• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 8, 2014] Battle Blitz! (Wichita, Kansas)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Looks like they want me to run an event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1438726456360942/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=1

BattleStations Gaming & WFGA are proud to present: Battle Blitz!

Wichitas official Tri-Monthly tournament series

BattleStations Gaming is the hotspot in Wichita,KS where the biggest and best tournaments happen in town.

The tournament is open invite to anyone who wishes to come and participate.

Tournament outline and details:

Venue Fee: $10.00* (WAIVED WITH BSG PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP)

*This fee includes the use the PC stations, use of the console stations and a discount on products you buy the store as well.

Entry Fee:

Super Street Fighter IV: AE - $10.00 (XBOX 360)
UMvC3 -$10.00 (XBOX 360)
KoF XIII -$10.00 ( XBOX 360/PS3 )
Project M- $5.00 (WII)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $5.00 (WII)
Killer Instinct - $5.00 ( XBOX ONE )
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma ( PS3 )
Prize Winnings will be split 70/20/10.
Round robin tournaments are winner-take-all.

Schedule:

Registration time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM with tournament brackets starting at 2:00 PM

Title lineup Tentative Schedule:

SSF4 AE 2012 = 2:00 P.M.
KOF XIII, BBCP = 3:00 P.M.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 = 4:00 P.M.
Project M = 3:00 P.M.
SSBB = 3:00 P.M.

Consoles, Monitors and Games will be provided by BattleStations Gaming and ready to go on the day of tournament. If you want more setups for Project M/SSBB, please bring CRTs and Wiis.

Please bring your own controllers/converters.

Recording and Streaming will be happening.

This is a family oriented business so we ask that you please keep the cussing and popping off to a minimum, if you have to be told time and again to tone it down you will be removed from the premises without a refund. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Tournament Rules and Brackets

All tournament brackets will be

*Double Elimination

*Best 2 out of 3 for regular matches/best 3 out of 5 for winners,losers and grand finals.

(Except for UMVC3, that will be 3/5 for all matches)

SSF4 AE 2012

*Winner must keep same character but may change ultra ONLY after loser has picked his character, loser may switch character

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

*Winner must keep same team and assist but may switch order of characters during loading screen,

*loser is allowed to switch characters and/or assists.

King of Fighters XIII

*Winner must keep same characters but may switch order of team

*Loser is allowed to switch characters

Project M - http://www.umsmash.com/information/#projectmruleset

SSBB - http://smashboards.com/threads/the-unity-ruleset-v2-1.301032/

WE URGE EVERYONE TO DO A BUTTON CHECK BEFORE STARTING YOUR MATCH. if you end up losing because you failed to do so it is on you.

Pause rule: if a player pauses the game accidentally or deliberately then the player responsible for it will lose that round.

*Exception to this rule is the inevitable death animation

(if the opponents character is their last one and they are already in the animation of a super with low health knowing for a fact that the character will die and they will lose the match)

Please make sure you unsync your ps3 pad before turning off your controller.

Spectators are not allowed to use tournament setups for casuals, if they want they may pay the standard rate at BattleStations Gaming or pay the event venue fee.

(This will require actual participation in at least one tournament)

So train up,hit the lab and learn a combo so you can be prepared to face off against the regions best at BattleBlitz!!!!

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Looks fun!

I wish I could come, but I am posting here to suggest you add a "midwest" tag to this so people can find it easier.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I was not given the option when first posting this event. It has been so long since I last used this website.

Odysseus

Smash Rookie
Any Melee players in Wichita? I'd like to find some melee tourneys around town....

Top Bottom