• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Machinimas for SmashBrosWiiU

Machinima with No voice acting but great story?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I'm planning a Smash 4 series, but can't do too much without knowing the full roster. I also do Brawl machinima, I'm even in the same group as the guy that makes Smash King.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning a Smash 4 series, but can't do too much without knowing the full roster. I also do Brawl machinima, I'm even in the same group as the guy that makes Smash King.
...ahhh yes, THE Angelglory.
I really liked Tales of Advent.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
I think a text based machinima could work, but not in the way they're usually done. Instead of using text that looks like it came straight out of Windows Movie Maker, why not create text boxes and have the text emit sound in the vein of something like Golden Sun? Maybe you could add character portraits to the text box too to help convey their emotions (if they're angry, the character portrait shows them angry; if they're happy, the character portrait shows them happy.)? Let me give an example using Snake.

When Snake is calm, the text box and portrait reflect that. The text scrolls normally emitting a low and deep sound to imitate his voice. His portrait also imitates his mood; it could just be him with his dark and serious look.

When Snake is angry, the text box and portrait also reflect that. The text scrolls faster emitting a louder and possibly higher pitched version of the previously mentioned. The text box could also shake when it appears; and if he is really angry, the whole screen might shake. His portrait could mirror his anger by showing him baring his teeth and tilting his head downwards with his eyes gazing ahead.

Pros:
  • Unique: It really hasn't been done before.
  • You would not have to worry about voice actors; thus, you could possibly go at your own pace.
Cons:
  • It would probably be hard to implement/program. You could potentially find people that can help you out with it though.
  • People love voice acting; so it might be immediately dismissed for having none at all.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I'm afraid I don't have much advice when it comes to a text-based machinima, though part of that is because I, like many others out there, are used to these things having voice acting. I don't mean to discourage you or anything though. It does sound like an interesting idea.

On the topic of machinima as a whole, I am also a big fan of Smash King (I prefer that style of story over things like Smashtasm or Wolf's ******** Mission). It's the series that first got me interested in voice acting, though I still haven't done too much of that to date. All the same, I'm floating the idea of a Smash 4 machinima myself. Been brainstorming some ideas the past few days, and I already got a general direction in which I want to take it. I'll also want to see the full roster and play around with the game itself before I really get started, but this might be an interesting challenge for me down the road.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I think a text based machinima could work, but not in the way they're usually done. Instead of using text that looks like it came straight out of Windows Movie Maker, why not create text boxes and have the text emit sound in the vein of something like Golden Sun? Maybe you could add character portraits to the text box too to help convey their emotions (if they're angry, the character portrait shows them angry; if they're happy, the character portrait shows them happy.)? Let me give an example using Snake.

When Snake is calm, the text box and portrait reflect that. The text scrolls normally emitting a low and deep sound to imitate his voice. His portrait also imitates his mood; it could just be him with his dark and serious look.

When Snake is angry, the text box and portrait also reflect that. The text scrolls faster emitting a louder and possibly higher pitched version of the previously mentioned. The text box could also shake when it appears; and if he is really angry, the whole screen might shake. His portrait could mirror his anger by showing him baring his teeth and tilting his head downwards with his eyes gazing ahead.

Pros:
  • You would not have to worry about voice actors; thus, you could possibly go at your own pace.
Cons:
  • It would probably be hard to implement/program. You could potentially find people that can help you out with it though.
  • People love voice acting; so it might be immediately dismissed for having none at all.
I WAS PLANNING THIS!!! I just don't know how to do it!!! lol My idea actually was to make the first one good, with no voice acting and then depending on how many views and likes I get, the next ones in the trilogy WILL have voice acting. I'll like to have it from the start though but I'm not even popular on youtube, so when I make them I'll be posting them on here and facebook, twitter. Everywhere to get the word out so I can get voice acting. I'm even going to Villanjo afterwards to get some help and Smash King.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I'm afraid I don't have much advice when it comes to a text-based machinima, though part of that is because I, like many others out there, are used to these things having voice acting. I don't mean to discourage you or anything though. It does sound like an interesting idea.

On the topic of machinima as a whole, I am also a big fan of Smash King (I prefer that style of story over things like Smashtasm or Wolf's ******** Mission). It's the series that first got me interested in voice acting, though I still haven't done too much of that to date. All the same, I'm floating the idea of a Smash 4 machinima myself. Been brainstorming some ideas the past few days, and I already got a general direction in which I want to take it. I'll also want to see the full roster and play around with the game itself before I really get started, but this might be an interesting challenge for me down the road.
Same here!

