• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magolor for Smash Ultimate thread thingy...

smash puffle

Smash Ace

Strangely I didn't see a thread for this guy either in the directory or while searching manually, only old Smash 4 threads, so I made one for Ultimate.

Uhh.. Who was this guy again..?
As some of you may know, Magolor was the main antagonist in Kirby's Return to Dreamland for the Wii. Nowadays, he will try to take your real money by offering gem apples and other items at his store in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe on 3DS and it's sort of sequel Super Kirby Clash for Nintendo Switch.
Just recently, he made his first fully playable appereance in Kirby Star Allies, as free DLC.

(no).

When Smash 4 was announced, he was one of the most requested characters at the time. Nowadays... not so much. Bandana Waddle Dee has pretty much stole the mage's glory as the currently most requested Kirby character to join Smash.
Even characters like Marx, Rick/Kine/Coo, Adeleine, Susie and Gooey are a little more requested than him nowadays.
Despite this, I still think he would be pretty cool.

But what about you? Do you still want him in Smash despite his decline in popularity? Or did you moved on with other characters?
I personally want Marx more than any other Kirby character, but that's just me.

"I think I still want to support him."
Sure thing. Here's the support list as usual.
Supporters so far:
smash puffle (Me)(sure, why not)
TheDarkMetaknight
ChocolatGelgato
Lisbon Mapping
Sailor Waddle Dee
SEGAGameBoy (got u fam)
Folt
SupriceSupplies
dimensionsword64
KingZing
NintenEdgyMan
Mogisthelioma
Takasmash
Dreamking
Acemania
RedDragon64
fairyghost
SharkLord
SirLordCapybara

Thanks 4 reading everyone!​

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know he was relatively popular during Smash 4's ballot but what of his popularity now. I'm not sure that would actually matter since the roster might have been finalized years ago. But I am curious.

Was he the flavor of the month or does he still have a large fan demand in Japan?

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I know he was relatively popular during Smash 4's ballot but what of his popularity now. I'm not sure that would actually matter since the roster might have been finalized years ago. But I am curious.

Was he the flavor of the month or does he still have a large fan demand in Japan?
I think it was a mix of both to be honest, since Kirby is huge is Japan, they would request him often I assume. But probably when Kirby Triple Deluxe was announced, it probably calmed down by quite a bit. Then later on 2 years later Planet Robobot came out. That's what I think happened anyway.

D

Deleted member

I'm very down for him, personally i can see both him and Bandana Dee joining the smash crew as well, that'd be amazing.
I think it was a mix of both to be honest, since Kirby is huge is Japan, they would request him often I assume. But probably when Kirby Triple Deluxe was announced, it probably calmed down by quite a bit. Then later on 2 years later Planet Robobot came out. That's what I think happened anyway.
To be fair he had a cameo in Triple Deluxe, not many of the known characters besides Dedede had a important role in it anyway, and Meta Knight was nowhere to be found.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Magolor is still popular in japan with a lot of kirby merch still featuring him. Also, he's associated with rtdl which is a pretty major turning point for the series.

He would be my favourite kirby character to see because he could do some wild stuff with summoning star portals and transporting himself and his laser attacks through them for some multi angle attacks. I mean any kirby character would be great but magolor has some serious potential.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
So I just looked at this article from Source Gaming:
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/
..And Magolor placed pretty high on the list, in the Top 10 in fact.

Bandana Waddle Dee is still higher than him, but it's still pretty high up there.
The initial project plan for Smash Ultimate was finalized back in December 2015, so it may give the mage a solid chance. Maybe...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Magolor is still popular in japan with a lot of kirby merch still featuring him. Also, he's associated with rtdl which is a pretty major turning point for the series.

He would be my favourite kirby character to see because he could do some wild stuff with summoning star portals and transporting himself and his laser attacks through them for some multi angle attacks. I mean any kirby character would be great but magolor has some serious potential.
Another thing to note is that on top of Magolor playing a big role in RTDL which was an important turn for the series as you said, is that he's one of the only two RTDL trophies in the game, so Sakurai at least knows of his notability.

If he's high enough in the ballot then he's got a decent shot too.
So I just looked at this article from Source Gaming:
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/
..And Magolor placed pretty high on the list, in the Top 10 in fact.

Bandana Waddle Dee is still higher than him, but it's still pretty high up there.
The initial project plan for Smash Ultimate was finalized back in December 2015, so it may give the mage a solid chance. Maybe...
Of the non veteran picks this would make Magolor number 4 and Bandana Dee number 2 so that's very good for the RTDL crew.

Though it's a fan poll so it doesn't mean too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Is he a Dream Friend in Kirby Star Allies? Sorry, I haven't played it. I don't even have the Switch. But, I feel like that would increase his chances. Also, I support!

Lisbon Mapping

Smash Apprentice
I definitely support! Magolor is one of the 6 Kirby characters that I'd want to be a newcomer in Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Magalor was a big want for me in the past. probably in my top 10. lower than Bandana Dee, but still very wanted.
as time went on and his game got older. his want dropped.
but I still really like him.
thanks to Star Allies, Marx may have replaced him as my second most wanted Kirby Rep. but I would still be really happy to see him. so I'll support.

D

Deleted member

Is he a Dream Friend in Kirby Star Allies? Sorry, I haven't played it. I don't even have the Switch. But, I feel like that would increase his chances. Also, I support!
Well, not yet, but he's pretty much a guaranteed Dream Friend at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I never finished Return to Dream Land, but the guy seems to be pretty popular, so I’d be fine with him getting in.

Folt

Smash Ace
He still very popular, and he's the one Kirby character I really want in Smash to be honest.

And yeah, Return to Dream Land marked a turning point in terms of the Kirby franchise and Magolor is one of the game's most important characters after the usual trio and Waddle Dee.

Specifically, he's the main villain, machinating a plot to get his hands on an artifact called the Master Crown, in a similiar way that Kirby was duped by Marx in Kirby Super Star. He's also the first villain to survive the inevitable beatdown and become a friend of Kirby for real. He'd be an awesome villain rep given that King Dedede and Meta Knight have shifted to more benign roles over time, but from what I've seen, Sakurai is still playing up their antagonist roles against Kirby.

He's not a Dream Friend in Star Allies yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Specifically, he's among the final group of DLC characters for the game. Free DLC characters mind.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've considered him the last few days, and I'd be down for him!
While I'm not exactly confident in his chances, even when taking the Source Gaming Japan thingy into mind. (Bandana Dee is at the top of unconfirmed fighters who haven't been deconfirmed, after all, with him taking second at this point. And I don't feel like we'll be getting two unique fighters from the same franchise in the base game.) That being said, I... can see him happen as DLC, actually. Not a lock should we get DLC, but I can see it happen nonetheless. Despite being heavily outmatched by Bandana Dee worldwide, and probably Marx in the west at least. Both him and Marx were honorable mentions in a recent famitsu character anticipation poll. (Outside of the top 5), so I feel like it isn't strange at all to atleast consider his chances. And Magolor is probably one of the few Kirby characters that has still gotten somewhat important roles after his debut, albeit very few.

I'm not banking on him, but he's my second most wanted Kirby character after the Waddley boy. And considering I don't have that many wishes to begin with, he's easily in my top 5. I like his design, his fights were fun, and taking moves from the Lor Starcutter already gives him quite a bit of moveset potential (also some stuff from Dream Collection but I'm unfamiliar with that). Donning the master crown while lashing out super abilities is an easy Final Smash, and I'm keeping a slight hope he'll remain relevant in the Kirby Series. So count me in!

...Or he ends up getting the Rathalos/Dracula treatment. I wouldn't complain in that case.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think Magolor would be a cool character in Smash, though I'd prefer Bandana Dee first. I'm really interested to see what they do with him in Star Allies.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Since spirits don't confirm fighters, I hope this raises his chances. He was the 7th most popular fighter request in Japan, and there's no saying we can't get a second wave of fighter DLC.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
After seeing Magolor's trailer, I think he'd be a good addition so I support. For on screen appearance, he can hop off the Lor Starcutter. I really want to get Star Allies.

If he was one of the DLC characters, we would get a stage which would be based on something other than KDL, Kirby's Adventure, and Super Star.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I want Magolor in not only because of RtDL nostalgia, but because he's be a pretty unique and cool addition. Not to mention how underrepresented Kirby already is....

:kirby::kirby::kirby:

D

Deleted member

Oh god, Nintendo made the typo cursed name typo themselves

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Hey how ya doin? If ya don't mind, I would like to be added as a supporter please! Magolor is my all time favorite Kirby character, so it would make me indescribably happy to see him in Smash!

Last edited:

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
Can I become a supporter? Kirby's Return To Dreamland is my Favorite Kirby game and Magolor is my 2nd favorite villain

fairyghost

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7803-4243-1715
i support! magolor's my most wanted smash character, as unlikely of an addition as he is...but anything can happen, right?

i'm really hoping one of the future DLC characters is a new kirby rep. probably going to have my hopes crushed, but whatever. if there is one, it's probably going to be BWD since he's much more requested, but if it were magolor, i would never ask for anything again.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, Super Kirby Clash came out recently. Obviously Magolor returns to sell Gem Apples.
Something I've noticed is that he's been getting more merch as of late.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Has anyone found a transparent render of Magolor for Fighters 2 yet? I ask because I'm working on a small thing with him

Top Bottom