• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 29, 2014] Who's Tyler? 8!!! Vinnie, Denti, Pwii [SSBB, P:M, SSB64] (Lindale, Texas)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If you decide to do that for PM too I'm not complaining.
Not 100% sure if we're actually going, but I don't have any plans that day and there isn't anything else nearby going on this month so I'll probably come with a few peeps from Louisiana
@ XKCP XKCP It shows you as a maybe up there? @Wrecksasaurus and I are interested in coming, if you plan to go and happen to have room, we can carpool from Shreveport and split gas evenly.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue if I'm going. Depends on if I can get off work, and I have been speaking to Gunner about going to save money. He usually has some Brawl players go with him so I'll see about plans soon.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WHOBO wasn't even classified as a national in terms of size lol, denti held a local that was bigger a month before. But it doesn't even matter if it's a national, its all about having a pot bonus. ETFC started charging $10 venue and everyone complaining here didn't say anything there, and they're charging more to make more money. Literally everything past paying the venue for me is going to be pot bonus for WT?X.

Quit complaining, ya nerds.

spoilers: whobo 5 was indeed bigger than apoc. oh and it was MK banned. i still beat his numbers even though i told 1/3 of planet earth to stay home because i banned mk. also the great SWF crash was going on too so that def hurt my numbers. but yet, i won. i always win.

double spoilers: total attendance doesn't determine if a event is a national.

triple spoilers: you are a new gen

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I know attendance doesn't define if it's a national lol. That's why I said "in terms of size."
You had reps from every region, so it was still a national event.

Edit @ Vinnie Vinnie let me know if y'all actually are going whenever so I can change the entry fee. I'd only make the accepting for you cuz I know you're only down here once or twice a year. Otherwise it's staying $5 so my lower level players can afford it and come have fun and get better

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Ok so here's the deal!
The singles fee is increasing to $10! HOWEVER, I will feature a "new player discount!"

If this is your first or second tournament, I'll let you enter singles for just $5!(this will not affect pot size, but may have a long term effect on WT?X)

This is in effect for Brawl and P:M Singles only. Spread the word!

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
If you don't show I'm un-subscribing from everything CT and preaching VGBC like the second coming of Jesus and telling chibo it's your fault.

I've kind of had a problem with Houston confirming and not showing. Maybe like 3 times LOL

I'm hyped, see you there!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
The ETFC contingent (wife, grandson, and I) will be showing up with a TV/Wii. I'm not going to my traditionals event in the morning since I just had to drop $200+ this week on computer parts to get my PC back up and working (it's still not working though, need a new motherboard). Dependent on how I'm feeling the day of, I might enter a bracket.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yo, I'm bringing myself and my roommate over from natchitoches in LA. It's a 2.5+ hour drive, we'd prefer not to risk driving back hella late unless otherwise impossible.
Does anybody know someone that can house the two of us saturday night so we can leave in the morning?
as compensation we will smash with you all night
or not, if you need to go to bed, we can also go to bed lol

if nobody here knows, can I get a link to the lindale and/or TX FB groups and i'll ask there

Last edited:

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I can't make promises, but I will see what's up. I have obligations Sunday. and will see if my wife is fine with it.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
If not @Psychoace has been able to house in the past, but I don't remember if that's accurate or not.

I can't house :( i don't think anyone in Tyler can aside from those two tbh

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If everything goes well, 7-9 Houston people will be going.

We will win every brawl event.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Thank you for choosing hotel Rave. we appreciate your business.

Alright. I have yo unload a uhaul Sunday whenever it gets in. So i think 10 is fine.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Gunnermaniac Gunnermaniac what are the chances your car has an extra seat?
My roommate might bail, so I might be the only one going from natty, so driving by myself would be expensive. I'd be willing to contribute for gas, of course, and even put in a good chunk of driving time if you guys want.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Gunnermaniac Gunnermaniac Natchitoches. Not that I expect you to drive there, I can meet you anywhere in Shreveport any time tomorrow.
I ask not because I don't have a car, but because driving by myself 5+ hours round trip would be pretty expensive.

Last edited:

Okuser

Smash Ace
$18 ****ING DOLLARS JUST SO I CAN PLAY BRAWL SINGLES? that's ****ing outrageous and bank breaking. please change.

Last edited:

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
@ Gunnermaniac Gunnermaniac Natchitoches. Not that I expect you to drive there, I can meet you anywhere in Shreveport any time tomorrow.
I ask not because I don't have a car, but because driving by myself 5+ hours round trip would be pretty expensive.
If Okuser doesn't come then there is space, if he does come then there isn't. Looks like he isn't lol, those fees ARE kinda steep. We will be arriving around 2.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If Okuser doesn't come then there is space, if he does come then there isn't. Looks like he isn't lol, those fees ARE kinda steep. We will be arriving around 2.
Arriving in Shreveport around 2 or arriving in Lindale around 2? Nevermind I see you live in Shreveport. I'll make sure i'm in Shreveport by no later than 12... assuming @ Okuser Okuser lets me replace him lol please okuser 18 dollars is totally too expensive
I'll check the boards before I leave so if you guys have gone to bed just give me a heads up on the situation when you're up.
Do you also have room for a set-up in the car? I can bring a TV+Wii+game if there's room.
And in the case there is room, I'll need an address or somewhere to meet you guys at.

Last edited:

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
There's no way there will be room for a setup unless the tv is very small. I'll let you know tomorrow morning or maybe tonight if Okuser is coming or not.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
it's a PUBLIC ****ING LIBRARY, $8 venue fee is literally STEALING.
I don't make money off of TOing tho so how is it stealing?
The thread tells you exactly what the money is going to, and even provides you with a way to not pay it.

It's a $3 difference. You should be able to find that much money in change in the bottom of your washing machine

Top Bottom