• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make a Codec Call for the new characters

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Title. Come up with a Codec Call for any character that's in Ultimate that wasn't in Brawl. I would post an example here, but I'm not particularly creative, so I hope that the rest of you can pick up the slack.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
-Aux Call-
Raiden: "Snake watch out that isn't any ordinary swordsman! That's Cloud Strife!:ultcloud:"
Snake: "Yeah, his sword looks like it could cut a building in half with one swing and he's hurling it around without breaking a sweat!."
Raiden: "That's the Buster Sword. And, yeah, the damage it can do is almost immeasurable. He can also use his Limit Break to make his atta even more devastating."
Snake: "Ugh, great. So how do I beat him?"
Raiden: "Tagging me in is probably your best course of action."
Snake: "Not gonna happen."
-End Codec-​

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
-AUX Call, Frequency 141.12-

:ultsnake:: Otacon, there's this woman dressed like someone from the Greek era with long green hair...
:ultpalutena:: That's me you're fighting, silly.
:ultsnake:: What!? Who is this!? How did you get into this channel!?
:ultpalutena:: I'm a goddess, Snake. What did you expect?
:ultsnake:: I'd expect a little privacy...
:ultpalutena:: Well, knowing that I've gotten into your channel, know that you unfortunately won't be getting any outside advice.
:ultsnake:: Since you're right in front of me, is there a reason why you performed this little stunt?
:ultpalutena:: I simply wanted to play with you for a bit. You don't know me at all, do you Snake?
:ultsnake:: Why do you think I was calling for he-!? *sighs in frustration*

-CODEC Ends-

-AUX Call, Frequency 140.85-

:ultsnake:: I'm getting really bad flashbacks with this one...
:ultroy:: That's Mewtwo, Snake. He's one of the strongest Pokemon in all of existence. A Psychic type, he is well adept at using telekinetic attacks and powerful projectiles to keep you at bay.
:ultsnake:: *sighs*.....do I need to stick the controller to another port?
:ultroy:: Not ideally but it does gain you control of him while you can't move at all. Curiously, Mewtwo was genetically engineered after the worlds strongest Pokemon. Sound familiar, Snake?
:ultsnake:: Everything about this thing is a living nightmare...

-CODEC Ends-

D

Deleted member

Are potential not comfirmed as of now newcomers allowed? or is it Confirmed Characters only?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Are potential not comfirmed as of now newcomers allowed? or is it Confirmed Characters only?
What NonSpecificGuy said. Just somethin' for fun to celebrate Snake's return.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
...And of course, before I was able to make a thread for the one thing that I've been doing for over a week, I've been beaten to the punch.

Either way, this will be a masterpost of every single codec I write. No specific order or anything, but one codec will be written per day for each character, including Smash 4 veterans, Melee and Brawl returnees, and newcomers.

Codecs:
:ultgreninja:
Snake: ...I've dealt with weird looking people and creatures before in Smash, but Otacon, what the heck is that thing?

Otacon: That "thing" you're referring to is called Greninja, a Water and Dark type Pokémon. It's able to shoot shurikens made of compressed water from its hands, and can make swords from water too.

Snake: So it's some sort of frog ninja... it also seems to wear a scarf, but what is it made of?

Otacon: WAIT SNAKE, DON'T TOUCH IT, THAT'S ITS-

Snake: EUGH, it's all wet and sticky, just what kind of scarf IS THAT?

Otacon: ...that's not a scarf, Snake, that's its tongue.

Snake: ...well, that explains a lot. But why didn't you tell me that earlier?!

Otacon: I-but-you-f-forget it... just make sure to shower after this fight.

Snake: Right.

:ultmegaman:
Snake: Great, they let another young kid in here. Why do they think it's fine for us to beat up children? And what's with the blue get-up anyways?

Colonel: That's no ordinary child, Snake, that's Mega Man. He's a walking arsenal in the form of a child sized robot.

Snake: So he's a robot, and not just some ordinary human kid... What can he even do that makes him an "arsenal" aside from shoot lasers out of that cannon of his?

Colonel: Far more than you think. He uses the powers of various Robot Masters he's defeated in the past, including shooting mini tornadoes, flames, and bombs from both of his arms, as well as using other weapons like claws, swords, and blades.

Snake: Impressive... even a Metal Gear can't do all of that. Even with all of those weapons, he has to have some sort of weakness, though...

Colonel: I hope you still remember the basics of CQC, Snake, they'll be useful against Mega Man. Most of his weapons are long range, so the best way to take him down is by getting up close and personal with him.

Snake: Got it.

:ultdarkpit:
Snake: Otacon, what's with this guy? He looks, acts, and sounds just like Pit, but... edgier...

Otacon: That, Snake, is Dark Pit, an evil clone of Pit created by the Mirror of Truth. His personality is made entirely of Pit's repressed thoughts and feelings, and is far more aggressive than the original Pit. He also uses similar weapons and abilities as the original, so he basically has the same strengths and weaknesses.

Snake: So he's an evil clone... sounds familiar, right?

Otacon: Snake, you and I both know very well that Les Enfants Terribles is nothing like the Mirror of Truth, and you're also a clone too!

Snake: And yet Liquid is still the evil one, not me. Anything else that I need to know?

Otacon: No, just... do what you normally do.

:ultvillager:
Snake: Okay, who's the genius that decides who gets into Smash? The fact that they're still letting young children participate is starting to get out of hand, this kid doesn't seem to have any psychic powers, weapons, or anything else they can fight with...

Mei Ling: Oh, that's the Villager, Snake, they're the young mayor of the town called Smashville! Just because they may basically be a normal person doesn't mean they can't fight. Rather than using weapons or super powers, the Villager uses simple items including an umbrella, a bug net, and a slingshot in battle.

Snake: But it seems like all of these items are just coming out of nowhere, where are they getting them from?

Mei Ling: They have the ability to store many items in their pockets, just about anything can be stored in the form of a leaf back where they come from. Large items like a bowling ball, a shovel, and even an axe can be stored in their pockets.

Snake: An axe?! Why didn't you tell me about that before?!

Mei Ling: They don't use their axe to attack you with directly, they can plant a tree and chop it down in an instant with the axe.

Snake: Oh... but I'm still going to keep my distance, I get a bad feeling just from looking in their eyes...

:ultsonic:
Snake: Great, Sonic's here again, and I'm still not a fan. Any new dirt on him, Otacon?

Otacon: *staticy* ...Sna-...I...some-...inter-...

Snake: What the- Otacon, come in! What's going on?

???: Ohohoho... Don't worry about him, Snake, if you want information about Sonic, I'm just the guy.

Snake: Who are you? How did you get into this channel?

???: Who am I? Only the world's greatest genius, Dr. Ivo Robotnik! But you may call me Dr. Eggman.

Snake: Couldn't say I've heard of you before. Plus, the name Eggman is ridiculous, makes it seem like you're a giant talking egg.

Eggman: WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME! I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU DEFEAT SONIC!

Snake: More like trying to distract me from this fight. This call is over.

Eggman: W-WAIT, DON'T HANG UP, I-

:ultduckhunt:
Snake: Why is this normal dog and duck so annoying to fight? And where's all of this cover fire coming from?

Colonel: If you've played the original Super Mario Bros., then the classic game titled Duck Hunt should sound familiar to you, Snake. It came in the same cartridge as Super Mario Bros..

Snake: So that explains why these two are here... But it still doesn't explain where all these shots are coming from, though. Is there a sniper somewhere?

Colonel: Essentially, yes. This animal duo is being assisted by an unseen gunman, using an NES Zapper to fire shots to help with their attacks, just as if they were playing a game of Duck Hunt. The dog can also summon one of five different Wild Gunmen from the game Wild Gunman to attack you with and protect itself, but they can be taken out easily.

Snake: Interesting... You know, I wonder how good Ocelot would be at Duck Hunt, seems just like his kind of game.

:ultryu:
Snake: Hey Otacon, isn't that Ryu, that Japanese guy known all over the world for winning all of those World Warrior martial arts tournaments?

Otacon: Yeah, that's him! I can't believe you're actually getting to fight him!

Snake: He looks as tough as we've heard, and seems ready to take anyone on.

Otacon: You know, there's also that one thing I always really wanted to do with you if you ever met Ryu in battle... ...can we do it?

Snake: Oh yeah, that thing. Let's do it. aaahhh... HADOUKEN!

Otacon: SHORYUKEN!

Snake: ...Please don't tell Colonel and Mei Ling we do these things.

:ultganondorf:
Snake: Looks like someone got quite a nose job compared to the last time I saw him.

Colonel: Be on your guard, Snake, Ganondorf isn't fooling around this time. He's stronger than ever, and quite a force to be reckoned with.

Snake: Aside from the obvious wardrobe change, what's new about him that makes him so dangerous?

Colonel: That sword of his is the main reason, he now has access to attacking any opponent at a further range than ever before. His more youthful appearance also lets him move faster, ever so slightly, so watch out for him.

Snake: ...So he just has a long range weapon and is younger... that's it? Changed or not, I'm still gonna try to blow him sky high with C4s. Better than any old sword.

:ultpichu:
Mei Ling: It's even more adorable than I imagined!

Snake: This thing? It looks like it's just a smaller Pikachu, what's the big deal?

Mei Ling: That's because it's exactly that, Snake, a baby Pikachu! Pichu is the pre-evolved form of Pikachu. It can't store electricity well in its body, unlike Pikachu, so if it's startled, it can end up shocking itself.

Snake: That's kind of... sad. It's like I were to always blow myself up every time I used a grenade.

Mei Ling: Oh, and one last thing, Snake?

Snake: ...don't even bother, I've already told you NO! For the last time, I'm here to fight, not capture a mutant baby rat for you!

Mei Ling: ...fine.

Snake: ...look, I'm sorry, we'll talk after this battle.

:ultdk:
Snake: Hey Otacon, it's Donkey Kong, he sure looks ready to fight.

Otacon: Watch out, Snake! Apparently DK's bigger, faster, and stronger too!

Snake: I mean he is somewhat bigger, I'll give him that... Anything else new on him?

Otacon: Not too much, but I've heard that he also has a coconut gun, I'm surprised he doesn't use it here.

Snake: Coconuts? That's gotta hurt, getting hit in the face with something that big repeatedly...

Otacon: Not only that, but he's also the leader of a group called the DK Crew, there's 5 of them!

Snake: 5 of them? Huh, they must do a lot of monkeying around together...

Otacon: *groan*...

Snake: ...fine. Less puns, more fighting.

:ultmewtwo:
Snake: This thing... it's giving off a very weird vibe...

Colonel: That thing you're referring to is Mewtwo, a clone of the mythical Pokémon Mew, created by Team Rocket scientists, mainly a man named Dr. Fuji. They recombined the genes of Mew to create Mewtwo's body, but he lacks any and all compassion, being an extremely savage creature instead.

Snake: A clone, huh? Looks like we're in the same boat.

Colonel: He has extremely powerful psychic powers, so be on the defensive around him, Snake.

Snake: Psychic powers... I'll really start worrying about this guy if he asks me if I like Castlevania.

:ultshulk:
Snake: Real or not, that sword looks like it was a prop made for one of your anime conventions, Otacon.

Otacon: That sword is called the Monado, and the guy wielding it is named Shulk. And it's the furthest thing from just a simple prop, the Monado is an extremely powerful weapon.

Snake: It looks like it's just a giant red piece of plastic, what makes it so powerful?

Otacon: It can manipulate ether around it, being able to change the material and immaterial shape of the world. The Monado also lets the user have visions of the future, helping them predict their opponents' moves.

Snake: ...wow, that sounds strong. Yet this Shulk guy swings it around like a giant toy.

Otacon: Oh, I almost forgot, the Monado can only be used by a person with very strong willpower, anyone else that tries to control it will only hurt themselves.

Snake: That sounds messed up...

Otacon: I think that's enough from me before I start to fanboy over seeing Shulk and the Monado in action. He's so cool...

Snake: ...Right.

:ultyoshi:
Mei Ling: Look, Snake, it's Yoshi! Isn't he adorable?

Snake: I refuse to call him adorable, especially when nearly everything he eats comes out as an egg. His digestive system is the furthest thing from being normal.

Mei Ling: Snake, why are you so worried about that stuff? Eggs or not, he's super cute!

Snake: Not to mention, he also uses his tongue to grab people to eat, which is already disgusting without the egg part...

Mei Ling: Knock it off! *sigh* One day I'll get to ride a Yoshi, but until then, I guess I'm stuck with you talking about its digestive system...

Snake: Just the thought of being eaten alive by a Yoshi still creeps me out regardless of how "cute" it is.

Mei Ling: *groan* ...

:ultpalutena:
Snake: This is Snake, do you copy? I repeat, do you copy?

???: Loud and clear, Snake.

Snake: Huh? You're not Mei Ling... who are you?

???: No need to contact her when you have me to tell you everything you need to know about, well, me.

Snake: Wait a minute, you're the green-haired lady that I'm currently fighting? You definitely don't seem to be familiar with this technology, how did you get onto this channel?

Palutena: First off, you can call me Palutena. Second, there's no fancy technology involved in what I'm doing, just some telekinesis. After all, I am the Goddess of Light.

Snake: A goddess? No wonder you look so stunning.

Palutena: Oh Snake, don't make me blush, we're currently battling after all. As a goddess, I have many powers such as light magic, lasers, and teleportation. Just because I am beautiful like you said, doesn't mean I'm not going to go all out on you.

Snake: You're on.

:ultlucina:
Snake: Otacon, I thought that Marth was a guy, why does he sound like a girl and have longer hair now?

Otacon: No, Snake, that's Lucina, his Great Great Great Great Great... uh... actually, let's just say that she's his descendant by quite a few years.

Snake: Descendant? Are you sure I've only been gone for 10 years? It's now starting to look like 100 at this point...

Otacon: Well, she actually came back to the past from the future in order to stop the world from being destroyed by Grima, the Fell Dragon.

Snake: Time travel, huh... but isn't she potentially risking a time paradox by sticking around?

Otacon: Time paradox? Uh... you should talk to Colonel about that instead of me, I think he's more familiar with that kind of stuff.

Snake: Huh, alright.

:ultbowserjr: & Koopalings
Snake: Did Bowser have a kid or something? That turtle in the smiley face hovercraft looks kind of similar to him...