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Sorry that this may be tediously long, I was really thanking you guys and saying what I was putting into consideration. If you want to know what this machinima will be about, please skip until you see this. "------"

Please everyone know that I'm not just skipping on to the next comment but I am reading EVERYONES comments and I really want to thank you all for all the advice everyone is giving me and even some of the things people have already told me is something I have been putting into consideration. Like voice acting, I obviously wanted it in if I had a vote on it at the top of the thread. lol And you are all creative and very helpful for me. Yes I am really considering voice acting, but I'm VERY particular about the things I choose. I watch many Machinimas and not all of the voice acting has been pleasant, but Smash Kings is very good I have to say. I talked to Villanjo weeks after I officially decided I wanted to do Machinimas because as we all know, or hopefully most know is that he made "A Link to A Smash" "Chronicles of The Sages" and "Bounty Hunter" and I have grown very fond to his series and Loves the whole concept of them all. Then recently like a month ago, I viewed one of Smash Kings Machinimas, and I said wow, voice acting for Machinimas is literally on a whole... different... level. It also sounds challenging. But I didn't really make it clear on what I wanted to do with my Machinima at first so here it goes. I want this to be something new, will it be serious? Yes, but at the same time there will be those little relief moments in there. Like not no bull****ty "hehehaha" joke to just toss around in there that is random, there is always that funny character in Machinima that is just goofy which is in my case is Donkey Kong (seeing how Sakurai is making him the Legally Blonde of 2014), Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. I also want to use this game in its FULL effect, things ranging from trophies to items, everything this game has to offer. If I can't use it then it won't be used but I'll try. I want this Machinima to be amazing, it might not be the best, but the Trilogy it will be, will be something to look forward to, the Sm4sh Machinima I'm making will be a Trilogy and nothing will be confusing because it won't stray off the story.

------

The Machinima (if you haven't read everything already) I'm making will be divided into three parts, ultimately making it into a Trilogy. Each entry to the trilogy will have a main supporting character, but keep in mind that there will only be three entries, all around 15-20 episodes long with a giving length about 8-10mins per episode.
  1. PLOT- The Whole Trilogy is based around one plot and it will be the official plot. The events are set 1000 years after a great war between the Goddess of Light and the King of Darkness. When the Goddess of Light defeated the King of Darkness, he promised that he'll break the seal that she has put on him and come back 1000 years later from their time. 1000 years later he is then reincarnated and tries to take back what he has lost. The Triforces.
So as you can see, it sounds serious and nothing so silly, but it will have its moments.

So when I make this Trilogy, look out for these titles.

The Legend of Zelda: Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Rising
The Legend of Zelda: Falling

Of course I'll let people know when they are out, but just by looking at the titles I'm pretty sure you guys/girls and get a glimpse of what it is bound to be about for each entry.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I'm planning a Smash series, voice acting and great story like Smash King and Smashtasm it Tales of Smash,
Some for thought.
:4sonic: Idiot/ Jock/ In your face type of person.
:4greninja:/:4lucario:Silent/:4lucario:his name is Goku.
:4peach:/:4zelda:/:4wiifit:Best friends who are obsessed with fashion.
:4myfriends:/:4littlemac:/:4falcon:Manly men who are obsessed with working out Ex :4littlemac:He is a boxer.
:4link: older brother of :4tlink:
:4tlink:He keeps following :4link: and is very annoying
:rosalina:/:4zss:Hardcore astronomers.
:4mario:/:4luigi:/ :4wario:Sibling rivalrys.
:4wiifit: explained above/Is a health&fitness nut.
:4pikachu:/:squirtle:/:ivysaur:/:4charizard:/:4yoshi:/:4greninja: They speak no English, they say their respective names/:4greninja:explained above.
:4diddy:/:mewtwopm:Thinks he's cool.
:4bowser:/:4ganondorf:Main antagonists.
:4dedede:/:4wario:Fat.
:4villager:Silent/ Messed up.
:4dk:He's cool so He took that spot.
:4fox:/:4falco:/:wolf:Cool guys.
:4marth:Foreign exchange person.
:snake:/:4megaman: Tech nerds.
:4olimar: Stereotypyical kid with allergies.
:4mario:/:4link:/:4samus:/:4pit:/:4kirby:/:4fox:/:4pikachu:/:4marth:/:4sonic:/:4megaman:Main protagonists.
:4megaman:/:4rob:Robots.
:4sheik:/:4falco:Tomboys.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
it will be divided into 3 parts
Tales of Smash: Melee
Tales of Smash: Brawl,

