• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Tourneys Fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

sWorD LoRD

Smash Rookie
Hello friends and fellow travelers, I am something of a “newb” to these boards, this being my eighth post, but I hope to make a good impression on you, and to make a few new comrades in the procedure!
:chuckle:
I encroach upon you today with a conundrum of meager yet vast proportions: why is it that we, as Smash Fans (Brawlers if you will), have commenced to fear true freedom in this, our most beloved hobby of brawling? Is it the enormity of responsibility we so ferment against? The thought that we may, one day, be accountable (if not indeed accessible!) for our own enjoyment?
:confused:
Personally I believe that items should be allowed in tournaments because they would make the game more interesting. I know that many object to items because they are so random but what would halo be like if you just had assault rifles and couldn't pick up new weapons like snipers and rockets off off the earth. i could say the same for many games out there like what would mario kart be like without items or one of my favorite games of all time goldeneye be like without items. I will tell you, THEY WOULD BE NOTHING.
I want SSBBBMMB to be different from other fighting games because this game truly is unique. it features our favorite characters and a system we love (why else would you encroach upon this thread today to be reading it if you will without this game) so why not add something to it. i mean im tired of everyone on the internet making fun of smash fans for always saying final destination, no items, no fun. i want to bring the fun back to this game that just might get stale after a while. every game requires some unique features or feature or featurette evens but while soul calibur has different weapons (like swords which i am the lord of) brawl is just some characters fighting other characters who just happen to be our favorite characters like sonic mario the captain and snake from metal gear solid and maybe even some of the pokemon and kirby and my personal favorite character metaknight.
so there you have it, I believe that items should be allowed to give the game more interesting and add some longetivity to a game that looks like it came out int 2005.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Go to Brawl Tactical. There's a sticky there called "Item Standard Play". Read that.
This.

And also probably lurk more to understand why the competitive community shuns items in tournament play.

Otherwise, welcome to SWF!

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom