• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manor Smash IV

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Another month, another MANOR SMASH. This time, it was Lordy, the dominant force of West MI, who took the tournament handily, defeating so many strong opponents.

Manor Smash IV - PM Doubles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Hype Train (Lordy and Solharath)
2nd
DAT $#!7 (Lain and 1der)
3rd
Angry_Cancelling (Angry and L_Cancel)
4th
Benjibird (Benji and TBird)
5th
Cheese Tree (Red and Root)
5th
Dreamland Warriors (Robjoe and Flan~)
7th
Haru and Natu

Manor Smash IV - PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lordy
$87.00
2nd
Solharath
$43.50
3rd
Benji
$14.50
4th
Lain
5th
1Der
5th
Zbet
7th
L_Cancel
7th
TBird
9th
Haru
9th
Angry
9th
root
9th
The Chosen Juan
13th
Fuff
13th
Sophy
13th
Robjoe
13th
Red
17th
DhatRunner13
17th
Krump
17th
Enuff
17th
A2
17th
Fool
17th
King James
17th
Zaden
17th
Natu
25th
Frosty D
25th
Flan~
25th
Grey
25th
KCAT
25th
Rocker789

Probably the most stacked bracket a West MI tournament has ever seen, only Blake from Kalamazoo was missing as a top tier threat from the West, but in his place in Top Eight came the East MI vanguard, Lain and 1der, who not only placed highly themselves, but teamed and provided a significant challenge for the Hype Train, West Michigan's premier doubles team.

Serious shout outs to Benji, who showcased a single handed assault that took out all of East Michigan, defeating Lain not once but twice, in winner's and losers, stealing away Top 3 for West MI. Because let's be honest, by Lordy's own words, "So hyped West MI took Top 3." Once West MI, always West MI.

Manor Smash IV - Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
1Der
$30.00
2nd
Zbet
$15.00
3rd
Lain
$5.00
4th
L_Cancel
5th
Frosty D
5th
Angry
7th
Natu
7th
Haru
9th
Krump
9th
Zaden

:falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee:
That Top 3 though. :falcomelee: Zbet's performance here was nothing short of legendary, creating a major upset against Lain in game 5 of Loser's Finals, after a costly mistake cost Lain his match against the equally talented 1der. :falcomelee: An equally close Grand Finals closed the bracket off with 1der's strong performance, proving the strength of East MI's Melee scene. :falcomelee: But even though 1der took it over ZBet, Brayden still was able to win in their set in Project M directly following their Grand Finals bout. :falcomelee: Congrats, but West MI murmurs what if Blake or Ginger had made it out? :falcomelee: Perhaps a repeat appearance is in order now that East MI beat West on their turf. :falcomelee:
:falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee:

Also, the A2 Too-Good $2 event was actually run by Flan~, and it was... Diaperheads? Flan~ put a lot of work into hyping Touhou 12.3 and it was a huge success at the tournament, generating a lot of hype with the surprisingly deep gameplay and... well entry was $2 or you were forced to wear a diaper on your head for the duration. It was hype.

NEXT A2 TOO-GOOD $2 TOURNAMENT: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle! Feel free to bring your own setup! If it uses HDMI we have two more available TVs to use.

Manor Smash V will have a lot more effort be put into it, featuring more space for setups, but chairs and maybe even tables might be needed as we make use of the basement. Also, there might be something even more special about Manor Smash V that you'll want to keep your eyes on. The best place for house tournament is gonna be even stronger next month, and following the wake of Big House IV, will feature a new ruleset! Stay tuned!

thechosenjuan

Smash Cadet
Lordy - Sorry we didn't bring Dirtboy
Solharath - Thanks for the friendlies and the tips, I appreciate it!
1Der - Ya got a good Mario, that's for sure.
TBird - You're so good with Falcon it's ridiculous.
Angry - Like helo
root - Sheik is looking good, as is Zelda, I like playing against you.
Fuff - You're too slow.
Robjoe - Solid Charizard, fun matches.
Red - Diddy2strong. Good Games.
Krump - Fun friendlies against you, you have a solid Falcon.
Enuff - I liked you. You were a cool guy. Good Samus too.
Natu- Roy dittos are so fun. Good games.

Good job everyone.

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
Time for shoutouts.

Lordy - Good friendlies, always fun watching you play. Had some good friendlies, took one game off of you (Complete fluke, but I don't care)
Solharath - Thanks so much for the tips and the ditto's. Gonna work on a lot for Kzoo and hopefully do a lot better than yesterday.
TBird - Thanks for kicking my ass, would really like some tips on how exactly you did that so I can work on it.
Angry - Great games man, your peach is scary.
root - Damn man, you've been practicing. Good games as always.
Haru - The marth match-up is one I need to work on, thanks for reminding me of that

Looks like that's all, hoping to redeem myself for this at Kzoo.

Daddys Kisses

Smash Rookie
East Michigan will absolutely be featuring improved representation at the next smash manor. Work robbed me of my caturday this time.

Bask in your sunlight for the month, West. Winter is coming.

Top Bottom