• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mainemont Hampshire player finder/discussion.

Landry

Smash Ace
Does anyone play Smash in NH these days. Like, in Plymouth maybe, at the university?

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
Are there any Maine players near the Gorham/USM area that're up for some occasional friendlies? I know one other person here that plays melee, so I'm looking for more. I have a car, and I'm willing to drive ~30 mins (but I'm also poor as dirt).

If it's a proper gauge of my skill, I get 3-4 stocked by Banks EZ at the tourny I went to in Portland.

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
we might play in either biddeford or topsham in the near future, about 4-5 people usually
That'd be awesome. I'm a little less ****ty than I was before, I think. I've got a friend that I could bring that plays also, but I dunno if you'd want him because he johns up a storm and wears sweatpants.

Banks

Smash Hero
lol it probably wouldn't be a problem, we have like 3 tv's set up so the more the merrier

i'll pm you whenever we plan something

Brookman

Smash Hero
If you guys are every coming through CT on your way to a ny tournament or something you guys should scoop me up. I pays gas and things.

Landry

Smash Ace
Really? I guess I'll have to check out AiB. Haven't done that in a while....

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
oh nice, that's roughly the center of the maine community, between Biddeford and Topsham. there's a couple of people in the gorham area as well, at South Portland and Falmouth.

there's two tournaments this weekend, actually, one for both games. I'm heading down to New Jersey for Brawl, the car is unfortunately full, otherwise I'd offer to pick you up along the way. there's a Melee tournament in Massachusetts, which you can find here. i'm not sure what carpools from maine are going, nor am i sure of what space is like in those carpools, but if you were interested in going i'm sure you could ask in the thread.

EDIT: oops, just saw the bit about "before saturday." try shooting a PM to Boxman X or TheMorgue as they live the closest to you (South Portland and Falmouth, respectively)

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Not much Dazwa I live in Virginia now and I'll be visiting family in Maine for Christmas. Does the crew still smash up there?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
For the most part, yeah. Maine's Brawl scene pretty much died out but the same people (banks, th0rn, solar, larx, boxman, etc etc) are still playing Melee. There's probably going to be a few fests this month with APEX coming up so be sure to hit Banks or th0rn up about fests.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Okay cool I'll definitely give them a call. I still have Larx's controller so hopefully I'll be able to give it back to him.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
thennnn your best bet is to either host a tournament yourself, or attend events in MA. I've hosted events in Maine myself and it honestly hasn't been worth it for me.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
does anyone still play who lives immediately near hanover/lebanon/grantham new hampshire? I played with the derrit and his friends in 2010 but he apparently went off to school since then

yes I like melee too

Top Bottom