• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Movesets

What moveset should I create next?

• Luma (without Rosalina)

• Gallade

• Mallo from Pushmo

• Marx

Results are only viewable after voting.

SmashBOis723

Smash Rookie

Trapped in a killing game with several other students, Makoto Naegi, dubbed the Ultimate Lucky Student, is the main protagonist of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, the first game in the Danganronpa series. To find the killer, or face possible execution, Makoto Naegi works with his fellow students, or rather Kyoko Kirigiri to be honest, to expose the killer's lies.

Before I start, I want to discuss a gimmick I devised for Makoto Naegi, though I haven't fully thought it out. I call it Blackened. In the Danganronpa series, whenever someone kills someone else, they become the Blackened, and has a chance to graduate, if they make it through a class trial. In Smash, if you play a 3 or more player match with Makoto Naegi as one of the fighters, whenever someone K.Os another player (excluding Makoto Naegi), they get a mark by their HUD in the shape of Monokuma's (the mascot character/antagonist) left eye. When this happens, they actually began to heal, and their attacks do a bit more damage, as if they've graduated to a different level. However, to make up for this, they take more damage, and their shields are always near to being destroyed, as if their lies have been exposed. The Blackened mark will be taken away if the Blackened opponent is K.O.ed. Makoto Naegi is safe from the Blackened status. (This is probably a bad idea.)

Anyway, with that out of the way, let's move onto the moveset.

Attacks:

Jab: Makoto throws one punch, before spinning and kicking two times. Note: Makoto's normal attacks are pretty weak.

Side Tilt: Makoto punches both of his fists together at the same time in a panicked fashion.

Up Tilt: Makoto points upward, as if finding a clue.

Dash: Makoto trips forward, hurting opponents along the way.

Down Tilt: Makoto sweeps the floor with his foot.

Side Smash: Makoto picks up the Justice Hammer #4, trying to lift it, and when the smash attack stops charging, the hammer's weight forces him to swing it forward. This is Makoto's strongest attack, but it has lots of end lag.

Up Smash: Makoto kicks upward, causing his shoe to fly upward. Only the shoe does damage, but the kick pulls opponents into the attack. This attack was inspired by Makoto's art in the opening.

Down Smash: Monokuma suddenly appears, and causes Spears of Gungnir to extend out of the ground from both sides of Naegi, piercing opponents. This attack doesn't launch foes, but it holds them in place for a while, depending on how long the attack was charged and how much damage the opponent has.

N-Air: Makoto Naegi does a small cartwheel in the air, like Villager's.

Forward Air: Makoto throws Hagakure's crystal ball forward, like Villager and Isabelle's forward and back air. It does more damage, but it slowly dwells into an arc.

Up Air: Makoto does a dropkick upwards.

Back Air: Similar to forward air, but backwards.

Down Air: Similar to up air. This has a rare, RARE, chance to spike foes.

Grabs: Makoto grabs with both arms.

Pummel: Makoto does a small headbutt.

Forward: Makoto pushes foes away from him.

Up Air: Monokuma suddenly pops out from underneath the foes, sending them upward.

Back Throw: Makoto throws them behind him.

Down Throw: Monokuma falls from the sky and lands on the opponent, exploding.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Truth Bullet
Makoto shouts "No, that's wrong!", shouting an energy in the shape of a bullet. This attack can be rapid fire by holding down the button or rapidly pressing the button, similar to Joker's Gun. This attack deals heavy damage to opponents shields, but they're weak on the bodies, doing 2% damage.

Side Special: Monokuma Grab
Monokuma appears in front of Makoto and shoots a chain forward, the same used in the first executions. If it connects with an opponent,, Monokuma will bring the opponent to Naegi. If this attack connects with a ledge, it becomes a tether recovery, where Makoto grabs Monokuma and uses the chain to get back up.

Up Special: Hangman's Gambit
Makoto grabs onto one of the letters from the Hangman's Gambit sections, being lifted up. The height and speed of the recovery depends on the letters A-Z. A being the slowest and shortest distance, Z being the fastest and longest distance, being able to reach the top of the blastline from the lower blast line of Final Destination! However, the Hangman Gambits are weak to attacks, being destroyed by even the weakest attack.

