• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango

Sliq

Smash Master
keeps nair -> F smashing my fox when I'm at high % and I never tech it cuz it happens too fast.

He also did jab so that I did my normal-get-up animation from the ground, then rested me before I could block and said it was "the mango combo"
Good to know. I'll keep these things in mind next time I fight a Fox, or you! lulz

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Hmm interesting stuff. How did he manage to get close to your Fox? I know you prefer the laser spam (sorry can't think of a better term for it) til Jiggs is >60% and then U-air or Up Smash.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He also did jab so that I did my normal-get-up animation from the ground, then rested me before I could block and said it was "the mango combo"
That's too **** sexy...I outta try that...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Dr Hyde said:
Hmm interesting stuff. How did he manage to get close to your Fox? I know you prefer the laser spam (sorry can't think of a better term for it) til Jiggs is >60% and then U-air or Up Smash.
lawl...every fox 'prefers' that vs. Jiggs. There is only so much you can do in that match-up. Rule number 1 is spam usmash+laser.

RPK

Smash Lord
keeps nair -> F smashing my fox when I'm at high % and I never tech it cuz it happens too fast.

. . . . . .Well ****, thats just ****ing sexy o.o
Ugh...Just reminds me of how bad my Jigglypuff has gotten now adays Dx

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Wow, what's this Mew2King revealing the secrets of another? Regardless... I can't wait to try and see if I can't pull some of this next tournament I go to :D

M2K you will always be a legend... Mango, the Smash world mourns the fact that Melee has less than a year left for you to build fame in :(

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Mango needs to back kick more, thats all I have to say :p
That was an old video. He improved too much since then.. btw, he beat Top Pros.. and placed well at every tournament he went to, there's no advice to give to him. ;)

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Mango is really making a name for himself, Mew2King asking for help from the community lol

first piece of advice: tech

second: don't fall on the ground
nah I think the advice is more thus

1) You're M2K the Jigglypuff shield breaks out of fear

2) You remember all that the Force has taught you about spacing

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
mango is 15 its not like he's retiring from gaming after melee

he'll play brawl so everyone just calm down sheesh
Sure, Brawl will come out, but then everyone will have to re-learn and adapt to the changes in gameplay... the formula for damage %, kickback, etc will have changed and old strategies will need to be changed because they won't be as effective any more.

Mango is looking to be a surprise of late-Melee, whereas even if he does make a name for himself with Brawl, there's always going to be more people popping up with crazy **** from Snake, Diddy, Pit, etc. who can upstage the metagame (once it's been established)... basically what I'm saying is Mango here is finding new stuff in a game where we thought we had everything figured out; once Brawl comes out, there will be so much new stuff to discover that there won't be anything that can upset or shine like Mango is doing for a few years...

I'm not saying that he won't play Brawl or something, I'm just saying that Mango could become more famous if Melee play were to continue instead of Brawl coming out (But then again I'm not saying that Brawl coming out isn't a bad thing, either...)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
mango is obviously a very quick learner guys LOL geeze

what is the new thing that mango discovered about the game? i'm not following, nair -> fsmash isn't exactly new haha

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol mango combo is too ****.

and obviously if he caught on to this game so quickly, don't you think he will catch on quickly at brawl?

oh well, it doesn't matter, i ***** him in FFA items yesterday with bowser, gimpyfish was there witness it.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I also tryed something new .. It involves jigglys Up-B..

****!!

Right Gimpy??

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Is it sing > fox charging for upsmash sliding off the ledge for SD?

'Cause I would REALLY like to know how I did that one. :/ (Stupid video I took of it erased itself.... *grumblegrumble*)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
o0o0o0o0o0oo0o00o
One day me and gimpy will record...And ill put it on youtube...
And ill the sing thing on.

Top Bottom