• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majora's Mask Music Project

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Link to original post: [drupal=4862]Majora's Mask Music Project[/drupal]

So pretty much everyone in UB knows MM is my favourite game, and part of that is the incredible score Koji Kondo put together. So naturally I've tried to learn a couple pieces here and there, ad come to realise I could probably learn them all. Yes, every single one. Well okay maybe I'd cut out a couple of the tracks that I didn't feel were in any way really significant, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, so Teran you're learning a bunch of songs from Majora's Mask, that's great, but not really reason to make a blog!

^ Some douche would probably make that post so I'll just preemptively interject.

I have better plans than just learning them all, I plan on using all the pieces and weaving together in an order that will tell the story of Majora's Mask, if you will. Basically think of it like this, the first bit of music would be Majora's theme, the chase sequence theme, Majora's theme, Clock Town ---> etc etc

Basically, tell the story in a sequence of music. Basically it would end up being one, long arduous performance that I'd have to remember, but hey, I like to set myself odd goals, and I just thought I'd share them with you for no good reason other than I ****ING CAN AND THAT'S THE POINT OF USER BLOGS OMG.

Suppose I'll list the pieces I can play:

Oath to Order/Giants' Theme
Deku Palace
Song of Healing
Stone Tower Temple

Working on:
Termina Field
Zora's Domain

etecoon

Smash Hero
MM is also my favorite game in the zelda series and I considered doing something similar at some point, any plans of recording and uploading this?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If I do record and upload, it'd have to be perfect (I'm like that), and I'd have to actually get a mic or camera or something.

I can't record it straight from the piano because I have an acoustic so yeah.

But hey if I do at least it would sound better.

So the answer is possibly, if I feel it's good enough I'll make the effort.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol it will take MONTHS at least for me to even get to the stage of a possible recording.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcZ7OSE6z7s

edit: good luck with your efforts I look forward to hearing it
Dude.... this guy is amazing!

Meanwhile... Teran, I'm impressed! Having performed an hour+ solo recital I can tell you that it'll be quite a challenge, but it really depends on your ability to remain focused if you actually want to record the ordeal. I'm curious, how have you learned these songs, is it by sheet music or did you pick them out yourself? If it's the latter then it means you've technically made your own arrangement which would be awesome if you can reproduce it over and over. If it's sheet music, that's a bit easier because you can simply learn each song at a time and then just play them in the order you prefer. Either way, it's great to see someone so enthusiastic about such a lovely set of music.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I like this idea a lot. If there's something you need help with/need to know musically, I eagerly await. :)

D

Deleted member

That's something that is bound to catch people's eye. I am looking forward to hearing this.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dude.... this guy is amazing!

Meanwhile... Teran, I'm impressed! Having performed an hour+ solo recital I can tell you that it'll be quite a challenge, but it really depends on your ability to remain focused if you actually want to record the ordeal. I'm curious, how have you learned these songs, is it by sheet music or did you pick them out yourself? If it's the latter then it means you've technically made your own arrangement which would be awesome if you can reproduce it over and over. If it's sheet music, that's a bit easier because you can simply learn each song at a time and then just play them in the order you prefer. Either way, it's great to see someone so enthusiastic about such a lovely set of music.

It's a bit of both. Some things I arrange myself because I think people get them wrong, if there's an arrangement that sounds right I'll take that because generally I am a bit lazy and don't like working things out by ear and transcribing them. As for hacking the recital, that part I think I can manage because once I'm in the zone so to speak, my focus remains intact until the end. The real challenge is memorising the transitions and sequence of the pieces imo.

I like this idea a lot. If there's something you need help with/need to know musically, I eagerly await. :)
I'm an advanced violinist so musically I'm okay, I'm just not a great technical pianist yet lol, working on it. xD

Appreciate the offer though, I might take you up when it comes to discussing the finer things like dynamics.

Top Bottom