• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making do.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=944]Making do.[/drupal]

Living in Australia can be really difficult sometimes. It's not like America. There is simply an extraordinary lack of support for competitive smash, which isn't helped by the lack of people stepping up to participate in and support it.

Some places in America would call a 40 person tournament pretty average, whereas I'd be over the moon if I could attract that many people to a tournament. Heck, even 30 people is a great accomplishment here.

I have to make do with what I have and it's a very big thing for all of us when even a single person leaves the competitive scene.

For all those of you who live in America, you should all value what you have. Even if smash in your area is lackluster, at least traveling to a tournament like GENESIS will be substantially cheaper for you than what it would be for me (If I decide to go).

Be thankful for the smash community you're a part of, and pour your all into it. Practice, get better and make great friends.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Good point.
I think you're totally right in saying Americans (like me)generally don't realize how lucky they(we?)are to have such a strong community.
I hope brawl works out well for u in the Ozzy land.

Browny

Smash Hater
How is the brawl scene in QLD? I mean like, is there more than there was july-spetember when brawl was the new big thing. I see a lot of melee talk, i hope thats not killing brawl off up there :( (in be4 brawl haters). in SA its grown since it came out but hardly any of the best players have stuck around this long.

Binx

Smash Master
A great deal of places in America are hard to get tournaments started in also, depends on the public transit, available community, amount of people with internet access, and population density. Big college's and populated city's will always have a huge advantage over smaller city's and towns.

As for the rest of your message, yeah good stuff.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
How is the brawl scene in QLD? I mean like, is there more than there was july-spetember when brawl was the new big thing. I see a lot of melee talk, i hope thats not killing brawl off up there :( (in be4 brawl haters). in SA its grown since it came out but hardly any of the best players have stuck around this long.
I think the Brawl scene in QLD is respectable enough. It's just a matter of advertising hard enough to get those players in.

Yeah, there's a lot more Melee talk, but, it's all talk and no action. Syke's retired and Juggy's in singapore so there's hardly any direction for the Melee scene. I'm trying my best to keep it afloat with tournaments I've got planned though.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
you're lucky, as far as i know, the only competitive smash is done in the eastern side of the state..

im in WA, sweet FA happens here

eastern side of Aus i mean ._.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
How far away from Perth are you?

Perth has Mic_128 and Bringer of Death! (Bringer of death being one of the top Melee Yoshi's ever).

Though, I guess I can say I am very lucky to have what I have here too.

Top Bottom