• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Malon of the Lon Lon Ranch for Smash

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman

Malon is the daughter of the rancher Talon and she takes good care of Epona

Why?
She could be a cool character with a farm based moveset and it would add more females to the game

Supporters:
TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself
fogbadge fogbadge
EarlTamm EarlTamm

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm all for whacky, unlikely characters to join the game. Malon's appearances in the Zelda games aren't super important, but getting her in would add that sick Lon Lon Ranch song which is good :) Plus, I got some romance vibes between her and Young Link in OoT, which I thought was cute. I'd be super excited to see what kind of moveset Sakurai would create for her.

Count me in as a supporter.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
One thing Malon has going for her is she's not a one-off character & has actually appeared in 4 games: OoT, 4 Swords Adventures, Oracle of Seasons, & Minish Cap. Would've been 5 if Nintendo stuck to the original plan of TP starring the Hero of Time Link (Ilia's scenes with Epona were totally written with Malon in mind). Additionally her presence is indirectly felt in other games: Romani & Creamia used her models in MM, she is based off of Marin from LA so retroactively implied presence. & BotW had the remains of Lon Lon Ranch (or at least something that would make you think of said ranch).

Possible moves (in no particular order):
-Pitchfork
-Bow (ala Romani)
-killer musical notes flying through the air
-Summon cows
-summon horse
-summon cuccos
-Romani Chateau stat buff
-Holding cucco up B
-pushing milk cart (Minish Cap)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would want adult Malon instead just so we could have a fully grown Epona in her moveset. Anyway, she isn't in my top 10 when it cames to what Zelda chaaracters I would want in Smash, but I support non the less because she is a iconic character.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Already represented by Young Link's taunt. :ultyounglink:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Already represented by Young Link's taunt. :ultyounglink:
That would be like saying Skull Kid is playable but any of the Links are not and he has a Ocarina taunt. That wouldn't make sense to just say a certain object represents one character because the Lon Lon Milk also represents Talon and Ingo, not just Malon.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
where did you hear that?
Eh, I think maybe it was mentioned in Hyrule Historia? In any event TP has always been a glorified OoT2 with a heap load of callbacks or characters that were suspiciously similar to the OoT cast (E.G. Ilia is a composite of Saria & Malon, the new sages, Hero's Shade, Skullkid, concept art of Sheik in TP style that got used in Brawl, 4 ghosts in the 4th dungeon).

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, there is a pretty popular theory that Malon and the Hero of Time Link did eventually get together, which would give her even more importance. It is said that TP Link is a blood descendant to OoT Link, so he must have gotten had a kid Through process of elimination we can determine that Malon is the most logical candidate of the OoT harem, as TP Link is not part Zora, part Kokiri, a Gerudo or royalty. We can also conclude that Link is on great terms with her in the child timeline, as he has Epona with him at the start of the game. Add in Talons marriage question, Malon waiting for a knight in shining armor, the fact that TP Link is a ranch hand with a horse that may very well be a descendant of the original Epona(The original Epona was an A tier horse, so they would likely keep the family tree going), and the fact that TP Link knows Epona's song when the original song was noted as being taught to Malon by her Mother(Maybe that tradition continued as well), you get a lot of incidental stuff to go off of.

So needless to say, I would support this character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I think maybe it was mentioned in Hyrule Historia? In any event TP has always been a glorified OoT2 with a heap load of callbacks or characters that were suspiciously similar to the OoT cast (E.G. Ilia is a composite of Saria & Malon, the new sages, Hero's Shade, Skullkid, concept art of Sheik in TP style that got used in Brawl, 4 ghosts in the 4th dungeon).
right well i dont recall reading that in HH and to be fair a lot of zelda games have call backs WW has got a fair number of references as well

also the shiek design was made for brawl

Top Bottom