• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia: The Resistance | Sign Ups | 4 Spots Remain!

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
You are one of ten soldiers that have managed to sneak past enemy lines. The oppressive government that controls you is now weak and vulnerable, with nothing standing between your team and the five power plants that you plan to destroy. Bombing at least three of these power plants will allow your army to siege the capital with ease. However, three traitors have sneaked into your tight band of soldiers, and they will stop at nothing to foil your plans. With limited time, you must act fast, as everything is on the line. Who will succeed, the soldiers, or the traitors?

Rules
Based on the card game of the same name, the Resistance is a competitive game of deduction. Of the ten players participating, only three will be chosen as traitors. The other seven will be soldiers of the Resistance. The main goal of the soldiers is to destroy three out of the five power plants, while the main goal of the traitors is to sabotage the soldiers' efforts three times. Whoever reaches their goal first wins the game. Additionally, the soldiers can also win if all of the traitors are executed. However, it's not that simple. The soldiers have no idea who is a soldier and who is a traitor. The traitors, however, do.

The game is split up into five different rounds (one for each power plant/mission). Each round can be split up further into three phases:
  • Phase 1: Preparation Phase
  • Phase 2: Mission Phase
  • Phase 3: Execution Phase
In the Preparation Phase, the group must send players to the power plant to try and destroy it. Players can create proposals, and other players can vote on them. If a majority is not reached by the deadline, the proposal with the most votes will be automatically accepted.

During the Mission Phase, traitors have the option of sabotaging the mission if they were sent on it. If a mission is sabotaged, the traitors get closer to their main goal of three sabotages. If the mission is successful (meaning no traitors were sent or traitors that were sent decided to not sabotage), the soldiers get closer to their main goal of three successful bombings.
  • 3 players are sent on the first mission
  • 4 players are sent on the second mission
  • 4 player are sent on the third mission
  • 5 players are sent on the fourth mission, although two traitors are required to sabotage this mission.
  • 5 players are sent on the fifth and final mission, and only one traitor is required to sabotage this mission.
This leads to the final phase of each round, the Execution Phase. After the mission has been completed or sabotaged, the players can vote to kill one of the other players. However, there is an option to just pass, which means that no players are killed. Whichever option gets the most votes is performed, whether it be to kill a player or to just pass. The group heads to next power plant immediately after, and the next round begins.

The roles of each player along with whether or not a traitor wants to sabotage a mission will all take place through PMs. Voting and debating will happen in this thread. Additionally, regular Mafia rules apply. You can only talk in this thread unless you're a traitor, no editing posts, no posting/hinting after death, etc.

Participants

Also, if you're confused at all about the rules, please just post your question below.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I decided to make the traitor to soldier ratio 7-5 instead of 8-4. I feel that will make the game a lot more balanced.

EDIT: nevermind changed it back.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I could, but I probably wouldn't be doing very much. So it might be best if I didn't.
Alright, I've removed you.

Also, I decided to revamp the game. Now there's only five missions, ten players, and overall the game should be more balanced. It's a lot more similar to the original card game.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Hey, this thing still running? Haven't played mafia in a while but I'd love to join.

Top Bottom