Otacon: Yes, Bowser does have a biological son, as well as seven adopted children. Whoever you're facing right now is one of them, and they're very dangerous, the Junior Clown Car they're in is loaded with weaponry like drills, cannons, buzzsaws, and wrecking balls.

Snake: Interesting... But how did they manage to fit so many things into that tiny vehicle?

Otacon: ...I don't think we should question that... Anyways, be careful around them, you never know what item will come out of the Junior Clown Car next. It could even be a giant tongue.

Snake: Giant tongue? Great, I hate having to constantly take showers after these fights... Third time today, even.

:ultfalco:
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Colonel, anything new about Falco?

???: Sorry Snake, but I'll be briefing you again about my fellow teammate!

Snake: What the- Oh great, it's you again... Sloppy Frog was it?

Slippy: Slippy Toad, to be exact, and I'm the furthest thing from sloppy. I'm Star Fox's expert mechanic!

Snake: Oh yeah, you did design the blasters and reflectors after all... Wait a minute, you promised me that you'd design a weapon for me the next time we met... Well?

Slippy: So... about that weapon... I haven't found too much time for it, Star Fox is constantly getting caught up in stopping intergalactic wars! Don't worry, I'll find some time, I promise I won't keep you waiting!

Snake: I guess even in space, war never changes...

:ultdoc:
Snake: Colonel, why is Mario wearing scrubs? I thought he was a plumber...

Colonel: That's not just regular Mario, that's Dr. Mario, Snake. His profession is eradicating viruses and diseases in the Mushroom Kingdom with his colorful Megavitamins.

Snake: Dr. Mario? So he got a medical license within the past 10 years...

Colonel: Mario has actually had this profession since the 1980s, he retired from it temporarily. He's not too different from his plumber persona, so most of the same strategies used to fight regular Mario should work here.

Snake: This going to be one heck of a physical...

:ultcorrin:
Snake: Otacon, what's the deal with this person? Are they a dragon or a human?

Otacon: Yes.

Snake: Yes? What do you mean by just "Yes"?

Otacon: Corrin is both human AND dragon, being a descendant of the First Dragons, having the ability to change to and from their dragon form in battle. They can even change individual body parts at will to dragon appendages, and use them to their advantage.

Snake: Individual body parts? Including their-

Otacon: YES EVEN THOSE! Let's keep this game away from being M rated, thank you very much...

Snake: Huh? What did you think I was gonna say? I was just asking about their back, they seem to be sprouting wings out of nowhere...

Otacon: ...Oh... forget what I said... Just... finish this battle...

Snake: ...okay then.

:ultkirby:
Mei Ling: Its Kirby, Snake! He looks as soft as ever... and hungry too.

Snake: I wonder... How is he always so hungry? It seems like at least half of his body is made of fat...

Mei Ling: I don't think it's fat, but I honestly don't know what it is... Marshmallows?

Snake: Marshmallows? His body looks nothing like marshmallows, it's a round pink ball! ...but does he taste like marshmallows?

Mei Ling: I bet he do- wait, WHAT?! TASTE?! Don't tell me that you're going to try to eat him, Snake! That's disgusting and wrong!

Snake: And whenever Kirby tries to eat me or someone else, you probably see it as "cute and adorable," don't you?

Mei Ling: *groan* ...

Snake: ...hypocrite.

:ultlittlemac:
Colonel: If you're a boxing fan, then who you're currently fighting against should seem familiar to you, Snake. Does the name Little Mac ring a bell?

Snake: I think I've heard about this guy before, wasn't he that underdog who won the WVBA championship years ago?

Colonel: Correct, he's the current WVBA champion, ever since he did what many considered "impossible" and defeated the former champion, Mr. Sandman.

Snake: I'm definitely not surprised that his victory was considered "impossible," he's smaller than I thought.

Colonel: He might be small, but he can hit surprisingly harder than you think. His deadliest move is the K.O. Uppercut, which can send you sky high if it connects. However, he's most vulnerable in the air, you'll have the upper hand if you can get him off the ground.

Snake: This is gonna be one entertaining fight...

:ultinkling:
Snake: Last time I checked, paintball wasn't this extreme... Mei Ling, what's the deal with this kid shooting paint all over the place? Something also seems a bit fishy about them, are they even really human?

Mei Ling: They're an Inkling, Snake, and they're a human-squid hybrid that can swim through their own colorful ink. All the weapons they use, including the gun and the giant paint roller are used in their own games of Turf Wars, where two teams of four compete to coat as much ground of a specific area as possible.

Snake: So it's basically extreme paintball but with squids and shooting the floor rather than each other...

Mei Ling: Well, yeah, I guess that's one way to describe it... Oh, I also forgot to mention, even though they're part squid, they can't swim in water, they dissolve as if they were made of liquid if they touch water.

Snake: Great, where can I find the nearest bucket of water? I want to win this fight quickly before my entire sneaking suit gets ruined...

:ultwario:
Snake: Gross, it's Wario. I don't care how cool his motorcycle might be, I want to be as far away from him as possible before I start to smell like garlic.

Otacon: At least you'll keep vampires away if you do smell like garlic...

Snake: Vampires? It's not like there's any vampires in Smash. And besides, the stench will keep everyone else away, just like how they avoid Wario.

Otacon: That reminds me... remember that guy named Vamp from Dead Cell? I wonder if garlic would keep him away as well, with him having superpowers as if he were a real vampire...

Snake: He's dead for good, Otacon, don't you remember? Now can you please help me deal with Wario? Anything new on him?

Otacon: Nothing new, just stay away from both his front and rear ends just like last time. Garlic stench or not, they're both nasty.

Snake: Right.

:ultsnake:
Snake: Colonel, do you have any idea what's going on? It looks like I'm fighting myself... again!

Colonel: It seems so... but how do I know that you're not the copy? For all I know, you could be the imposter, trying to get information out of me on the real Snake and everything that we know!

Snake: Are you kidding me?! You have to believe me, Colonel, I'm the real one!

Snake (2): Stop parading around with my appearance, I'm the real Snake!

Snake: What the- you got into this channel too?!

Snake (2): How wouldn't I, I know everything that you know... In fact, I probably know everything that you're planning to do!

Snake: And how is that going to help you? I know everything that you're going to do!

Snake (2): This is getting ridiculous... let's just settle this with our fists and see who's the real deal.

Snake: Fine.

:ultsamus:
Snake: I wonder where I could possibly get a suit like Samus'... Nothing is wrong with this sneaking suit, but it doesn't come with an arm cannon and all of the fixings...

Mei Ling: It's alien technology, Snake, which I doubt that you'll be able to get your hands on. Also, to even use her Varia Suit to its fullest potential, you also have to be very flexible and athletic.

Snake: I get that she's flexible, but how is rolling up into the shape of a ball that small even comfortable for her to do repeatedly? Shouldn't her ribs be crushed or something?

Mei Ling: Unless we ask her ourselves, I guess we might never know...

Snake: Or, I can steal her suit while she's not wearing it, and have Otacon take a look. I could probably even try it on.

Mei Ling: ...You probably shouldn't have said that out loud, Samus is probably angry now. Well, good luck fighting an angry space bounty hunter!

:ultcloud:
Snake: Otacon, look at the size of this guy's sword, is he really able to lift that thing?

