• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 22, 2014] [Project M][$100 Singles Bonus] Nowhere Land, Texas! --- Stephenville, TX

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Stephenville is going to be hosting Project M tournaments? Yer darned right we are!

Link to Facebook Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/652936321430873/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
Link to Tourney Locator event:
http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/10211

---Location---
Arrowstar Games
1481 W. South Loop Suite 11
Stephenville, TX 76401

[Pictures of Venue & Location to come.]

---Entry Fees---

Venue: $3

Project M Singles: $5

Project M Doubles: $5 ($10 per team)

[If we have time.]
Turbo Mode Singles: $1

---Schedule---

11:00am-- Doors Open
12:00 -- Sign ups Start
12:30 -- Sign ups End, PM Doubles bracket begin.
3:30 -- Lunch break! TO might get a 5 minute break so he doesn't die!
4:30 -- PM Singles Pools begin
7:30 -- PM Singles Top Cut Bracket begins
11:00 -- Pack up and skedaddle

PLEASE BRING SETUPS. Oh jeebus we only have three. Unless you're plan on participating in a 48 hour tournament, we will need some more of these.

I don't figure this take all the way up to 11:00pm, and we've got permission to stay as late if needed, but might as well plan for it, no?

Oh hey, planning on taking lunch? Tending to that before the actual lunch break will give you more free time right before Singles start, and it'll make it easier to get Singles going on time or sooner!

---Rules---
[Using Bowsers Revenge 10's PM ruleset.]
1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.?​
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
Addendum for Turbo
Toon Link and Zelda are banned.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1-1-1-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

---Stagelist---
Starters:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland

Counter Picks:
Yoshi's Story (Singles Only)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Warioware, Inc.
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Metal Cavern
Distant Planet (Doubles Only)
Dracula's Castle

---Other Rules---
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Custom Stuff is Fine Too: You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with textures/custom music, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
7. Giga Bowser is Banned.

---Notes---
The venue looks nice! Let's keep it that way. Don't be wreckin' the place!
The venue will be selling some snack food and drinks! Put the trash where it

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
There's now a $100 pot bonus for Project M Singles! Win more money than you normally would!

Dracula's Castle has been added as a counterpick stage. Main post has been updated with final list.

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
please ban zelda and TL in turbo singles if it happens. Infinites are no fun
You mean you don't want to see a Zelda and Toon Link only tournament? Have I failed to understand the metagame so badly that other characters are made viable by removing these cheesy infinites? IS MY WHOLE LIFE A LIE?!?

Edit: though that does raise the question of Shiek just a little bit for Turbo Singles, but I'll just play that by ear I guess.

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
hey DG are you ever going to post this on the dfw melee facebook?
Riiiiiiiiight now! Link to Facebook event now in first post and here.
https://www.facebook.com/events/652936321430873/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Tourney Locator Event link as well:
http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/10211

Oh hey, if for some reason you decide to stay the night in Stephenville, there is a hotel, I kid you not, one hundred yards away. You don't even have to drive, it is such a short walk! And there's no major road to cross or anything! This gives me some good ideas for multi day events. :3

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear, a one hundred dollar bill (that doesn't have the face of a President of the US, TIL) has mysteriously appeared in the Project M Singles winnings! Looks like there's a $100 pot bonus for singles now!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm gonna go ahead and confirm to make this. i'm free from nonschool commitments afaik. if i have a nasty test coming up that monday, i might have to change my mind, but i'll figure that out when it happens.

and i'll see if i can manage to get my tv out there. all i have left is a relatively large crt, but since my gf's going to be at her parents' that weekend, i have the opportunity to take it along.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
chemistry. i'm taking calc I right now, though. couldn't handle it combined with orgo I last semester. it's much better this time around : o probably a combination of less workload, a little more familiarity, and a much better teacher.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Little less than a week until Nowhere Land, Texas starts! If you happen to have a setup to bring, we need setups. To state that a different way...

WE NEED SETUPS. <--- See? Different. Bigger, bolder, and with the cruise control for cool enabled.

Oh oh oh! And I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but might as well now: we don't have the gear to stream, so if you so desire to, bring some streaming gear and you're welcome to host it on yer Twitch channel!

Edit: We got someone who is gonna be streaming there! Woo!

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, who's looking for a partner? i typically prefer teaming with a smaller character, but we could make all kinds of stuff work : D

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
O.K, quick update! Sounds like the person streaming at the tournament may not indeed be able to go, so if you happen to have some equipment for setting up a stream, feel free to bring it. See folks tomorrow.

Edit: people being my hero up in here. So to speak.... woo yeah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom