• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making that Rat Rabid

Anther

Smash Champion
I'm almost 30% positive that things related to what I'm about to post have been posted about somewhere at sometime in the Pika section, but they haven't really come up in discussion much as of lately here. Just some extra Pika tricks that can help give you the edge if you manage to hit some of those priority whores. They give your opponent a bit more to think about while they're playing you plus they'll make you look innovative as hell XD.

The Thunder Chase~
Anyways, the first is a thunder edgeguard. Normally people expect to get thundered if they're high above the stage platform... not particularly after they've been f-smashed into the top right corner of FD. Basically, all you do is jump off the ledge, double jump (To stop your momentum) and then thunder. Against Characters like Peach/Jigglypuff, that tend to stick to the top of the screen before they get close to the stage again, it'll likely get you a low% (Or high% >.>) ko in a zone people don't tend to get KO'd at...

Pika's indeed Super Wavedash~
Here's another tricksie that no one's seems to have ever really brought up, except for the Link case, is pika's Super Wavedash. Technically you can do it against any character, but it only really gains a partial use against characters that have a projectile that Quick attack can clank with.
At first I thought it only worked against Link's boomerang... until the other day I missed a sweetspot and quickattacked through a Falco's jab and ended up on the other side of FD. But basically, if you quick attack into the stage, and quick attack towards something that quick attack'll clank with, Boom, Pika's zipping across the level in a standing animation at Quick attack speed XD. now... I've only really had it do something positive against a link player, where he was recovering, threw a boomerang at me, and I super wavedashed behind him and F-smashed. I literally had chicks throwing themselves at me afterwards >.>.

But it also works to my knowledge against Mario/Luigi's/Mewtwo's/Pika/Pichu... well lots of peoples projectiles, Peaches Turnips(cept for stitchface >_>), clanks with a lot of D-smashes, jabs, easily, and whatnot... course, it's easiest if you just predict that someone's going to use a projectile.

But yeah.. I'm going on like it's extremely practical to use XD.

Just wanted to see what yall think and perhaps give a new move to add to your arsenal x.X...

N64

Smash Champion
That super wavedash thing is kinda cool. I didn't really know about it. I love different uses for quick attack, though, regardless of how applicable they are.

Another thing i've played aroud with but never really tried putting to use is ledge-cancelled quick attacks into aerials. If you quick attack in a direction and land right on an edge, you'll have enough momentum to slide off and cancel all lag of the quick attack. This means you can immediately do an aerial, another quick attack, jolt, whatever. This is demonstrated a little bit in Phillybilly's combo vid (Yellow Rat *******), but it'd be cool if further uses for it were experimented with.

Also, quick attacking through someone to steal their second jump (usually into an edgehog as well) is amazingly useful. It also looks really flashy.

This is now a thread about how awesome quick attack is.

Pine

Smash Ace
another use for that thunder thing is

a link hookshots u jump out and jum pback toward the stage while thunering so it hits off the edge hits the link up and u can f smash or something....it could prob work on anyone who recovers from below...

just a thought

Anther

Smash Champion
When Samus is recovering, screw jolt spamming, just jump out there and land on top of her doing no attacks XD. Then when you're getting to a point that you need to quick attack back to recover, do it.. and you might go through samus, flipping her around. I've seen a few Samus players Grapple backwards from this and wonder what the heck just happened.

SatanX

Smash Apprentice
i've gotten this sweet kill wit tha super wave dash too, i super wavedashed right behind him and up smashed. he was like WTF!!! lawl ^_^

Anther

Smash Champion
I've only really implemented it against Links... otherwise I've never really had other opportunities...
There have been instances where I know its gonna happen and I'm able to react without being frightened that pika's shooting across the screen, other than that... it's just cool XD.

Top Bottom