Down Special: Skills
Originally, I had the Spear of Gungnir be the down Special, being a counter move. But I decided since I already have Monokuma involved with one special, I decided to incorporate the Skills into this game. This will work similar to the Hero's Skills, where you can choose what skill you want at the expense of SP. Makoto starts with 50 SP, being able to equip multiple skills at once. However, the SP will not go back to 50 SP, even after Makoto is KOed. And the skills disappear after Makoto is KOed.

Here are some skills:

Extraordinary Focus: Makoto will become quicker, and his truth Bullets are faster too. Cost 2 SP

Ambidextrous: Makoto's punches do more damage, and grabs are longer. And, if another opponent is close, he could grab them too. However, they share the same throw input, so if you throw one opponent, the other one gets thrown at the same time. Cost 4 SP

Envious Influence: When Makoto lands an attack, he'll heal himself half the damage he did. Costs 2 SP

Cool and Composed: Makoto's special attacks will become more dead on accurate, and the letters in Hangman's gambit are reduced to letters M-Z.

I honestly dont feel like describing all the possible skills because I'm lazy. Just look up skills in Danganronpa and you could get ideas for them.

Final Smash: Punishment Time
In Danagnronpa, after Class Trials, the guilty person is executed. But there are so many, how can I choose one. . ? So i chose them all! When this final smash executes, Monokuma appears and pushes a button. Whoever is nearby when this happens will be executed. The camera looks in on the button's screen, matching the GAME OVER screen from Danganronpa, where a Sprite of the opponent is shown, with Monokuma walking and then dragging them, with "GAME OVER: (opponent's name) HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY. TIME FOR THE PUNISHMENT)." A cinematic cutscene plays where the opponent is standing around in the Class Trial room, looking around. If there are more than two players, the other players will actually be in the courtroom, looking at the guilt opponent like in the usual first execution. A chain suddenly appears and hooks itself into the opponent, before dragging them into the punishment:

The 1000 Blows: If the opponent has 0-35 damage, they will get Leon Kuwata's Execution, the 1000 Blows. The opponent is chained to a pole as a pitching machine appears in front of them, loading baseballs and starting up, with Makoto and possibly any other opponents watching from a cage, with Monokuma popping up wearing a baseball helmet and holding a bat, the "1000 Blows" title card appearing, where the opponents are pelted by baseballs fired from the pitching machine, ending with a close up of the balls closing in on the opponent.

Cage of Death: The opponents are tied to a pole on a motorcycle, being driven by Monokuma, who has something of the opponent (Ex. Mario's cap, Sonic's shoes, etc.), before driving into a large round cage, which becomes electrified. This final smash occurs when opponents have 36-50 damage.

The Burning of the Verasilles Witch: The opponents are tied to a post (seriously, what's with the people getting tied tonpoles in the executions) where they are burned by flames, before fire truck comes and rams into the opponent. This execution happens when the opponent has 51-75 damage.

Excavator Destroyer: The opponent are trapped under a pile of rubble, before Monokuma appears driving an excavator, before using that to ram opponents over and over. This happens when foes have 76-95 damage.

After School Lesson: The big one, the opponent are sitting in a desk (just imagine if Bowser sat in one XD), sitting on a conveyor belt as it gets closer to a crusher, with Monokuma giving a lesson, probably about math, since this is a kids game. The opponents are then crushed, instantly KOing them. This is if they have 96-999 damage.

And now, I have one more thing to say before I continue. I mentioned an echo fighter for Makoto Naegi. . .

The mastermind behind the killing game, Junko is Naegi's echo fighter for this competition.

Makoto's Taunts, victory screens and costumes:

Up Taunt: Makoto looks down before going "Ah-ha!"

Side Taunt: Makoto will pull out a Monocoin and puts it into a MonoMono Machine, which gives him a random item that soon disappears.

Down Taunt: Monokuma appears in front of Naegi, startling him.

Victory Animations:

1. Makoto looks at the screen and says "We can bring hope to the future."

2. Makoto slams his fists on his stand and shouts "I have evidence."

3. Makoto is shown running before tripping, causing one of his shoes to fly off his foot.

Alt. Costumes:

Makoto's costumes are based around the survivors of Danganronpa

1. Normal.

2. Brown hair, red jacket and darken skin. This is based off the Ultimate Swimmer, Aoi Asahina.

3. Makoto's hair turn white/purple, and his jacket turns a bright purple color. Based off the Ultimate Detective, Kyoko Kirigiri.

