tournament Info section of the OP that you would waive the door fee if I brought a MELEE setup. Is that true even though Melee is not an event this time?

Corby

Smash Cadet
Hey @ Corby Corby , I noticed in the Tournament Info section of the OP that you would waive the door fee if I brought a MELEE setup. Is that true even though Melee is not an event this time?
Bringing melee setups won't waive the door fee this time since melee isn't being featured at this tournament, but you're still welcome to bring a melee setup for friendlies. Look forward to seeing you again too :)

Corby

Smash Cadet
Tournament's tomorrow, get excited! I look forward to seeing you all there.
Also All-Star Mode tournament ruleset has been updated.

Corby

Smash Cadet
Congratulations to Sartron, FS StereoKiDD, and BiggPappa for placing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd consecutively in the singles bracket at FTA4! Aside from some parking issues the tournament went pretty well overall! The matches from the stream will likely be uploaded athttps://www.youtube.com/user/TaerkEX some point in the near future.
If you guys have anything to say about the tournament or what we could've done better, please let us know!

Singles Bracket Results:
http://images.challonge.com/FromTheAshes4.png
Doubles Bracket Results:
http://images.challonge.com/FTA4dubs.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom