• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lurker, finally saying hello. Veteran but also casual.

See a Con

Smash Rookie
Hi Smash Bros and Smash Sisters.

As the title suggests, I've been lurking on here for a month or so, but figured it was about time I said hi.

I'm a 30yo guy from England and I guess I'm what you'd call a "Veteran Casual. " I've been playing since Smash 64 was first released and owned every version except Wii U. However I only ever played it very casually, as a party game. Also, because I first learnt to play pre-internet, I never learned anything even remotely advanced. As each new version was released, I just assumed I knew how to play already, so never looked into it any further, which meant I just kept carrying my limited understanding forward.

So as embarrassing as it is to admit, I genuinely had no idea things like teching, fast falling, footstooling, etc even existed until a couple of months ago, when I was watching some YouTube videos about Ultimate before I bought it. So I'm hoping to make this the version of Smash where I finally learn all the mechanics and git gud.

I'm a Young Link main, currently hovering around 3m GSP online.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Villians

Smash Rookie
NNID
BRaE
Switch FC
5222 5033 8638
Hello, fellow lurker. I've been lurking for a bit longer myself, but like you have wanted to become more involve in the the Smash community and finally 'git gud'. I've been on a Smash hiatus since Melee (adulting sucks), but watching a handful of recent and no-so-recent tournaments these past few months has encouraged me to play again.

I love Nintendo and I love fighting games, so why not indulge in both? Though a life-long gamer, I would consider myself a 'casual casual' player of Smash, haha. So I would say that know even less about the game, but I hope to change that in the coming year and become a better contender that can play competitively.

Nice to meet ya, and good luck in your future Smash endeavors. Cheers, mate.

Hi Smash Bros and Smash Sisters.

As the title suggests, I've been lurking on here for a month or so, but figured it was about time I said hi.

I'm a 30yo guy from England and I guess I'm what you'd call a "Veteran Casual. " I've been playing since Smash 64 was first released and owned every version except Wii U. However I only ever played it very casually, as a party game. Also, because I first learnt to play pre-internet, I never learned anything even remotely advanced. As each new version was released, I just assumed I knew how to play already, so never looked into it any further, which meant I just kept carrying my limited understanding forward.

So as embarrassing as it is to admit, I genuinely had no idea things like teching, fast falling, footstooling, etc even existed until a couple of months ago, when I was watching some YouTube videos about Ultimate before I bought it. So I'm hoping to make this the version of Smash where I finally learn all the mechanics and git gud.

I'm a Young Link main, currently hovering around 3m GSP online.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Hello there, welcome!

In case you didn't already visit the Young Link subforums, here: https://smashboards.com/forums/22-young-link.621/

See you around!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here for all discussion about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here or
here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman:Name changes :starman: Bigger signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman:Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum:starman:
:starman:Support the Smash community and sign up today!:starman:

Top Bottom