• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Tornado Upwards?

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Well, I was just playing a level 9 CPU Meta Knight, and I noticed everytime it would use mach tornado, it would go upwards doing even more damage since I can't DI out of it, and also knocking me higher upwards. When I tried this myself, my mach tornado wouldn't even go off the ground, or upwards at all. Help please :[

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
It's an excellent recovery option. It has great priority and is fast and has the best horizontal recovery options of all of his specials. It's not a good idea to get predictable, as always, especially since Marths and Ikes would just counter, but it is indeed a good recovery option!

Prax

Smash Journeyman
It's an excellent recovery option. It has great priority and is fast and has the best horizontal recovery options of all of his specials. It's not a good idea to get predictable, as always, especially since Marths and Ikes would just counter, but it is indeed a good recovery option!
Huh, I didn't know it was that good. I usually just glide in or use drill rush if I am horizontal to the stage.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I usually shuttle loop, either for the initial hit if I'm close, or the glide attack once I reach the ledge. I've never tried the MachT, though I love the move, so I think I will. I throw Drill Rush in only as a surprise now and then. Just make sure to follow and land all the hits.

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
Neutral B is really good if your facing someone who likes to spike. What you can do is if your already on the ledge and trying to get up because, idk your opponent is a happy camper for ledges. Just press down on the D-stick, then immediately press X or Y, which will launch you a tad higher then the ledge (also hopefully you did not just grab the ledge again) once your barely above that ledge, use your Neutral B move and move towards the stage, and BOOM! Your back on the stage and even if your opponent wanted to guard it doesnt matter, just go right on by them.

By the time I post this, I am sure a lot of people have figured this out, hope no one minded my input :)

-RoM-

ckm

Smash Journeyman
To the TS, I think the issue is that you are not pressing B repeatedly. I find that if I want a short tornado, I just push B once. If I want a longer tornado, with a bit of vertical travel to it, I press B repeatedly. Hope that helps.

To the others: I have not had much luck using this for a vertical recovery move. I dont get a whole lot of vertical distance even when I spam B. Is there something else I'm missing here, because Ive seen vids of ppl getting back from way under the stage with it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think Mashing the B button would work, I'd just like to ask, would Mach Tornado Be a good Recovery option? Just asking!

Don't forget that Pit ***** this recovery with his Mirror Shield.

This doesn't apply to pre-tournament level players, but pros can predict all of Meta Knight's recovery options and pro Pit players will Mirror Shield him to his death.

Myg0t.

Smash Rookie
ya just mash b rapidly.. but also the tornado best way 2 get max damage is to short hop and start the tornado in your opponent mid section and Nb rapidly then when ur high enough barely press Nb and if dont correct u are actually 2 do at least 25% i gotten lucky and been able 2 do 32%!!!

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
well I dont feel theres any need to repeat what everyones already said on the topic

keep pressing the B button, you'll magically go up

Doesn't grab the edge though >_>.
he wont grab the edge directly leaving the torando, but if you give him enough space he will (but this is slow and probably not a good idea, so just plow right through and get back on top of the stage)

Top Bottom