• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man to man or Free For All? What's your style?

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
As much as I like a 1 on 1 fight, I end up finng them boring quickly, specially if I'm fighting the same person. I normally only do it to see how much I impproved and can improve (although I DO enjoy it alot). My favourite one is FFA. Something about the ensuing chaos and how backstabbing and kill stealing people can be is actually pretty freakin' fun to watch (and suffer...).

So, what's your favourite play style?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I play 4 way free for all as much as I possibly can. Playing 1 on 1 match after match can get boring for me, especially if it's someone I've been playing Smash Bros against for my entire life (i.e. my brother ;))

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
My favourite are 1vs1 battles because they are just so awesome. Then Team battles because sometimes my friends don't help me. I don't really like Free for All because people always gang up on me, all the time =(

Kips

Smash Ace
One on one is my style. For one it makes it easier to keep track of things unless I'm playing Ganondorf (My favorite FFA character). For two it means people can't gang up on me. And for three, it's easier to battle one person then three. Plus I find it more fun because you can see all the action without getting distracted, and it highlights individual achievement more.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Depends how many people are around who want to play.

Though I prefer 1-on-1 battles.

Pandanda

Smash Cadet
I like 1v1. Mainly because when I do Free for Alls all my friends gang up on me :(

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Growing up I never had more than one friend to play with at a time, so even casually I enjoy 1 on 1s the most. I don't mind a good four player brawl now and then, but I find the computers... boring.

I equally enjoy tourney rules by the way, and can switch between playing tournament rules and casually pretty easily. ^_^

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
I like 1v1 then 2v2 and then FFA, but FFA is fun. I mainly dislike it because eventually I get double teamed for missile spamming ... FFA just get boring eventually - esp with items just so random and ppl double teaming being lame - 1v1 or 2v2 itemless way to go always interesting always a thinking game

PK2

Smash Cadet
Man to Man. Free for alls have grown annoying since everyone gangs up on me.:urg::(

It's so sad. I do team battles when I have more than 2 players for that reason.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
I prefer 1 v 1, because I like the excitement of battling your brain, skill and speed against another person's, without any distractions.
Next is teams, beacuse that requires teamwork (if friendly fire is ON)
And then FFA, which is a great laugh but not something that really gets me going.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I prefer 1 on 1, i'm not good at concentrating on several enemies at once, and my friend always goes immature if I attack him over a clearer shot on a computer, but I think team battle on Wi-Fi with my friend will be very funny.

Smash Ace
hmmm... I usually play several 1v1 matches against my friend... he's at the same level I am (maybe a little better than me even; I'm not sure how to calculate) s it's pretty fun, winning and losing on a semi-equal basis.
it all depends on what sort of mood I'm in though. When there's someone at my level (or higher), I'm fne with 1v1, when there's people that are easy to beat, let's jsut go FFA.
=2007=

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Due to the amount of people that usually end up playing FFA's happen very often. However some 1 v 1 matches happen and can be pretty intense as well. I like both.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I like both, , but I prefer the competition of 1 on1. and I like playing 2 on 2 better than free 4 all, but I'll play anything.

S2

Smash Lord
1v1 for sure. I like to play tournament rules because I'm always trying to improve.

I still play FFA, but only when we got 4 people who's skill gap is too big. Gotta say that I prefer playing team over FFA though.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
One on ones are the ****. I could play them all day long.

I'm not a fan of free for alls, but I do like team matches. They're definitely fun when you have 3 people over.

ace_skoot

Smash Rookie
My favorite game type is a 3 player free for all, when there are 4 players people tend to pair up and swap opponents, but 3 players has unique dynamic where there is teaming, forging and quickly break alliances to deal with whoever is first, and great moments where you being teamed on and yet you get in the zone and beat them both down.

elbryan

Smash Cadet
Ususally i am forced to play ffa's cuz i am a lot better than my friends, but my favorites are definitely teams. Always have liked working with a partner.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I dig the insanity of a free for all. Brawl's just one of those games that actually works well when a ton of **** is going on at once. But I think I still prefer good ol' fashioned one on one at the end of the day. Only problem is I'm not a technical fighter (I haven't played the game since I learned of wavdashing and all that a few months back)

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I'll play free for all if there are multiple people who want to play but I prefer 1 on 1 because you can't combo or edgeguard people very well in free for all and those or my favorite parts of the game.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
i thrive at one-on-ones. thats where my skill starts to really come out. when it comes to the 3 main match types its in this order:

favorite: one on one-(link)
Most Fun: Teams(pikachu)
very fun but too hectic for me: Free for all(random)

Hitzel

Smash Ace
For me, the best way to go is 1v1, hands down, but only if me and the other person are near equal in skill. If the people I'm playing with are of various skills, 4-man FFA's are more fun.

Tanea

Smash Ace
1vs1 i think are good because they let me focus on one person and i can work on my techs......but i love double team combos i habe to say that those are the best no matter what happens. then free4all is just crazy i cant decided nthe great thing is that they all come in the same game yes!!!!!!!!!!!

i can wait for brawl only 40 or 41 days left to play

Boofer

Smash Ace
I enjoy free for all more, but only if all 4 characters are human.

Top Bottom