Otacon: Wait, what?! I-is that...?! C-CLOUD STRIFE?!

Snake: I guess that's his name... what's the big deal, is there something very important about him that I need to know?

Otacon: N-no, it's just th-that... I think I'm gonna faint...

Snake: What? Faint? What's wrong? I need you to give me a strategy to deal with him!

Otacon: I-I can't believe it's really h-him...! After all of th-these years... *sigh*

Snake: What the- Otacon, are you okay?! Are you there, Otacon?!

Otacon: ...

Snake: Otacon?! OTACON?! OOOTAAACOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!!

:ultyounglink:
Snake: What the- did we travel back to the past or something? Link's a kid! What's going on here, Mei Ling?

Mei Ling: I'm definitely not the person you should be talking to about time travel... Thankfully, Otacon apparently left some notes on "every Link" that you might meet in battle, according to this title.

Snake: Well that's handy... What does it say about this little guy? He has a wooden shield with a red spiral...

Mei Ling: Let's see... okay, it looks like you're facing Young Link, who's apparently no stranger to Smash. There's not too many things that are different about him except his age and smaller body size, his Fire Arrows, and his... love of Lon-Lon Milk?

Snake: Milk, huh? He's a growing boy, obviously he should drink plenty of milk. But those Fire Arrows... I hope this sneaking suit is flameproof, or this game might become M-Rated...

Mei Ling: Snake, stop putting images like that in my head, it's weird, and you're also in front of a child!

Snake: ...Sorry about that.

:ultbayonetta:
Snake: Colonel, this woman has regular guns with her! What's so special about her that she gets to bring pistols and I'm just stuck with explosives and CQC?

Colonel: Those aren't ordinary guns, Snake, they're guns that fire magic bullets rather than regular ammunition. Her name is Bayonetta, and she's an Umbra Witch. Umbra Witches are able to use magic such as Bullet Arts to fight opponents, as well as summon demons through different mediums.

Snake: Demons? That's really... dark... How does she do it?

Colonel: Most commonly, Umbra Witches summon demons using their hair and chanting a spell. Bayonetta constantly uses hers.

Snake: Really? Her hair? That's ridiculous... By the way, I wonder if there's any scissors around...

Colonel: You'll only anger her if you try to cut it, and making an Umbra Witch angry is something you'll instantly regret, unless you want to get an uppercut from a giant demon fist.

Snake: Well, there goes that idea.

:ultrobin
Snake: Otacon, it looks like who I'm fighting is more interested in reading rather than fighting. That must be a really good book if they're reading it in the middle of battle, or they're trying to cram for a test...

Otacon: That's a tome filled with a wide variety of spells rather than any normal book, Snake. Robin is a spellcaster, being able to use powerful spells like Thoron and Elwind among others to attack, but that's only when their tome isn't used up.

Snake: What do you mean used up? Do they have to stop in the middle of battle to return their spell book to the library or something?

Otacon: No, that's not even close. After using so many spells, they're unable to use their tome and literally toss it away. Eventually they pull a new one of the same kind... out of nowhere... okay, now it seems really strange, saying it out loud.

Snake: Yeah, where in the world do they get more books? Are their robes actually like a giant trench coat that can fit about 50 of them? And where are they getting the money to even buy all of them anyways?

Otacon: I think we should worry about all of that some other time... This is getting more confusing by the minute.

:ultjigglypuff:
Snake: Jigglypuff again? Thankfully, I came prepared- Huh? Don't tell me... I swear I brought earplugs with me this time around...

Mei Ling: Missing something, Snake?

Snake: You've gotta be kidding me, Mei Ling. Why?

Mei Ling: Sorry, but Colonel wanted you to literally face the music and go into battle without earplugs or anything else along those lines. He considers it cheating when you're fighting Jigglypuff, because nobody else in Smash has anything to stop hearing her song.

Snake: *grumble* Well there goes my shot at becoming top tier...

Mei Ling: But... if you want, we can send a blanket and pillow to you for the next time you're facing Jigglypuff in battle...

Snake: ...you're not gonna let this go anytime soon, are you?

Mei Ling: Nope! Sweet dreams, Snake!

:ultmetaknight:
Snake: There's one thing about Meta Knight that's always bothered me, Colonel... How does constantly spinning like that not make him dizzy? Apparently it makes him stronger than everyone else...

Colonel: No need to worry about Meta Knight being considerably "overpowered," Snake, you'll be having a much more fair fight against him. Besides, he always prefers to give any opponent a fair chance in a duel with him.

Snake: If he wanted me to have a fair chance, he'd probably give me a sword. If anybody's good with a sword, it's Raiden, not me. By the way... any idea what he's even up to right now?

Colonel: Last thing I've heard was something dealing with a robot wolf and nanomachines... Otherwise, I'm not sure myself.

Snake: Sounds interesting... but not as interesting as fighting a knight with bat wings with just your bare hands.

Colonel: Take him down, Snake!

:ultrosalina:
Snake: Otacon, isn't that Rosalina, that lady who helped Mario save the princess a couple of times? Her star-shaped "buddy" is shooting giant rock candy at me!

Otacon: Those are actually Star Bits, Snake, but according to my research, apparently Star Bits actually taste like honey, believe it or not.

Snake: Who cares if they're edible, THEY HURT! Wait a minute, I just remembered, don't those little star guys call her "Mama?" What kind of mother forces her children to fight in Smash?

Otacon: *lowered voice* ...and what kind of father considers letting his 4 year-old son pilot a Metal Gear?

Snake: Huh? Did you say something?

Otacon: N-no, it's nothing... j-just focus on the battle.

:ultness:
Snake: Ness should have a family back home that worries about him, right? I wonder why his mother would let him participate in something like Smash at such a young age...

Mei Ling: I mean he saved the world once, so his mom should probably be fine with him fighting other Nintendo characters. And to think it all started with a meteor landing near his house, and an insect named Buzz Buzz saying that Ness and 3 other kids were going to save the world...

Snake: ...So his mother was fine with him leaving home just because a bug said that he was going to save the world?

Mei Ling: I think maybe it's because of another similar event that took place years before Ness' journey, she might've known that other boy that stopped another alien invasion all those years ago. If anything, she might've helped him.

Snake: Or it's probably a regular thing that happens where they come from, an alien invasion is attempted, only to be thwarted by some random kid with psychic powers every decade or so...

:ultridley:
Snake: Wait a minute, isn't this Ridley, that giant dragon who constantly fights Samus? I could've sworn he was bigger...

Colonel: Be aware of everything going on in this battle, Snake, Ridley is for certain your deadliest opponent here in Smash, and we can't afford to lose you. He might be not as big as you may remember, but he's still ruthless in battle, with plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

Snake: Why are you so worried, Colonel? I've fought Ganondorf and Bowser a few times and survived, I don't think there's too much that'll be different here against Ridley.

Colonel: Either way, he's still a formidable opponent, Snake. Don't get too relaxed, or you might end up on the dinner table for him and his crew of Space Pirates.

Snake: Speaking of the Space Pirates, how did he even become the one in charge of all of them? He seems more primitive rather than some sort of intellectual.

Colonel: As I've been saying, he's a deadly fighter, so his sheer strength likely persuaded the Space Pirates to make him their commander. Apparently brawn is more appealing to them than brains.

