• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maby new tech? + trick to help the Firefox stall!

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
Well.. maybe I got a new tech for fox.. I’m too lazy to check if
its really .. "new"

The first tech is like this.

You’re on a ledge.. You fall off with mashing down your control stick.. but at the same time you press B so you "Shine". So you fall of and immediately after that you shine. so its kind of like an shine spike.. but then from the ledge. not too far away from the ledge.. you all know what I mean? If not.. ask it again .. I forgot something.. after you shine.. shine cancel by slamming your control stick Up.

A little trick to help the Firefox stall.. its the same as above.. but after you shine cancel with the jump. press Up.. so :

you press almost simultaneously.. Down ( on control stick ) and +B
After that .. almost simultaneously.. Up ( on Control stick ) and +B

So you Fall of the ledge, Shine, Shine cancel, and immediately after that Firefox..
If you did this all right, You will..

Fall of the edge ( almost nothing ) -> Shine -> Shine cancel -> firefox -> grab ledge.

Is it new?

Thank you for reading.

Edit: I corrected my grammar, thanks to phanna.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
You're saying, that Fox from an edge could:

1) Release the edge
2) Fast-fall to shine-spike
3) Jump-cancel the shine to the height of the edge
4) Firefox stall and re-grab the edge

Sure, that should work, and dropping off an edge to shine-spike is a pretty staple fox trick, though I'm not sure why you would want to firefox at the end when you could just re-grab the edge.

The point of firefox stallnig is to let go of the edge and stall right next to it in invulnerability to re-grab it for more. If you drop off to shine-spike someone, you're invulnerability will be gone, and there isn't any point to try to delay or otherwise complicate your edge re-grab with a firefox in this case.

But you have all the right ideas. And for future reference, if you have spelling/grammar concerns for your post, just copy/paste it into Microsoft Word before posting and making the changes it suggests.

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
Ehm, i didn't taught of that before. yea your pretty right with that.
But I don’t meant to Fast fall into shine spike. Just :

1) Release The edge
2) (still have down pressed) Mash B one time
3) Mash the control stick Up ( so you shine cancel ) and mash B @ height of ledge..

It is just then easier to doe a Firefox stall. but as your were saying, it costs you’re invulnerability frames..

Btw, Thank you for the tip with word :p.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I understand what you are saying. I call it a shine fire stall. It is old I started doing it and then saw it in one of foxandfalco's vids. So yea..... good idea tho it looks really flashy and if you do it fast enough you dont even go down any. it is just a shine then fire stall and ure in the same spot next to the edge.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
its been done before.

but yes, it stops your downwards movement.

though even then i prefer just DJ up SLIGHTLY and then UP <keeping the invuln, but better placing for the fire>

Top Bottom