4. Makoto's hair turn blonde and his jacket becomes pitch black. Based off the Ultimate Affluient Prodigy, Byakuya Togami.

5. Makoto's hair turn dark purple with his jacket becoming dark purple. Based off the Ultimate Writing Prodigy, Toko Fukawa

6. Makoto's hair turn dark brown, skin darkens as his jacket becomes white. Based off the Ultimate Clairvoyant, Yasuhiro Hagakure.

7. Makoto's hair turns black, his jacket turning white. This is based off his sister, Komaru Naegi.

8. Makoto becomes completely monochrome, like his 8-bit sprite.

Junko:

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Junko makes the gopher face like her alter ego does.

Side Tilt: Junko gives a cute look to the screen, before smiling maliciously.

Down Tilt: Monokuma pops up beside Junko, who pats him on the head.

Victory Animations:

1. Junko is holding Monokuma, waving at the screen smiling.

2. Junko is shown having an apparent mental break down, repeating despair over and over

3. Junko is meditating, as fire slowly surrounds her and Monokuma.

Alt Costumes: Junko's costumes are based on the executed parties.

1. Normal

2. Mukuro Ikusaba's design for when she posed as Junko.

3. Junko's hair is bright red and her clothes are white, with the two hair ties becoming baseballs, one white and the other black. Based off of Leon Kuwata, the Ultimate Baseball Star

4. Junko's hair turns orange and her clothes turn black. Her hair ties are also in the shape of motorcycle tires. Based off of Mondo Oowada, the Ultimate Motorcycle Gang Leader.

5. Junko's hair is pitch black as well as her clothes. Her hair ties are now cards which have one heart on them, one side red and the other black. Based off of Celeste Ludenberg, the Ultimate Gambler.

6. Junko's hair turn light brown as her clothes turn green. Her hair ties are now in the shape of Alter Ego's face. Based off of Alter Ego.

7. Junko's hair is black as her clothes turned a beige color, her hair ties now in the shape of bullets. Based off of her sister, Mukuro Ikusaba, the Ultimate Soilder.

8. Junko becomes completely monochrome, like her Sprite. Also, if you use Makoto's/Junko's final Smash on Junko, Junko doesn't get dragged during the game over screen, but instead walks willingly with Monokuma.

Jumps: Two

Wall Cling: No

Call Jump: Yes (Junko only)

Crawl: Yes (Junko only)

Boxing Ring Titles:

Makoto Naegi- Ultimate Lucky Student

Junko-
1. Normal Design- Ultimate Despair

2. Mukuro Ikusaba's Costume- Ultimate Fashionista

And that about covers it for Makoto and Junko's moveset. It has been a while since I made one, and with the reveal of Hero and Banjo & Kazooie (Both of which are really great.), so it's good to be able to again. Until next time. Please give me your honest opinion

Last edited:

SmashBOis723

Smash Rookie
recordagger recordagger I had an idea about your moveset for Kokichi, ideally a Final Smash probably fit for the Ultimate Supreme Leader.

Kokichi Oma is the Ultimate Supreme Leader, so for his final smash, I imagine he doesn't get his hands dirty, much like how he didn't in V3. And the one he manipulates more is the good bug boi, Gonta Gokuhara. So here's a Final Smash idea for him: "Insect Meet and Greet."

When Kokichi activates it, Gonta will appear beside Kokichi, who'll stand on his toes and whisper something in Gonta's ear, most likely telling Gonta the opponent(s) hate bugs, causing Gonta to quickly rush forward, and if the joy stick is tilted back, and backwards to grab opponents. There, a cinematic cutscene will play where opponents wake up in the Ultimate Entomologist's Lab, with Gonta blocking the exit while smiling, and soon the opponents are swarmed by a large amount of bugs. This idea came to me when reading your moveset, and I tried to make my own final smash for him involving Kokichi's two main traits: lying and manipulation, as he is manipulating Gonta to take care of opponents, much like a leader does.

Top Bottom