:ultkingdedede:
Snake: King Dedede is kind of interesting to me... He looks like a penguin, but he can fly by floating in the air, somehow. Thing is, is he even a penguin?

Otacon: I still don't understand how he's able to float with all of that weight... His body is mostly fat rather than anything else since he loves to eat food he steals from the people of Dreamland, the same place he's supposed to be the ruler of.

Snake: I'm surprised that nobody's tried to overthrow him, then. Is everyone way too lazy to even deal with him?

Otacon: Aside from Kirby and Meta Knight, it seems so. It's a cycle of sorts, where King Dedede steals food, and then Kirby defeats him, only for it to happen again after a while. I guess everyone's too lazy to even try to do anything else to protect their food, and just rely on Kirby.

Snake: But Dedede never seems to give up. Seems persistent and annoying to me. If I lived in Dreamland, I'd probably plant mines all around my house after the first time he stole my food. That'd definitely teach him a lesson...

:ultpokemontrainer:
Mei Ling: Out of Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, who would you pick, Snake? Honestly, I'm not sure who I'd pick out of the three... they're all adorable!

Snake: That's only until they evolve, and they're much stronger when they're evolved. Knowing you, you'd probably just stop them from evolving. Heck, you'd probably not even battle with them, so what would be the point of having one?

Mei Ling: Just because I would have a Pokémon doesn't mean I have to be a trainer and battle with them. I've heard that there's other things such as performance contests, musicals, movies, and way more that anyone can do with their Pokémon that isn't battling.

Snake: You've got me there. All 3 of them would be pretty useful in a variety of missions, if you think about it. I could hop on the back of a Charizard and use it at a getaway ride, or use a Venusaur to take out guards from a distance with its vines. And if I had a Blastoise, then no more needing to swim.

Mei Ling: You'd basically be using them as tools, and not treating them like living things! That just isn't right!

Snake: Yeah, I guess I'm fine on my own. Unless there's one that can help me turn invisible, that'd be useful...

Mei Ling: Here we go again...

:ultpacman:
Snake: I've always wondered this about Pac-Man: are those yellow dots that he constantly eats even supposed to be edible? Are they even supposed to be something other than just generic dots? What do they even taste like?

Colonel: Nobody knows for sure, Snake, and since Pac-Man seems to be fine with consuming ghosts, who knows if those dots were truly meant to be edible. It seems like he'll just eat anything that's standing in his way, or die trying.

Snake: Not to mention, he's also tossing perfectly good fruit around, shouldn't he be eating that stuff instead? At least there's no juice stains left behind from them, they're hard to wash out of my sneaking suits...

Colonel: That's the least of your worries, Snake, focus on keeping your distance from Pac-Man since he hits the hardest up close. However, you should keep your eye out for any bouncing fire hydrants, they hit harder than most other moves that Pac-Man has.

Snake: Bouncing fire hydrants? Where in the world does he get something like that?! Geez, for one of the most iconic characters in gaming history, he's also probably the strangest as well.

:ultlink:
Snake: Otacon, what's the deal with Link? He looks completely different compared to the last time I saw him...

Otacon: That's because this is a different Link than the one you fought before, Snake.

Snake: What? A different Link? What are you even talking about? This IS Link, right?

Otacon: The thing is, there's a bunch of different Links, all from different eras. They all have accomplished various feats in saving the world, with each earning a different title such as the Hero of the Wild, which is the Link you're facing right now.

Snake: But there's also that younger and cartoony looking Link that I fought, how does he even fit in?

Otacon: Let's just say things are kind of complicated in Hyrule when it comes to time-related stuff... Anyways, there's plenty of other Links, including the Hero of Twilight, the Hero of Light... and the Hero of Koridai? Strange, it looks like there's nothing else on this one, but it's probably a Link that some people want to forget for some reason...

:ultpeach:
Snake: Peach looks happy as ever despite being in a game like Smash, wouldn't you say? It's not like it's any better than getting kidnapped constantly, you instead just get beat up by others.

Mei Ling: She's got plenty of experience with defending herself, though, she's been around for quite a while in Smash and can definitely hold her own. Don't underestimate her innocent appearance, Snake.

Snake: Plus she's got that little Toad guy helping her out, and she even uses stuff like golf clubs and frying pans... Wait a minute, where do they even come from?

Mei Ling: She likely has plenty of space under her dress to store all of them, but I'm not too sure. Otherwise, it's probably a secret that should remain a secret.

Snake: Just like plenty of other things about women... by the way, remind me, what year were you born in?

Mei Ling: Nice try Snake, but you should never ask a women her age or her weight. You'll just have to find out yourself.

:ultmarth:
Snake: It's kind of weird thinking about how long Marth has been around in Smash for, it feels like quite a long while... but the length of his sword is kind of more ridiculous, it's definitely longer than other medieval swords that I've seen.

Otacon: Believe it or not, Marth was actually considered to be a character in the original Smash Bros. on the Nintendo 64, Snake. Even though Fire Emblem was a Japan exclusive title at the time, he was seriously considering as a fighter for the title, but was excluded because of time constraints. If he were in the game, he would've been around in Smash for longer.

Snake: Things like that is always pretty interesting... were there any other characters that could've been in the game along with him?

Otacon: Apparently Mewtwo was planned for the game, while Bowser and King Dedede were both cut during development. Who knows what the game could've been like if we also had them...

Snake: And who knows how different things could've been had I been able to participate in that melee they had 17 years ago...

Otacon: For the last time, Snake, that was 17 years ago, can't you drop it for once?

:ultmiifighters:
Snake: Remember that Wii console that Otacon got for us 12 years ago? There were those custom avatars that we all made, and it looks like I'm fighting one.

Colonel: So you do recognize the Mii Fighter, Snake. When we first made Miis, we used them in various sports and party games rather than any violent games like Smash, so seeing a Mii here is likely surprising to you.

Snake: Not really... at this point, it's not too surprising, having faced off against much stranger characters here in the past. Then again, who knows what kind of Miis I'll be facing, they're completely customizable.

Colonel: That's right, Snake, the possibilities are endless with Miis, you could be fighting the likeness of a celebrity, a politician, a cartoon character, or even an animal. And don't forget, there's three different fighting styles that they can use, so use each of their weaknesses to your advantage.

Snake: ...or they could be a shoddy recreation of me or any of you guys. Cheap knockoffs that'll never be as good as the real deal.

:ultwiifittrainer:
Snake: Gahh... My back is killing me all of a sudden, Mei Ling. It feels like a Metal Gear is stepping on me! Wait a minute, isn't that one of the exercise trainers from Wii Fit over there?

Mei Ling: I think maybe it's because you've been sneaking around the place too much for no good reason, but a person like them should definitely be able to help. They're a master at whipping people back into shape, and I'm pretty sure they can help you fix your posture issue.

Snake: What in the world do you think I even do when I'm not fighting? For what reason would I be "sneaking around?"

Mei Ling: I mean, it's pretty clear that you have somewhat of an interest in a certain bounty hunter...

Snake: ...Really? I'm just gonna change the topic and try to figure out how to approach the Wii Fit Trainer and ask them to help me with my back, I just want this pain to finally go away. As long as I don't have to use their dumb Balance Board thing...

:ultdiddy:
Snake: Otacon, have I ever told you how much I hate monkeys? I only realized that a few minutes ago when I started fighting Diddy Kong...

Otacon: Is he really giving you that hard of a time? I mean you did fight him previously...

Snake: AGH! Stop jumping around all over the place! Get back here! He won't stop fooling around!

Otacon: I mean he is a chimpanzee, so he's obviously pretty agile and light, especially compared to you. And he's "fooling around" because that's what any other monkey would normally do.

Snake: So that's how you wanna be, huh? Bananas? Have some grapes instead! And don't forget to remove that stem at the top!

Otacon: Really, Snake? He's smart enough to know that your grenades aren't food! That is, unless you painted them purple or something...

:ultwolf:
Colonel: Careful, Snake, Wolf has returned to Smash along with you, and he's prepared for everything that can and will be thrown at him this time. He might look somewhat different, but he's still very cunning when it comes to fighting.

Snake: It looks like he's been through plenty of stuff while away from Smash. That eyepatch of his definitely means a thing or two... either he's had plenty of brutal fights, he got bested by Star Fox again, or both...

Colonel: Correct, he's had many battles against Fox and his team, as well as doing general bounty hunting, where he's always risking life and limb just to get paid. It looks like he's already paid the price of working with Andross with half of his vision.

Snake: And I'm constantly doing the missions that I do, risking my own life just to keep the world from blowing up. Literally. Payment is always good, but having the satisfaction of having saved the lives of billions is always better.

Colonel: I couldn't be any happier to be on your side, Snake. Your skills have ended up saving the world so many times without innocent civilians realizing that their very lives were at stake.

:ultlucario:
Snake: Lucario has always stood out from everyone else in Smash to me because of how he has "the aura." Seriously, how does his "aura" thing even work?

Mei Ling: I'm guessing that just saying his lifeforce is not a good enough explanation for you at this point. If that's the case, I'm not sure if I can answer that question, Snake.

Snake: True, it's not like either one of us, or Otacon or Colonel is an expert on everything to do with Pokémon. There's many other things that we don't know about them.

Mei Ling: If anything, a Pokémon Professor or a Nurse Joy could answer all of our questions that we have about Pokémon, but we have too many to even list!

Snake: Wait, I just realized, when I teamed up with Lucario 10 years ago on that one mission, he was able to see me through my cardboard box... Last I heard, his "aura" doesn't grant him X-Ray vision, does it?

Mei Ling: Huh, that is strange... maybe the Pokédex just quite isn't 100% complete yet!

This post will be updated daily with every codec I write, but each codec will always be posted first in the Smash Ultimate General Discussion thread. Regardless, there is a link to this post in my signature so everyone can read every codec I've wrote, in case someone missed out on reading a previous codec.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Here's one I made for Pacman a while back.

Snake: Otacon, what do Pac Pellets taste like? Is it true they taste like cookies?
Otacon: What? How can you think of food when you're in such serious trouble? You're fighting Pac-Man, Snake!
Snake: So? All he does is run away from ghosts and eat pellets.
Otacon: That's exactly the point, Snake! Years of escaping from ghosts whilst trapped in a maze has made him a master of evasion and turning the tables! He's lead whole armies of ghosts around a corner just to lead them into a trap that devours them in seconds! He's got other tricks, too! Butt bounces, pac dot shots, rev rolls, the list goes on!
Snake: Yeah, but he can't harm me if he doesn't get a power pellet, right?
Otacon: Not quite, Snake. Pac-Man may need power pellets to deal with ghosts, but he's more than capable of unleashing his fists on a physical opponent... or his mouth, if he's hungry.
Snake: What?!? Urgh, no wonder he's wearing such a predatory smile. He was waiting for me to make a mistake all this time! So, Otacon, how do I beat Pac-Man?
Otacon: You can't.
Snake: WHAT?!?
Otacon: The game was intended to go on indefinitely, but a glitch in the programming means level 256 is unbeatable, so...
Snake: That's not what I- You know what? Never mind. I'll just try painting my grenades yellow, maybe that will fool him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently made the following concept, which has Solid Snake speaking to Mei Ling for information on Rosalina.

:ultrosalina:Rosalina
  • Mei Ling: I see that you're fighting Rosalina, Snake.
  • Solid Snake: I guess so, but what's with the star-shaped creature that's following her? It's constantly firing colored rocks at me.
  • Mei Ling: That is a Luma, and the colored rocks are actually "Star Bits". From what I've read, Star Bits taste like honey, and are a Luma's favorite delicacy.
  • Solid Snake: Edible or not, they still hurt.
  • Mei Ling: Also, the Lumas refer to Rosalina as their mother, often calling her "Mama". Apparently, Rosalina had a hard past when she was just a child. But the Lumas changed her life, and they became her new family. She now does whatever it takes to keep them healthy and strong. Doesn't that sound sweet?
  • Solid Snake: But why is Rosalina letting her adopted children fight by her side? It just doesn't sound right.
  • Mei Ling: Believe it or not, Lumas will risk their lives to protect Rosalina. They have a strong bond that can't be broken so easily.
  • Solid Snake: That almost sounds like another duo that I've fought before...
  • Mei Ling: And if one Luma falls, another one will eventually take its place.
  • Solid Snake: So, I guess separating the two isn't a permanent solution to beating them. No matter, I'm pretty sure some good hits will keep that Luma away for a while.
  • Mei Ling: Oh, and Snake, please don't hurt the Lumas too much. They're just so cute to look at.
  • Solid Snake: Seriously? I can't afford to be soft in this fight, or else I might see myself soaring into outer space!
  • Mei Ling: ........

grizby2

Smash Lord
I wanna hear more non-confirmed character codecs!

i'll give it a go.

SHANTEA

*beep beep*

*sheOM*

Mei Ling: such graceful moves! I wish I could dance like that.
Snake: it looks more like martial arts to me.. wait did she transform into an animal? just WHO is she?
Mei Ling: that's Shantea. shes a half-genie, and the protector of scuttle town. she can use magical dances to turn herself into various creatures, cast spells, use her hair like a whip, and much more.
Snake: *grumbles*
Mei Ling: what's the matter?
Snake: all that bouncing around is getting on my nerves... plus I think I have a hair in my mouth! Is she even taking this fight seriously?
Mei Ling: well, she is rather upbeat. having good morale can often turn the tide of battle. fighting isn't always for survival snake! sometimes you just have to enjoy yourself!
Snake: "if you can't beat'em, join'em"
Mei Ling: now you get it!
Snake: emphasis on "if"...

*SHHEEom bzft*

GENO

*beep beep*

*sheOM*

Otacon: SNAKE! Do you have any IDEA who that is?!
Snake: Can't say that I do...
Otacon: That's Geno! the warrior of Star Road! He's legendary!
Snake: legendary? he just looks like a wooden doll... it kinda creeps me out.
Otacon: Don't let that fool you snake. he's actually a celestial being inside the doll, and he puts it to good use! its equipped with arm cannons that can discharge powerful ranged attacks! hes also quick on his feet as well! so be on guard.
Snake: I'm no stranger to projectiles. any ideas on how to beat him?
Otacon: well, his wooden frame makes him light. weaken him first, then hit him with a powerful move to send him flying.
Snake: got it. anything else?
Otacon:i don't know...but I get the feeling you'll be facing him ALOT. so study his moves well.
Snake: time to cut the strings off the puppet.

