• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Smash4 Faster with Special Smash mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugoken

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
If we did that it would be on par with the speed of even Melee maybe even superior!!

I think they should consider this for online matches or even APEX or EVO, what do you guys think?

I posted a thread like this in tournaments just in case this inspires change or something lol!

I think its a pretty neat idea using fast smash to increase the gameplay speed, its pretty fun and epic too!

Firehyphen

Can wavedash in Sm4sh.
NNID
Firehyphen
Everybody would have to learn to play with new speed, characters act different with higher speeds, some might be unplayable due to being to fast like shiek. The speed of the game is fine, the game as the same problem brawl does of dieing at to high of % instead of 120 or so.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
I have tried out Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity. I will definitly say it's a lot of fun and targets to the Melee players. However, It will never be the tournament standard ruleset. It will likely be for side events/tournaments, though I do have a feeling it will get banned.

The reason I say that is because of these reasons:

- The stats on your equipment are completly random.
- It takes away the potential of the actual game itself from growing it's own meta. The only way I could see it not working if the meta for the original game doesn't succeed, which I highly doubt.

Muro

Smash Lord
I have tried out Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity. I will definitly say it's a lot of fun and targets to the Melee players. However, It will never be the tournament standard ruleset. It will likely be for side events/tournaments, though I do have a feeling it will get banned.

The reason I say that is because of these reasons:

- The stats on your equipment are completly random.
- It takes away the potential of the actual game itself from growing it's own meta. The only way I could see it not working if the meta for the original game doesn't succeed, which I highly doubt.
SLHG targets anyone that likes aggression, not just melee players.
- It is not completely random, it's not random at all, you and your friends can all easily get the sames stats.
- If it's run as a side event won't really impact the base game.

Lastly, this is really offtopic because OP is talking about fast mode, that you can pick in Special Smash.

@OP making it faster doesn't change gameplay mechanics, still the same game, but sped up.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
SLHG targets anyone that likes aggression, not just melee players.
- It is not completely random, it's not random at all, you and your friends can all easily get the sames stats.
- If it's run as a side event won't really impact the base game.

Lastly, this is really offtopic because OP is talking about fast mode, that you can pick in Special Smash.

@OP making it faster doesn't change gameplay mechanics, still the same game, but sped up.
Gues I didn't explain my post a little better.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
"Let's double human reaction time so rolls are unpunishable!"

Every new day on Smashboards is a true adventure.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
meta for the original game doesn't succeed, which I highly doubt.
Let me explain exactly why SLHG won't ever become tournament standard.
Up tilts.
that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom