• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magnets, How Do They Work? A Lucas Combo Video by Calabrel

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
The reason it's this length is twofold:

I had so much material because I recorded a lot and put off teaching myself how to video edit, which is still a WIP.

I loved the music included and wouldn't have wanted to shorten them more than I did.

To be honest, I prefer combo videos in the 6-12 minute range, personally.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Up air > back hair is so nasty against FFers.

Also, the real reason this video is so long is because Lucas needs to beat the crap out of you for an hour to get KOs.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
pretty sweet so far

i dont think 6+ minute long combo videos are that big of a deal, unless its a single character or single player video

THEN we have a problem

EDIT - a lot of these hacks were god awful, IMO, don't use textures unless its just a recolor unless it actually looks good

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i like that mario stage, with the platforms on the edge that move up and down : o gonna have to go look for that one.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Great gameplay, there were a lot of really cool tricks in here! My only complaint is that some of the longer sequences that featured either your opponent hitting you or you trying to get hits in could've been cut down or removed, but it was very enjoyable overall :).

With regards to the length of videos, I don't mind long videos as long as the material is good. Short videos that feature the best-of-the-best are preferred though.

MaxThunder

PM Support
the editing clearly improves towards the end there=)... I really like the part qhen tve last Song is playing=)...

Top Bottom