*SHHEEom bzft*

Pit: whos the puppet?
Viridi: his name is... uhhh..hard to pronounce..
Palutena: its ♪!? *makes an odd noise*
Pit: heart, music note, exclamation point, question mark?
Palutena: *laughs* I here he goes by "Geno" as well.
Viridi: well I'VE got nothing on this guy.
Palutena: i'll fill you guys in. Geno is a star warrior from Star road. what you're seeing isn't really his true self though. hes actually a star, piloting that little doll.
Pit: sounds like a bad choice to me. I would have chosen a big robot or something.
Palutena: well, hes helped Mario save the world with it. maybe hes just more comfortable with something that size.
Viridi: so what, hes another one of peaches lackies like Mario and luigi?
Palutena: no, according to him he "serves a higher authority"..he seems like a dedicated soldier..
Viridi: unlike someone ELSE we know..~
Pit: hey! I serve a higher authority TOO you know!
Palutena: you need to focus pit, hes a level-headed seasoned fighter. he's nimble and his arms can turn into lethal canons that fire bullets and energy blasts. focus on reflecting his attacks and you should do fine.
Pit: focus..alright. got it!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would personally love to see Snake's codec with Bomberman, as Smash wouldn't be the first time they were both featured in a fighting game, period, let alone one where victory requires something other than "reduce opponent's hit points to 0"; knowing Snake, he would be sure to comment on that.

Found this guy on Youtube, he did an incredible job to create new codec calls for Ultimate.

Here's a few:

Last edited:

Jack Of All Trades

Smash Rookie
here is the pac man codec :ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman:

Mei Ling: Snake, that is that guy i told you i liked

Snake: you like THAT Abomination

Mei Ling: SHHHH, you will make it go nuts

Mei Ling: his pellets can deal a small enough of damage, but he is agile with his moves

Snake: why does everyone like him

Mei Leng: because he is iconic, he was a guy from the atari days

Snake: the only game i recommend is Metal Gear on the NES

Mei Leng: you made it angry

Snake: dont worry, i will hide in my box... bye

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
:ultsnake: vs. :ultcloud:

Snake: I've never seen a sword quite so big - how could a scrawny little guy like that even carry it?
Otacon: Cloud is anything but scrawny, Snake. In fact, he's arguably one of the strongest fighters here!
Snake: He must be, if he's able to wield a weapon so... unwieldy.
Otacon: That's the Buster Sword. It's a weapon passed down to Cloud from his friend, Zack Fair.
Snake: Better be careful. Some people might not like spoilers.
Otacon: ...right. Anyway, Cloud's a former SOLDIER, a member of the military force of the Shinra Electric Power company.
Snake: What kind of power company needs an armed military force? I mean, I guess it'd be useful for collecting unpaid bills, but still, that seems a little drastic.
Otacon: Snake, we've got a lot to get through, so would you mind just letting me finish?
Snake: With all due respect, Otacon, I don't have time for an hour-long lecture on yet another JRPG protagonist... not after last time, and definitely not during this fight!
Otacon: ...fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had to make the following conversion to go alongside Isabelle's reveal. Even Solid Snake has to be shocked about her playable promotion.

:ultisabelle: Isabelle
  • Solid Snake: Oh great, another one of those cutesy animals...
  • Colonel: What is it Snake?
  • Solid Snake: It's this dog who's wearing female clothing. It doesn't even look like a fighter!
  • Colonel: Based on your information, you must be referring to Isabelle.
  • Solid Snake: Isabelle?
  • Colonel: Isabelle lives at the same village as the Villager, serving as the mayor's secretary. She's a hard-working individual, but has been known to be on the clumsy side.
  • Solid Snake: Hold on, if Isabelle is the mayor's secretary, then why isn't she back at work? I mean, she's too much of a pacifist to be a threat.
  • Colonel: Careful Snake. Isabelle might not look the part, but she has her own set of tools that could mess you up. Be on your guard at all costs.
  • Solid Snake: If she's anything like that Villager, then perhaps it is a mistake to underestimate her. Very well, pacifist or not, I'll still give it my all.
  • Colonel: That's the spirit, Snake.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
:ultsimon:

:ultsnake::Hey that's good old Simon! He looks better than ever!

-Otacon: Yes, even tho his equiment is no match for yours...

:ultsnake::Never underestimate an enemy because of what weapon they hold. Besides, he fought and won against the Prince of Darkness two times with those weapons! He surely deserves respect for that.

-Otacon: Yeah, but I'm sure you too would have no problem against Dracu-

:ultsnake:: Don't. Say. His. Name.

-Otacon: What, you aren't afraid of a simple vampire from the Middle Ages, right?

:ultsnake:: Over and out.

I also wrote one for Elma if she is confirmed:

:ultsnake::Mei Ling, is that Colonel Elma?

-Mei Ling: That's right, Snake. She played a big role in the Earth's defense when the alien faction named Ganglion attacked, and she also helped the human race prepare their escape when the planet was doomed.

:ultsnake::Uh, I though I would have been informed if Earth was endangered by something even worse than Metal Gear...or that it was destroyed

-Mei Ling: She is now a member of BLADE, an organization made with the purpose of exploring and colonizing planet Mira. Isn't it inspiring? That even after those people lost everything in battle, they still try their hardest to survive?

:ultsnake::War can take and destroy, but it will never stop mankind to try to leave a mark of their life in the universe.

-Mei Ling: Hey, that could be a new proverb!

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Eh, why not. It's fun.

Snake: Otacon, there's a guy walking around.
Otacon: A guy?
Snake: Yeah, he's running around punching people. He doesn't even have any weapons!
Otacon: Snake, be careful, that's Ryu! He's one of the most disciplined fighters in the whole world. He travels the world searching for new challengers. Ryu battled dictators, aliens, vigilantes, robots, you name it.
Snake: So he's a mercenary...
Otacon: Not quite. Ryu is a master of martial arts, and has honed his skills to the point that his entire body is a weapon.
Snake: I've heard that line before.
Otacon: Ryu's the real deal. Look out for his Hadoken, he'll use it to close the gap and get in close for a vicious uppercut known as the Shoryuken.
Snake: Maybe he can teach me how to do that... Hadoken!

Snake: Colonel, there's some barbarian with a whip running around.
Colonel: You're talking about Simon Belmont, one of the most famous of the Belmont clan of vampire hunters.
Snake: Big deal, I've fought vampires before.
Colonel: Have you fought werewolves, demons, skeletons, and mermen before?
Snake: *GRUMBLE*
Colonel: Don't underestimate Simon because his weapons are archaic. His whip, the Vampire Killer, is a legend for good reason. Its reach and flexibility allow Simon to cover all angles of approach, and what his whip can't reach, his other tools can.
Snake: When you're a one man army, you have to watch your own back.
Colonel: You and Simon are a lot alike, Snake. You should be proud of that.

