• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Mar 28, 2015] AMPitUP: A Michigan Sm4sh Regional (Ann Arbor, Michigan)

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Also, we are still in need of more setups! Please please please bring one if you can!!! And post here to let me know.

Last edited:

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
I can bring my setup, but I can only stay til 8pm. I should already signed up on the FB page(Derek Goad) just wanted to let you guys know.

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
Quick question. Will there be gamepads there? Ye I use gamepad. Or will I have to bring my own?

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Quick question. Will there be gamepads there? Ye I use gamepad. Or will I have to bring my own?
I'd recommend getting a Wii U pro controller eventually, it is personal preference, but you get extra battery life and convenience/safety of carry. Plus, the controller layout is the same. And there isn't always outlets to use as a safety net if your controller dies. Not my business, just my 2cents.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Well another thing about gamepads is that only one can be used per Wii U. Can't play with 2, so if you were to run into another gamepad user one of you would have to switch off which is why i'd imagine using them is banned, but who knows.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
I don't have one anymore. Soooooo, you could maybe borrow a GC controller from someone if that happens, but that depends on if someone is willing to do so...

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
Can my brother bring his nunchuk and can I bring my gamepad, we don't have any other controllers.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
I know that typically Wii Remotes are fine. But if they interrupt someone game, it can lead to people being DQed. I'd say make sure to take the batteries your between matches and ask the Tourney Organizer.

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
Do I have to pay venue fee if I just hwt dropped out?
And can someone answer my controller question

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Do I have to pay venue fee if I just hwt dropped out?
And can someone answer my controller question
You have to pay venue fee to enter the tourney (and play friendlies most likely).

I replied to you earlier saying it is BYOC. You must supply your own controller it isn't anyone else's responsibility but your own for having a controller. So if he plays with Wiimote + Nunchuck he must bring his own. If you use gamepad be prepared to have to bring your own and spend a couple minutes setting yourself up each round.

Last edited:

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
Or ...my brother can just bring his chuk. Ralphie! Can you bring a spare controller for me? GC or Pro. Or 2. 1 for my brother, bur he don't need one.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
First tournament in a while where I felt my decision making was the biggest thing holding me back. MW going to hate Sheik more soon. ;) I'll do more proper shout outs in the results thread.

EDIT:
@Linus: I WAS HYPE AF HOW DID YOU MISS ME? Good **** in doubles tho.

Last edited:

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Yo, when's the next time you guys are playing near EMU. I'm free the next 2days!

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
Thanks. I should've gotten further though...and btw anyone that ain't see me I was the gamepad user who had a twin brother who used nunchuk. Toldja I was doing doubles and that was it. Also I got to play zinoto again.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Until the video thread is live (on the Results thread), you can watch all the matches right here in this playlist.

(Also, subscribe if you please. That helps so I can get the custom URL on Youtube. Also also if you can, try to pause adblock so I can make a little something off of those videos. It would really mean a lot ;~;!)

<3

Top Bottom