Tales of Smash: 3DS

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm planning a Smash series, voice acting and great story like Smash King and Smashtasm it Tales of Smash,
Some for thought.
:4myfriends:/:4littlemac:/:falcon: Manly men who are obsessed with working out Ex :4littlemac:He is a boxer.
:4mario:/:4luigi:/:wario: Sibling rivalrys.
:4pikachu:/:4charizard:/:4yoshi:/:4greninja: They speak no English, they say their respective names/:4greninja:explained above.
:4bowser:/:ganondorf:Main antagonists.
:4dedede:/:wario: Fat.
:4fox:/:falco:/:wolf:Cool guy
:4megaman: Tech nerd
:4mario:/:4link:/:4samus:/:4pit:/:4kirby:/:4fox:/:4pikachu:/:4marth:/:4sonic:/:4megaman:Main protagonists.
:4samus:/:4megaman:Robots.
:4sheik:Tomboy.
Isn't this essentially what Vegito posted on the previous page?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'll probably only watch Smash 4 Machinimas if it's something by Tigura, Angelglory and everyone else in Virtual Smash or if Smash King gets a Smash 4 sequel whenever it's done.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I was thinking about making a "War" themed Machinima for SSB4 Wii U. If anybody wants to help me, could you please contact me? It looks like SSB4 will be perfect for making Machinimas, provided there is a replay function.

Thanks.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Some for thought.
:4myfriends:/:4littlemac:/:falcon: Manly men who are obsessed with working out Ex :4littlemac:He is a boxer.
:4mario:/:4luigi:/:wario: Sibling rivalrys.
:4pikachu:/:squirtle:/:ivysaur:/:4charizard:/:4yoshi:/:4greninja: They speak no English, they say their respective names/:4greninja:explained above.
:4bowser:/:ganondorf:Main antagonists.
:4dedede:/:wario: Fat.
:4fox:/:falco:/:wolf:Cool guys.
:snake:/:4megaman: Tech nerds.
:4samus:/:4megaman:/:rob:Robots.
:4sheik:/:falco:Tomboy.
Looks strangely familiar

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I've started making Super Smash Flash 2 machinimas to practice. I also have a few early scripts that I've been working on.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
If anyone want to go more in depth to talk about their machinima or plans, please inbox me. We can talk about mine as well if you want.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx

Pros:
Cons:
It's been official, I WILL be having voice actors.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
...now with the Mii fighter, you can use them for separate generic characters rather than palette swaps.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
:4pacman: Silent (if he talks in the Pac World games then let him talk.)
:4palutena: Here's how I imagine Palutena. She's like the "God" of Tales of Smash. Let characters receive visions of her and guide them. But in the most suspenseful part of the Tales, Palutena comes and helps the protagonist.
:4mii: You probably won't even use Miis but if you do let the Miis talk or act whatever they're based off of.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
:4pacman: Silent (if he talks in the Pac World games then let him talk.)
:4palutena: Here's how I imagine Palutena. She's like the "God" of Tales of Smash. Let characters receive visions of her and guide them. But in the most suspenseful part of the Tales, Palutena comes and helps the protagonist.[Like Vitruvius Form The LEGO movie]
:4mii: You probably won't even use Miis but if you do let the Miis talk or act whatever they're based off of.
Oh and + :4pacman: is silent in Pac-Man Worlds 1 And 2 but he talks in Pac-Man World 3

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For the love of Sakurai, someone please redo this for Smash 4 when it releases on Wii U!

Making a remake of this is one of the reasons I am hyped for the Wii U version.

Regardless of whether or not the game has a replay feature, I have an Elgato! :D

I plan to make lots of Smash Wii U videos.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Making a remake of this is one of the reasons I am hyped for the Wii U version.

Regardless of whether or not the game has a replay feature, I have an Elgato! :D

I plan to make lots of Smash Wii U videos.
I will gladly suscribe to your channel then. ^_^ When Smash Bros comes out, I'll make a "Post Machinimas Here" Section for this thread.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm currently planning on buying a Dazzle. Just a question though. The TV I play on is an old square TV with crappy quality. Would that effect the recordings?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom