• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luminosity Gaming Signs Abadango

Earlier today, Luminosity Gaming announced the signing of professional Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player Yuta “Abadango” Kawamura. Founded by Steve “Buyaka” Maida in 2015, Luminosity has already risen to prominence in a diverse assortment of games. These range from card games (Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft) to first-person shooters (Overwatch and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3) to MOBAs (Smite and League of Legends). This move represents their first foray into fighting games, let alone the Super Smash Bros. series.

Abadango has long been known as one of Japan’s strongest and most innovative players. Early in Smash 4’s life, he revolutionized characters such as Pac-Man and Wario, which earned him his first top 8 appearances at US majors. From there, he added Meta Knight to his arsenal, taking NicoNico Tokaigi 2016 over Nairoby “Nairo” Quezada. Finally, he decided to refocus his talents on Mewtwo, which won him his first US supermajor (Pound 2016). Since then, he’s made top 8 finishes at CEO 2016 and EVO 2016, while winning PPT Summer and Clutch City Clash. He’s currently competing at The Big House 6, where he waits to play in top 32 winner’s side tomorrow. Be sure to tune in on UnrivaledTournaments!

As recognition for his incredible successes, Abadango is currently ranked 5th on the Panda Global SSB4 Rankings, making him the 2nd highest-ranked player from outside the US. Smash 4 fans had been wondering why such a talented and charismatic player remained unsponsored. Luminosity is in a strong position for having signed him. Let’s hope this pairing leads to more exciting international travel and fierce interregional competition!

G.C. "Djent" Bill

Comments

Just earlier today i was talking with my friend about how Aba should be sponsored and as soon as i said that he got sponsored.

Glad to see my favorite player get sponsored!

Top Bottom