Snake: Who's the fat crocodile? His eye is giving me the creeps.
Mei Ling: That's King K Rool, Snake. He's the sworn enemy of Kong Island and has tried to conquer it many times before.
Snake: Then what's with the pirate hat? I thought he was a king.
Mei Ling: King K Rool seems to have issues with identity. Every time a scheme of his fails, he goes back to the drawing board. He's called himself a king, a pirate, a mad scientist, and even a championship boxer.
Snake: Sounds like a quitter to me.
Mei Ling: You would think so, but is he really? What's the shame in realizing something doesn't work and trying something new? Sure, he may not be successful, but he doesn't give up.
Snake: That makes him an unpredictable opponent. There's no telling what he could pull out next.
Mei Ling: If there's one thing that is consistent, it's his ego. His attacks leave him wide open, you can use that against him.

Mei Ling: Snake, be careful!
Snake: I didn't know you cared that much, Mei Ling. I'm flattered.
Mei Ling: I'm talking about Pichu!
Snake: What, that little runt? This fight should be a cakewalk.
Mei Ling: Snake, Pichu is only a baby. It doesn't know how to control its electrical powers yet, so even the tiniest shock could hurt it. The more it uses them, the more it puts itself at risk. Imagine being so helpless...
Snake: So it's even easier than I thought?
Mei Ling: Snake, Pichu probably doesn't even know this is a real fight. The poor little thing... Snake, don't be too mean to it...
Snake: Fine...

Snake: Is that Ridley?
Otacon: It sure is. He's even scarier up close. Snake, you have to treat Ridley with more caution than any other fighter!
Snake: Why? He looks slow and untrained. Samus must have it easy.
Otacon: Ridley looks like a big dumb monster, but he's actually very intelligent. He's the mastermind behind a criminal empire that gives the entire Galactic Federation a reason to be afraid. With that much experience, he's not the type to overestimate himself.
Snake: So what you're saying is...?
Otacon: I'm saying that Ridley knows his attacks are overkill. He enjoys watching his enemies squirm, and you're no exception!
Snake: That's... honestly terrifying.
Otacon: You can beat him, though. Ridley may be strong, but he lacks reliable ranged attacks. Samus aims for his mouth, it seems to be his weak spot when he charges up his fireball attack.
Snake: Got it.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping for the Simon Belmont codec (assuming codecs come back) they make a reference to DreamMix TV.

Perversion

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 3699 5960 3002
:ultsnake: x Joker.

:ultsnake:: Who's the kid in the mask?

Mei Ling: That's Joker, the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts!

:ultsnake:: So he's a thief, huh? He seems a little bit too flashy to be someone who sneaks about.

Mei Ling: And yet a highly trained soldier in the art stealth totes around explosives.

:ultsnake:: ...

Mei Ling: Anyways, Snake, Joker is what is known as the Wild Card. Unlike his team members who have specific alter egos, known as Personas, Joker can adapt to his surrounding adopting different Personae in battle. Although, he is most known for his utilization of Arsene.

:ultsnake:: So he relies entirely on these alter egos, that's good to know, perhaps we can exploit that.

Mei Ling: I wouldn't be so sure. Joker and his gang also utilize firearms and melee weapons. Making him just as versatile on the battlefield as you are, maybe even more so.

:ultsnake:: A kid that young, already resorting to criminal activity and using weaponry... I wish I didn't have to say that I'm used to seeing such things now.

Mei Ling: Oh, you misunderstand! The Phantom Thieves actually use their powers to enter the psyche of their targets and the treasures within their victims that set them on route to having such a distorted personalities. Often leaving them to apologize for their crimes due to the guilt of their actions now being overwhelming. Their weapons are actually fake, and only are perceived real within the psyche of their targets.

:ultsnake:: So much for being fake, the weapons seem and feel pretty real to me.

Mei Ling: Well then, Snake, perhaps you're the next target that they've targeted to steal a treasure from! You better watch out.

[Call End]

PF9

Smash Lord
Pichu

Mei Ling: It's so adorable!
Snake: Not this again...
Mei Ling: That's Pichu, the pre-evolved form of Pikachu
Snake: I can see the resemblance to Pikachu
Mei Ling: Pichu may be just a cute little baby, and does harm itself when shooting out electricity, but even so, those attacks can hurt you more than they hurt Pichu.
Snake: I can tell you Ocelot's torture device was much worse than this. And please don't ask me to catch this one like you did Pikachu.
Mei Ling: I wouldn't think of it. But I just can't get over how cute this little guy is.
Snake: That's your biggest weakness.
(end)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Snake: Otacon, is this guy throwing crosses at me?

Otacon: He sure is. Do you know who that is, Snake?

Snake: He kind of looks like someone I know...

???: He’s called Richter Belmont, and he’s a formidable opponent indeed.

Snake: What the?! Who is this?! How are you talking to me?!

???: Calm yourself. I am Alucard, speaking to you telepathically. I only wish to provide you with knowledge concerning this man.

Otacon: Hey! That’s my job!

Alucard: In a similar vein to yourself, Richter is armed thoroughly with weapons to handle any opponent. I’m afraid your versatility will not give you an edge here.

Snake: Did that water bottle just burst into flames?

Alucard: Take notice of his arsenal and how to circumvent it, and above all else do not allow yourself to be struck by his Vampire Killer. Closing the distance is your priority. If you can engage him up close, you may have the advantage.

Snake: Hand to hand combat, eh? I think I can do that.

Last edited:

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
I would enjoy if they added this feature but I understand why they can't

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
:ultsnake: x Joker.

:ultsnake:: Who's the kid in the mask?

Mei Ling: That's Joker, the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts!

:ultsnake:: So he's a thief, huh? He seems a little bit too flashy to be someone who sneaks about.

Mei Ling: And yet a highly trained soldier in the art stealth totes around explosives.

Mei Ling: Anyways, Snake, Joker is what is known as the Wild Card. Unlike his team members who have specific alter egos, known as Personas, Joker can adapt to his surrounding adopting different Personae in battle. Although, he is most known for his utilization of Arsene.

:ultsnake:: So he relies entirely on these alter egos, that's good to know, perhaps we can exploit that.

Mei Ling: I wouldn't be so sure. Joker and his gang also utilize firearms and melee weapons. Making him just as versatile on the battlefield as you are, maybe even more so.

:ultsnake:: A kid that young, already resorting to criminal activity and using weaponry... I wish I didn't have to say that I'm used to seeing such things now.

Mei Ling: Oh, you misunderstand! The Phantom Thieves actually use their powers to enter the psyche of their targets and the treasures within their victims that set them on route to having such a distorted personalities. Often leaving them to apologize for their crimes due to the guilt of their actions now being overwhelming. Their weapons are actually fake, and only are perceived real within the psyche of their targets.

:ultsnake:: So much for being fake, the weapons seem and feel pretty real to me.

Mei Ling: Well then, Snake, perhaps you're the next target that they've targeted to steal a treasure from! You better watch out.

[Call End]
I love this so much..

NamesOA

Smash Rookie
:ultsnake:: Otacon, why is there a potted plant running around the field?
Otacon: That's piranha plant snake don't underestimate him just because he's a plant.
:ultsnake:: What could this thing possibly do? It looks like a venus fly trap.
Otacon: He's a heavy-weight fighter so he hits hard! He can also materialized spiked balls to shoot at you and spit out poison that does major damage.
:ultsnake:: Hm... maybe i should be on my guard
Otacon: Watch out! if you see it retract into its pot get as far away as possible, trust me.
:ultsnake:: Affirmative.

-Codec Ends-

Top Bottom