• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mac OS X 10.7

Peachiihime

Smash Rookie
So far, does Lion look good to you? Are you planning on upgrading?

[IMO Apple's decision to make it a Mac AppStore-only release is the stupidest thing ever.]

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hello! PR is the off-topic discussion board, so you probably won't get some good responses here (and thread will probably be locked >__>). But, here is the computer/tech subforum. You'll probably have more luck with responses and such there :D

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'll be upgrading. Agreed that making it app store only is stupid. I want my restore disk!

I wonder, however, if it means free family packs- you can install it on any Mac you own, correct?

Peachiihime

Smash Rookie
I'll be upgrading. Agreed that making it app store only is stupid. I want my restore disk!

I wonder, however, if it means free family packs- you can install it on any Mac you own, correct?
Yeah, like what if there's a power outage or such during installation? Then you're screwed.

For Lion, since it's an App store only, you can redownload it on any Macs authorized by your iTunes account. Which basically means you only have to pay once, I assume.

M4RTYR

Smash Rookie
I think it's looking pretty nifty. I'll be upgrading, only due to my brother getting it for free (He's an Apple employee)

The App-store only release is kinda weird, I would much rather have the disks, but hey, the price is pretty freakin' low. =]

Top Bottom