• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Charizard drop his Rock

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
I found out that Charizard can be forced to drop his rock. In order to do this, use Fox's reflector to stun charizard just as his rock comes out. The timing will take some trial and error, but you will know that it worked when you see the rock slowly fall and disappear. It may be possible to grab the rock, but I don't have another person to try this with. There isn't really any practical application for this, but could be fun. Sorry if this has already been posted, I used the search.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Charizard dropping his rock is a common occurence, and it doesn't have to be induced by Fox. Once it's dropped it can't be picked up, though I laugh at the possible uses for a projectile that does 45%.

Just wait until we figure out an AT that lets Charizard drop rocks and pick them up like snake shield drops grenades.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
You just have to hit Charizard before he smashes it with his head, I think. The problem most characters run into is not hitting the rock first, since you can hit it and then take damage because it essentially acts as if Charizard had broken it.

BTW, if you're Fox, may as well just Reflect it instead of make him drop it. =S

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dude if the rock did damage when it was dropped...that'd be awesome.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
are you sure it wasn't just a piece of the rock after it was broken? Actually I do believe there is a moment in his rock smash attack where he does damage just by simply having the rock out, you may have taken damage from the initial hit from the attack before knocking off his rock.

Mmac

Smash Lord
If the Rock was really An itemized projectile though, then people could just Airdodge Snag it right out of his Hands!

Top Bottom