• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magnet Pull in Project M 3.02

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I have been maining Lucas in PM for a while now and being a Lucas player in brawl, the first thing I noticed when I started playing PM (long, long ago) was that there was no zap jump (but thankfully there is now DJC) and I couldn't magnet pull. Noticing not being able to magnet pull, I switch my c-stick back to smashes instead of b-sticking. I have recently seen in some Lucas PM videos that some people are still able to pull off Lucas's magnet pull such as hammertime and neon. I am asking if anyone knows how to and can explain execute Lucas's magnet pull. Preferably without b sticking as I now use a normal c-stick and rely on it too much for smashes and aerials. But I am fairly sure based off of the videos that it is very possible without the use of b-sticking. So if anyone could explain how to execute it, that would be great.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Hi, I have been maining Lucas in PM for a while now and being a Lucas player in brawl, the first thing I noticed when I started playing PM (long, long ago) was that there was no zap jump (but thankfully there is now DJC) and I couldn't magnet pull. Noticing not being able to magnet pull, I switch my c-stick back to smashes instead of b-sticking. I have recently seen in some Lucas PM videos that some people are still able to pull off Lucas's magnet pull such as hammertime and neon. I am asking if anyone knows how to and can explain execute Lucas's magnet pull. Preferably without b sticking as I now use a normal c-stick and rely on it too much for smashes and aerials. But I am fairly sure based off of the videos that it is very possible without the use of b-sticking. So if anyone could explain how to execute it, that would be great.
dash forwards
Jump + PK Freeze forward (keep directing Lucas forward)
input a Magnet backwards (no wavebouncing or b-reversing required).

you can wavebounce or b-reverse the magnet though if you want.
I find that backwards propels Lucas further than forwards.

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
dash forwards
Jump + PK Freeze forward (keep directing Lucas forward)
input a Magnet backwards (no wavebouncing or b-reversing required).

you can wavebounce or b-reverse the magnet though if you want.
I find that backwards propels Lucas further than forwards.
Hey thanks that helps a lot. That's strange that you PKF forwards in order to do it unlike in brawl but of course, this isn't brawl haha.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Hey thanks that helps a lot. That's strange that you PKF forwards in order to do it unlike in brawl but of course, this isn't brawl haha.
Yeah the physics dont make sense to me.
why would backwards make you go faster?
I wonder if when people recover, if they only input the backwards motion for 1 frame and then kept their momentum going towards the stage, would it be better than just spamming down-b towards the stage?

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the physics dont make sense to me.
why would backwards make you go faster?
I wonder if when people recover, if they only input the backwards motion for 1 frame and then kept their momentum going towards the stage, would it be better than just spamming down-b towards the stage?
I think that would be a good recovery if you still had your double jump to get fast momentum towards the stage to magnet pull. But if you don't have a double jump, spamming would probably be better but who knows.

Top Bottom